Is the new patch going live today?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
ONLY CONSOLEs are patched today.
it seems that Blizzard really hate Diablo 3 community, ideed!
from support,

Diablo III - All Console 15/01/2019, 19:00 - 15/01/2019, 20:00 Patch required

PC's should be first, we were here first.
01/15/2019 10:40 AMPosted by Hindsight
from support,

Diablo III - All Console 15/01/2019, 19:00 - 15/01/2019, 20:00 Patch required

PC's should be first, we were here first.

Maybe down to the added price of the console versions,means they get priority.
It's wrong but it kinda makes sense.
It's a little like when Sony gets a COD deal going,they get the dlc a month before Xbox
I'm betting PC is actually first and they just know what times 100% that console will be patched but don't know when about for PC.
01/15/2019 10:33 AMPosted by Danutz23

Not likely to be true. We have not patched in a while, but last time it was consoles first too.

Blizz gives the patch to Console makers ahead of time who roll it out based on their Maint schedules.

Blizz handles the PC servers themselves and usually rolls out patches on the afternoon of the normal Maint day for each Region.

For the US, that is normally someone Tues afternoon. Down time is not needed anymore to patch on PC. We get patches without down time and down time without patches.
01/15/2019 11:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
01/15/2019 10:33 AMPosted by Danutz23

Not likely to be true. We have not patched in a while, but last time it was consoles first too.

Blizz gives the patch to Console makers ahead of time who roll it out based on their Maint schedules.

Blizz handles the PC servers themselves and usually rolls out patches on the afternoon of the normal Maint day for each Region.

For the US, that is normally someone Tues afternoon. Down time is not needed anymore to patch on PC. We get patches without down time and down time without patches.

But why, is the question I would ask. Why would they do it that way, after all that they've messed up in the past weeks/months. Why can't they or won't they just exceed (or even meet!) our expectations, just one time! I don't understand.
01/15/2019 11:13 AMPosted by SuperCuddles

But why, is the question I would ask. Why would they do it that way, after all that they've messed up in the past weeks/months. Why can't they or won't they just exceed (or even meet!) our expectations, just one time! I don't understand.

Blizzard is having a technical issue with paypal processing payments online.. this takes priority for all development staff. That I would say is what has interfered with their launch schedule and everything else they had in mind today.

Sometimes !@#$ just happens.
01/15/2019 11:15 AMPosted by LordNazgul
Blizzard is having a technical issue with paypal processing payments online.. this takes priority for all development staff. That I would say is what has interfered with their launch schedule and everything else they had in mind today.

And that affects Diablo 3 PC patching why? I mean, I know, shame on me for expecting simple stuff from a multi-billion dollar company.
01/15/2019 11:15 AMPosted by SuperCuddles

And that affects Diablo 3 PC patching why?

All about the $$$
01/15/2019 11:15 AMPosted by SuperCuddles

And that affects Diablo 3 PC patching why?

All-hands-on-deck during a technical outage of your primary payment processing platform. Anyone that would be initializing the patch at Blizzard would be dealing with this large technical issue.

Console patches are done outside of Blizzard, where PC is done within Blizzard, because it is their preference.
01/15/2019 11:17 AMPosted by Drunkenmonk
All about the $$$

But even that makes no sense. Every slap in the face is less $$$ coming in for the future.
Giev patchplox
01/15/2019 11:13 AMPosted by SuperCuddles

As mentioned, in order to patch consoles they have to schedule with console makers and follow their schedule with them, but for PC they have total freedom to do it.

Let's say they start patching on PC before consoles and something goes wrong, they would have to stop it mid patch to follow their schedule with console makers.

Doing PC after the console is strategically the best option (unfortunatelly, for us PC players).
01/15/2019 11:18 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
All about the $$$

But even that makes no sense. Every slap in the face is less $$$ coming in for the future.

Diablo 3 offers no micro transactions, so it is less important than paypal being operational to their daily budget.
01/15/2019 11:18 AMPosted by LordNazgul
All-hands-on-deck during a technical outage of your primary payment processing platform. Anyone that would be initializing the patch at Blizzard would be dealing with this large technical issue.

Console patches are done outside of Blizzard, where PC is done within Blizzard, because it is their preference.

Sorry but, how many people at Blizzard does it take to resolve something wrong with Paypal? Really, that's an all hands on deck scenario? Do they only have 2 people working there? Sorry, I just don't buy your ideas on this.
Hope Season 17 will be Season of the Horadic Goblin Grandeur... Double Gobs, Double Horadic Caches, Ring of Royal Grandeur and why not, throw in Double Experience to boot. In the meantime, I think I'll get another cup of coffee I don't need hoping this patch hits soon (or else I may need a caffeine patch) :P
Guys you really do not think a game development team cares about payment issues? With such a big company, there is an extra department for it, how do you get that idea? That would be the same if your mobile service provider would only have a support team, but no you will be redirected 10 times when calling until the right department is tuned.

They just can not get that updated to the Diablo series. It is sad that an employee here posts something without answering the question, then he does not need to write at all. Always guessing when a patch will come, instead of just telling the company what is the matter and that the diablo is dead and devouring only money and who do not want to continue to do so.
01/15/2019 11:18 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
All about the $$$

Yes but they kinda lost the D3 revenue when they closed the auction house.
Only way for D3 to make money is give us an expansion/extra characters/charge for cosmetics/monthly fee