Barb Wrath of the Berserker Dragon Ball Z character

General Discussion
Can we get a "switch off" from that totally out of context dragon ball z costume? Immortal King set is the only set i like how it looks like and because of the build i have to see all the time this clown in the game (nothing to do with diablo franchise).
I agree, there should be a toggle for "ultimate" forms to show or not, though it might be harder to do with Vengeance
Maintenance Mode.
01/22/2019 08:28 PMPosted by Arithawn
Maintenance Mode.

Doesn't really mean much for simple quality of life features...they're still updating D2 even with bot mitigation measures and other changes, let alone D3 they obviously just released a pretty significant balance change patch. So yes it's maintenance mode but that doesn't mean the player base should stop asking for small, easy quality of life changes
Yeah I hate ultimate modes, and I lol’d at your dragon ball z comment because it is so true. Blizzards likes the manga or anime aesthetic. It’s all over wow, overwatch and heroes of the storm.
Wrath of the Berserker looks more like the guy from Asura's Wrath rather than dragon ball z.

But to each their own.
Like Crusader is Michelin Man.
Hope a CM read this.
I get you don't like it and I agree that you should have the option to turn it off. But it's hardly out of context. It's an enraged berserker form. Probably has something to do with ancient barbs.

The Hulk wouldn't have the same effect if he stayed puny Banner size when angry now would he?

And hardly dbz either. Unless you are talking ssj4 maybe.

Again I'm not saying you shouldn't have an option. If only i'd had an option to NOT lose my resto druids tree form in wow. Maybe being able to look at our gear wasn't the point of making a druid for some people. Did you think of that Blizz? I want a racial specific tree form damn it! Your tree form returning as a glyph is an insult!... But I digress. I'm starting to rant.
My subs up so I can't complain there lol.
01/23/2019 03:20 PMPosted by Pestilence

Again I'm not saying you shouldn't have an option. If only i'd had an option to NOT lose my resto druids tree form in wow. Maybe being able to look at our gear wasn't the point of making a druid for some people. Did you think of that Blizz? I want a racial specific tree form damn it! Your tree form returning as a glyph is an insult!... But I digress. I'm starting to rant.

I just dont see (and as a matter of fact bothers me to some point) that attempt to try to mix Diablo universe with "anime" universe that has nothing to do with the game…

A druid that shape shifts to a wolf or bear makes sense, but a barbarian turning in to a Super Sayayin for the love of god...

Or the Wizard into a Sunday Morning super nova kids cartoon..

Just takes me out of the Dark Horror Fantasy context 100%...

This is the kind of art that IMHO needs to dissapear in a D4 for instance...
01/23/2019 04:12 PMPosted by Sigür
01/23/2019 03:20 PMPosted by Pestilence

I just dont see (and as a matter of fact bothers me to some point) that attempt to try to mix Diablo universe with "anime" universe that has nothing to do with the game…

A druid that shape shifts to a wolf or bear makes sense, but a barbarian turning in to a Super Sayayin for the love of god...

Or the Wizard into a Sunday Morning super nova kids cartoon..

Just takes me out of the Dark Horror Fantasy context 100%...

This is the kind of art that IMHO needs to dissapear in a D4 for instance...

Oh. That was really just an example of why I support options. Because I didn't get one in a similar situation dealing with transformations. OP says he also wants to see his gear and that was the reasoning behind the wow druid change. At first the tree form was gone completely until they gave it back as a cosmetic glyph.

Op wants the option to turn the barb form off instead of asking for it to be removed.

And how do transformations make any less sense than say, creating pools of lava just by jumping? Or being a god damn wizard? lol it's all fantasy with rules outside of our reality. Why should it make sense to be able to do one fantastic thing over another?

And I still don't understand or agree with this cartoon style argument. Wow is commonly used in the comparison which also baffles me. If there's an arpg that has cartoon graphics like wow's it's torchlight 1&2.
I used to import wow weapons into torchlight and the styles meshed perfectly.
01/23/2019 04:52 PMPosted by Pestilence
Why should it make sense to be able to do one fantastic thing over another?

Because the fantasy behind D3 is a completely different fantasy behind D1 and D2.
In D1 and D2 you are just a "mortal", of course with supernatural powers and stuff, but you feel the dark asmophere, you are a vulnerable human being in an doomed, demon infested world…

In D3 you are a literally god on earth… loses all atmosphere… you are constantly told to be a "Nephalem" (who cares), makes you lose all sense of vulnerability, which is a huge part of the previus games…

01/23/2019 04:52 PMPosted by Pestilence
And I still don't understand or agree with this cartoon style argument.

Again, compare the art of D3 with D1 and D2.

Graphical example:
https://cheezburger.com/6392102144/magda-from-diablo-3-totally-looks-like-rita-repulsa