Dibbles Immortal, will skill trees return?

General Discussion
I do miss me some awesome skill trees. That was one of the things I really hated about dibbles 3: there were no skill trees.

Even if it is on the phone, dibbles immortal would probably be better than dibbles 3 if it had skill trees.
Doubtful.

Just go play one of netease's other games. It'll be that but with a Diablo 3 skin.
I don't care about Immortal, but I hope D4 will have a skill system like Last Epoch.
Last Epochs skill system is 1000 times better than the one D2 had.

It gives every skill its own skill tree and its own skill points and it even allows you drastically change how a skill works - similar to how D3 does it with some skill runes - by allowing you to spend points into special talents that completely change the skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOa1c4F0s5o&t=190s

This gives you both a sense of progression, as well as the ability to customize your skills in meaningful ways.
They will not be returning in Immortal.
Highly unlikely.

Wyatt Cheng gave a talk at GDC 2013 that went through the all the iterations of Diablo 3's skill system and why they ended up where they did.

They wanted a system that allowed easy experimentaion and avoided "analysis paralysis". That's unlikely to change in Diablo Immortal.

The video is here for those interested: https://youtu.be/Snc7PAQywxk?t=2043 (at the 34:03 mark)
01/13/2019 03:50 PMPosted by Jinx
Highly unlikely.

Wyatt Cheng gave a talk at GDC 2013 that went through the all the iterations of Diablo 3's skill system and why they ended up where they did.

They wanted a system that allowed easy experimentaion and avoided "analysis paralysis". That's unlikely to change in Diablo Immortal.

The video is here for those interested: https://youtu.be/Snc7PAQywxk?t=2043 (at the 34:03 mark)

They wanted to be miles away of the design their predecessors left. Big mistake. They ripped away the esscense of diablo and it became a product for the masses, easy to play and absurd non-gothic disneyesque story and lore. Pride and lack of understandig of what is diablo is what drove them to take that path.
"DIBBLES IMMORTAL, WILL SKILL TREES RETURN?"

who cares...why would even make a post like this...will you actually play the game?
01/13/2019 03:50 PMPosted by Jinx
Highly unlikely.

On top of that, Blizzard is only supplying the art and story. The actual game mechanics are being done by the Chinese company.
Check the game that it's a carbon-copy reskin of: five will get you ten that will tell you.
01/13/2019 05:11 PMPosted by Sibenice
On top of that, Blizzard is only supplying the art and story. The actual game mechanics are being done by the Chinese company.

Why do you think this?

At BlizzCon Diablo Immortal was presented by Wyatt Cheng, Matthew Berger, and Kris Zierhut who are all game designers.

The only way what you say could be true is if these three are not really working on the game (it's all an elaborate ruse!), or if they're really artists or writers rather than game designers.
01/13/2019 07:25 PMPosted by Jinx
01/13/2019 05:11 PMPosted by Sibenice

Why do you think this?

At BlizzCon Diablo Immortal was presented by Wyatt Cheng, Matthew Berger, and Kris Zierhut who are all game designers.

The only way what you say could be true is if these three are not really working on the game (it's all an elaborate ruse!), or if they're really artists or writers rather than game designers.

Since when did the people sitting in front of a presentation at a press conference mean they were actually intimately involved? Fairly sure none of the suits EA sticks up on stage have anything to do with the games they show.

In this case: we KNOW that this game is being made by netease, not BLizzard.
01/13/2019 12:08 PMPosted by TheMechE
Even if it is on the phone, dibbles immortal would probably be better than dibbles 3 if it had skill trees.

Probably will:
To enable skill trees pay $4.95
You have earned a skill point, 10% chance it will be applied, pay $.99 to increase the chance to 20%.
Synergy failed between skills, pay $2.99 to try again.
Skill points have hit the max of 10, to increase the max to 15, pay $9.99.

Last Epochs skill system is 1000 times better than the one D2 had.

It gives every skill its own skill tree and its own skill points and it even allows you drastically change how a skill works - similar to how D3 does it with some skill runes - by allowing you to spend points into special talents that completely change the skill.

This gives you both a sense of progression, as well as the ability to customize your skills in meaningful ways.
I've talked to you about my other idea previously but I've come up with something else.

What I don't like about LE is that skill progression is based on using the skills. I like some of the skill progression being based on leveling up so that you chose how to level your different skills instead of just customizing a skill as you use it more. Combine the two processes. Imagine D2 like tree to boost the damage or AoE or whatever but also LE skill trees which allow you to customize the skills.

That way you get fine tuned customization and also better (classic) skill development
What is Dibbles Immortal? Is it a new game? I tried googling it but it always lead me here.
01/13/2019 10:47 PMPosted by LucasShark
Since when did the people sitting in front of a presentation at a press conference mean they were actually intimately involved? Fairly sure none of the suits EA sticks up on stage have anything to do with the games they show.

These guys talk about the design choices in games. It's pretty clear Wyatt is working on it. Do you think he's just pretending to?

And Wyatt is not an executive like the EA suits you're talking about. When have you seen a game designer (let alone 3 game designers) stand up on stage to talk about a game they had no involvement in?

We also KNOW that they've said it's co-developed with NetEase and they advertise for Diablo Immortal jobs on the Blizzard website.
for 10$ you'll get the skilltree.....but a skillpoint also costs
01/13/2019 11:19 PMPosted by Jinx
01/13/2019 10:47 PMPosted by LucasShark

These guys talk about the design choices in games. It's pretty clear Wyatt is working on it. Do you think he's just pretending to?

And Wyatt is not an executive like the EA suits you're talking about. When have you seen a game designer (let alone 3 game designers) stand up on stage to talk about a game they had no involvement in?

We also KNOW that they've said it's co-developed with NetEase and they advertise for Diablo Immortal jobs on the Blizzard website.

They don't need to make anything as the engine is already made by Netease (You can see its mobile games). The Main reason Blizzard partnered with Netease is because the later already has the infrastructure, the engine and the experise for a mobile RPG game, full of microtransactions. Blizzard only provides the assets, story and licencing. That way it cuts costs and and allows it to enter Asia market with little effort and a lot of greed.
You can already play the game by and give a Chinese company $1000 in microtransactions.

No need to wait for DI for this experience.
01/14/2019 04:00 AMPosted by Chipoodle
They don't need to make anything as the engine is already made by Netease (You can see its mobile games).

That's like saying if you build a game with Unreal Engine or Unity you don't need to make anything as the engine is already built.

There's much, much more to creating a game than picking an engine and putting in art assets.
01/14/2019 07:08 AMPosted by Jinx
01/14/2019 04:00 AMPosted by Chipoodle
They don't need to make anything as the engine is already made by Netease (You can see its mobile games).

That's like saying if you build a game with Unreal Engine or Unity you don't need to make anything as the engine is already built.

There's much, much more to creating a game than picking an engine and putting in art assets.

and that's something most people fail to understand. just because you're using the same infrastructure doesn't mean it's the same game. it would be like saying that all songs that were written in the key of E and the same scale are the same songs.