Do you old timers remember

General Discussion
01/22/2019 01:44 PMPosted by MissCheetah
*sets out some fresh baked cookies and milk*

Make mine mint chocolate chip with a side of cats. :)
01/22/2019 01:38 PMPosted by MrGatto
I remember when I couldn't pass trough Inferno Act 2 with my DH cause I got literally wrecked by anything on the screen 'god damn wasps'.

Then I remember my Cookie cutter Monk back in the days farming the typical ACT 3 route every day and maybe if I got lucky I got 1-2 legendary/entire run.

That was before Paragon even existed.

Snip,I actually miss those times in a way.:P

@OP Btw your username is the same as my Wizard's name,nice one.

Same except I was a witch doctor day one. Finally beat inferno after the first difficulty nerf. Would rather have D3 vanilla than the crap it’s become.
01/22/2019 01:21 PMPosted by Avalon
Do you remember when paragon 100, and GR 25 was hard. Now, some people get to paragon 1000 and GR 120 in the first 3 days. At this rate will we be at paragon 10,000 and GR 500 in the next few years? Will the cell phones and NetEase be able to keep up with the ever increasing numbers?

The power creep is ridiculous in this game, to the point of annoying. I can't believe the devs put this out with a straight face. Is it too difficult to actually make the game enjoyable to progress at a moderate pace. It's instant gratification exemplified to the nth degree.
D3V was very flawed but still much better than RoS. It had more 'Diablo' in it. Could have been fixed from there. Instead of been destroyed.
01/22/2019 07:45 PMPosted by Gannon
I remember when I couldn't pass trough Inferno Act 2 with my DH cause I got literally wrecked by anything on the screen 'god damn wasps'.

Then I remember my Cookie cutter Monk back in the days farming the typical ACT 3 route every day and maybe if I got lucky I got 1-2 legendary/entire run.

Same except I was a witch doctor day one. Finally beat inferno after the first difficulty nerf. Would rather have D3 vanilla than the crap it’s become.

Zombie Bears build I assume?
I never liked that build but it was sure popular back then. xd

And well I like D3 nowadays but there are certain things that I miss from the old days.
I was only around for plvl and hit up paragon 100 with my WD. Never was around for Greater Rifts when they were a thing back at RoS.
lets go back even further. Physical immunity affixes. :-(.
01/22/2019 08:25 PMPosted by MrGatto
01/22/2019 07:45 PMPosted by Gannon

Zombie Bears build I assume?
I never liked that build but it was sure popular back then. xd

And well I like D3 nowadays but there are certain things that I miss from the old days.

Never like zombie bears, I think I beat Diablo with the jars of poison spiders cause I could kite well. I think majority of the time I used the flaming ball explosion skill one (sad that I don’t remember the names of them- but that’s D3.....forgettable)

Oh god those wasps are still a nightmare in the wrong gr level lol.
01/22/2019 04:58 PMPosted by SuperCuddles
I remember. I've proudly played every season. Pushing GR with Firebird Apocalypse/Hydra/Blazar and kiting around groups of enemies

Oh yeah, so much this.

Pour me a glass of the wine, Miss Cheatah.
01/22/2019 08:59 PMPosted by grundy
lets go back even further. Physical immunity affixes. :-(.

How about the good ol' "Let's use Tyrael to cheese Act 3 because otherwise the elites were impossible to kill due to the enrage timers". Then Blizzard destroyed even that and left most players unable to progress naturally because you needed later Inferno act gear to get past the earlier acts, but couldn't get to the later acts (3/4) until you got past act 2/3 respectively. Without Tyrael to help cheese act 3, players were left farming gold for the AH to get upgrades because they couldn't earn them on their own.

That's one oldie I'm glad will never happen again with this game.
I remember the days where you'd get 20% IAS from gear, and ASI was the same thing but added differently. I remember black damage and hidden multipliers. And I remember putting points into skills and stats.
01/22/2019 02:36 PMPosted by MrGatto
I don't miss the Act 2 struggle either but I miss the generic farming in Vanilla with simple builds like the Cookie cutter Monk and the only time I actually bothered to min-max my char to my limits.
Had a 120k+ DPS balanced Monk with life leech weapons in both hands,took me a lot of time and AH camping to get which I sure don't miss.

You should've made a perma tempest rush monk and just taken in on inferno jar runs. Your spirit regen had to exceed your usage in tempest rush, but once you did that you could sprint the entire map (never fight mobs, mobs r scurry) just kill jars and breakables and farm legs that way.

Once I started doing that, I was able to clear 30/40 legs a day (yes back in those horribad drop days) and start playing the AH game instead.

I also miss my CM Wiz, ya'll remember that right? How an entire build of Wizards ceased to be?

Or here's a great one, remember how EVERY class had a passive that GAVE YOU the benefit of Reaper's Wraps, and they took it away, so then Wraps would have purpose (this was back in the day where legs were still crappier than crafted yellows tho)
I remember running the Keep Depths with my 80-ish Paragon Perma Archon Wiz for legendaries (those were rare back then) and selling/buying on the AH.

EDIT: CM (Critical Mass) Wizards. Perma Freeze stuff getting carpal tunnel syndrome. Yay!
Riiight !... When I was a lad I can remember Wirt having 2 legs :p
My most dreadful memento of D3 vanilla are Phase Beasts in act III, going down to Cydea: I could see one disappearing and when it was visible again my Wizard was dead; that was Hell, not even Inferno. The game had been released for just one or two weeks.

Few weeks later, I remember finding a two-handed sword with a huge life on hit roll that enabled my Acid Rain Witch Doctor to finally progress through Inferno and kill Diablo, a week before patch 1.0.4, if I recall correctly.

Now, given a high enough GR level, Phase Beasts can still kill me quickly, especially when they attack in numbers, but they are not as scary as back then.
Lol says "old timers" and mentions paragon and greater rifts. I remember wishing I could have those sick rares on the RMAH.
I remember when Diablo used to have monsters that stunned you, chased you, and made combat more-difficult to get to the rare-drop-monsters. Tight corridors too. Not having thorns constantly. Leveling up blow-ups. Etc etc.

This game's combat is no where near super-good like everyone says. If you think deeper the combat is super shallow, nothing kills you but burst / elites. Nothing chases you down. Game's about turboing movement skills? C'mon man. D3's combat is nothing like Diablo 1 2's.

I also remember when Diablo had super-rare items where finding that one item, for the first time, and not the 80th time with better rolls, was the excitement. Death's Fathom Web, Arach, etc etc. Not, omg Primal same as normal I got 1 hour into the game cept this one has p-n-bigger stats. Gross D3.

Guarantee D4 doesn't get hostile FHR mobs that chase you rare items eth items and all the good stuff D2 did like perfectly. They must think rifts and multiple copies of multiple legendaries is the way to go, sort of like multiple teams working on multiple projects...

I think D4's devs will make it just like D3 unforuntately and not understand what Brevik n his friends did so well. What parts under the surface.
01/24/2019 09:14 AMPosted by Thorodan
I think D4's devs will make it just like D3 unforuntately

May be even worse >.<
Days when Kripp and another guy beat Diablo in Inferno HC before Inferno nerfs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDA7GxAtXM