Public Games in Grifts

General Discussion
So when I open a grift and 2 people leave cause they keep dieing, we get tired of carrying 2 players and leave as well. The problem is after these 2 guys leave, new players join the game and as I leave, 2 more new players join the game. So there are 4 players who cannot join in the grift and just sit there and wait....

Did the PTR address this at all?
I doubt it... never heard anything about it. The PTR was only up for about a week. I only played it for a few hours myself, and I was more interested in seeing what effects the new set buffs would have. Some meta teams may have played, but they would probably have not been looking for pickup games.
This match making for GR is BS. i keep joining games where ppl are in games. and hope they can even finsh.
They all about paragon level 800-1200 i dont know what level they are doing or how long they been trying that level. its worse then it was before the patch. keep joing games with ppl that should not be in t13 level.
So i have to carry or leave and look for another game so i can level up gems or get higher paragon level.

Should really do like in D2 where you can make a game for this level to this level. just now not level 1-99. would be so and so paragon level to this paragon level.

(EDIT) just joined another game and samething. cant even find one that is r to pick a GR level and go. everyone is in a game.
What if it displayed the progress bar and time for those in town as well?

Wouldn't be as easy as always joining the game in prep phase but could at least mitigate some of the uncertainty...
Who asked for this dumb feature is beyond me. Yeah makes it even harder to find games.
That way the game has become unplayable:
- low parangons with high parangons don't mix well,
- keeping joining servers where players are already in-gr,
- players leaving because no balance,
- players carrying.
The basic feature where players couldn't join as long as the gr was opened was the best. The developers considered the viewpoint of the in-gr players, but not the viewpoint of the players joining... seriously, that wasn't so difficult to figure it out or to test, maybe..
01/17/2019 12:51 AMPosted by Noonsa
That way the game has become unplayable:
- low parangons with high parangons don't mix well,
- keeping joining servers where players are already in-gr,
- players leaving because no balance,
- players carrying.
The basic feature where players couldn't join as long as the gr was opened was the best. The developers considered the viewpoint of the in-gr players, but not the viewpoint of the players joining... seriously, that wasn't so difficult to figure it out or to test, maybe..

exactly, there should be the possiblitity to chose a grift range when enter grift public games, e.g. grift 110-115, so you will be joined with players with same desire and not paragon 5000+ than wants grift 130+ or paragon 600 that wants grift 80.
01/17/2019 01:08 AMPosted by Danutz23

exactly, there should be the possiblitity to chose a grift range when enter grift public games, e.g. grift 110-115, so you will be joined with players with same desire and not paragon 5000+ than wants grift 130+ or paragon 600 that wants grift 80.

It's the obvious solution so Blizzard won't do it.
This is why a 1 week PTR was a bad idea for such feedback.
01/16/2019 05:39 PMPosted by SteLitY
So when I open a grift and 2 people leave cause they keep dieing, we get tired of carrying 2 players and leave as well. The problem is after these 2 guys leave, new players join the game and as I leave, 2 more new players join the game. So there are 4 players who cannot join in the grift and just sit there and wait....

Did the PTR address this at all?

What you're describing is already know thing to happen when players leaves GR uncompleted. When new players join they can't use it because those who start it up have to finish or they can leave to make it no one can use it. If that happens make a new game. At any point of time this can happen just move along to a new game to use it.

So, this has nothing to do with the recent update and PTR.
01/17/2019 01:38 AMPosted by Wise
... ... ...

What you're describing is already know thing to happen when players leaves GR uncompleted. When new players join they can't use it because those who start it up have to finish or they can leave to make it no one can use it. If that happens make a new game. At any point of time this can happen just move along to a new game to use it.

So, this has nothing to do with the recent update and PTR.

Well, sorry to tell you did not catch the issue there :)
So, some stats:
- 66% of the games I entered had 2 players
- 75% we're in-GR!
- 88% of the players were < parangon 2000!
It goes without saying that these observations are nested.

Still unplayable. If you don't play the Season then you're f... up.
Today, 14:04, 6 public games Europe, parangons 700-1600, gr already open. There's something to reconsider maybe.
I solve this by only doing GR with clan members.
01/24/2019 05:42 AMPosted by Reeselover3
I solve this by only doing GR with clan members.

That's one possibility. This possibility doesn't allow as much diversity for the team or the player, and it depends on several parameters, mainly the time available.
The funny part is there are a TON of unskilled DHs (this season in particular cuz of buffs). They think they are more powerful than they really are because of the buffs that cause a lot of this (Open Grifts way too high for their skill level or gear) and then leave cuz they think the rest of the group is crap when they have NO idea what they are doing.

I've seen many DHs this season with frostburns on, and quivers with lightning and bracers with fire or something that doensn't match...

This season is annoying in that regard.
I thought the GR auto closes once those who initially enter leaves the game.

If I recall correctly, there were several times when a player entered a GR by accident after a player cancelled entering. The one who entered left the game and the GR closed for the rest of us to remake.
View profile with your right click pass 100 is good sign