reverse archon problem

Wizard
i mostly play barb and one of the few other class/builds i really enjoy is Vyr's set. Now as you all probably know this set is stronger when you are out of archon form then it is while transformed into archon.

im pretty sure it is not designed that way. They did not intend to make it work like that.

when patch notes came out i was a bit disappointed because it "only" received double damage (from 50% to 100% per stack) and even more so after updated patch notes based on one week of ptr testing. No changes were made.

since they did take reverse archon builds into account, they didnt want to increase damage further because they probably believe its fine like that. In my opinion, normal archon build definitely needs more dmg but because of the current situation with set, it would require a complete rework in order for them to make any changes.

just an idea of mine for possible solution. Why not make Deathwish also work with Disintegration wave (archon form beam).
That idea sounds interesting, but it had to be tested whether it would not make Vyr too strong (probably not).

Maybe more safe option would be to buff Chantodo dmg or rework Chantodo at all. It would affect only Archon form phase. The former - dmg tweak of Chantodo - seems to me most plausible since it is the easiest for blizzard to do.

To be honest I like Vyr in current state (100%). It is a little bit weaker than other sets, but it is much more rewarding to do well with non-meta build. I always get bored with playing a build that everyone are playing and I am happy with Vyr to be no the top build for wizzard :)

Despite my preferences, Vyrwill be a good option for speedfarm and maybe viable option for RGK in group play.
adding archons desintegration wave to the effects of Deathwish would be great.

it wouldnt be way too strong even after that i guess. I mean, playing with ingeom / deathwish would need alot momentum to get it rolling and playing with starfire / deathwish would still require a certain time out of archon.

Nonetheless archon would still need to pull mobs together and AT:SD feels like a way better procc to MH.

So, bascially it wouldnt even change much :o maybe the solo griftspeeds could go higher by 10 lvls. (doing 90`s now, 95s with 2.6.4 buffs and maybe 105´s with the deathwish change included).

Seems still a fairly competitive set then?
01/12/2019 02:40 AMPosted by Karolek
Maybe more safe option would be to buff Chantodo dmg or rework Chantodo at all. It would affect only Archon form phase. The former - dmg tweak of Chantodo - seems to me most plausible since it is the easiest for blizzard to do.

i very much agree with this. They could simply add one more bonus to Chantodo's set for example : while in archon form all damage is increased by x amount, like 100% or more if needed, not sure how much it would need.

01/12/2019 02:40 AMPosted by Karolek
To be honest I like Vyr in current state (100%). It is a little bit weaker than other sets, but it is much more rewarding to do well with non-meta build. I always get bored with playing a build that everyone are playing and with Vyr not to be the top build for wizzard :)

i understand what u mean but im pretty sure blizz is aware this 100% dmg per stack is not enough for "normal" archon.. but they are forced to keep it at that level because of the reverse archon build
The easiest fix would be Chantodo's wave scaling with attack speed. Has there ever been an explanation for why it does not?