DH - Shadow Set question

General Discussion
The four piece bonus to shadow set states that shadow power gains the effect of every rune and last forever. However, there are two runes , gloom and shadow glide where the rune says you gain dmg reduction and increased movement speed respectively while shadow power is active.

So does the "last forever" part mean the skill is "active" all the time? Because I'm not seeing the speed boost unless I actually click on the skill and the speed boost wears off until I click on it again.
Preference if youre using the 4th bonus other than that you would need to re evaluate your 75k weapons damage stats
01/17/2019 06:19 PMPosted by Beast
Preference if youre using the 4th bonus other than that you would need to re evaluate your 75k weapons damage stats

Not sure what you mean.
When you cast the skill for the first time in a new game, (or after a Rift, GR, or Vault portal closes), you will get the following permanent buffs:

• Gain 30% increased movement speed
    • Reduce damage taken by 35%
    • Reduce the cost of casting Shadow power to 8 Discipline
    • Gain 53,642 Life per Hit
    • Life per Hit gained is increased by 25% of your Life per Kill.

When you cast Shadow power, you will get the following buffs for 5 secs:

• Slow the movement speed of enemies within 30 yards by 80%

You are seeing a temporary speed buff because you are using the Tactical Advantage passive.
Agree with above, plus you can check your sheet move speed bonus, it will show there while shadow power is active.
01/17/2019 06:35 PMPosted by VitaKaninen

When you cast Shadow power, you will get the following buffs for 5 secs:

• Gain 26,821 Life per Hit. (53,642 since it is doubled)
    • Slow the movement speed of enemies within 30 yards by 80%

You are seeing a temporary speed buff because you are using the Tactical Advantage passive.

Hate to say it, but that is not right.

With the 4-set bonus, you gain the effects of all the runes except night bane. Which is exactly what the set description states. You do not gain anything extra when you cast it again, except for the slow effect from night bane.

Regarding night bane rune: the effect only occurs at the time of casting, which is why the 4-set bonus doesn't apply. In other words, you only chill the enemies around you at the time you cast shadow power. It does not last 5 seconds. That 5 seconds refers to the length of time a monster is slowed.

https://youtu.be/yurXFAvCnPs

Elusive Ring is another possibility for a similar effect. That one increases your toughness for a while after casting SP.

But as Timberwolf already wrote: Your list is wrong.

You get every buff permanently except Night Bane. This one does not work as an aura, but only affects enemies around you when you activate it. But that's no major problem, as you use BotT anyway.
01/17/2019 09:36 PMPosted by TimberWolf
Hate to say it, but that is not right.
Thanks, I will correct my post above.

• Something to note is that this bonus to LpH from LpK is calculated at the time that Shadow Power is activated. If you use a Potion of Mutilation (up to 50,000 LpK), then activate Shadow Power, you maintain that bonus up to 12,500 LpH even after the potion effect wears off.

This is somewhat situational though, as this is recalculated each time Shadow Power is activated (which I sometimes do to keep Elusive Ring up) or you go into a new zone (such as the next level in a GR). However, if you already need to pot and are using this potion you might as well activate Shadow Power after for this reason.
    01/17/2019 06:28 PMPosted by MerLock
    01/17/2019 06:19 PMPosted by Beast

Not sure what you mean.

No one knows what he means - ever - you aren't alone.
    Better question: how is the 6 piece bonus calculated?
    01/18/2019 11:35 AMPosted by Negator
    Better question: how is the 6 piece bonus calculated?

"Impale deals an additional 75,000% weapon damage to the first enemy hit"

Impale normally deals 750% weapon damage, so with the 6pc it now deals 75,750% weapon damage dealing 101 times normal damage. This could be converted to a wording more consistent with other 6pc bonuses: 'Increases the damage of the first enemy hit by Impale by 10,000%'.

Note that the rune affects are not used with the 6pc bonus. So Chemical Burn, Overpenetration, and Richochet's additional damage or hits are not modified by the 6pc bonus - but do gain from the 2pc bonus. The stun and bonus critical hit damage from Impact and Grievous Wounds are disabled with the 6pc bonus, and since they are also physical they function identically to unruned Impale with the 6pc.

The extra Impales from Holy Point Shot, however, do get this 6pc bonus.
    Well said! I get it now, it modifies the original text of Impale rather than giving a damage bonus as other sets do.

100 time multiplier on first hit...makes the weird single damage bursts of Blessed Shield look stable!