How the hell do they do it?!

General Discussion
Its unfortunate to see new players buying a traaaash game with no development/acts/classes/horrible game design/boring gameplay

But good engine luuul
DBs start dropping at Level 60, not 70, but they are a rare drop until you start running torments.

That said, you get enough DBs from the challenge rift bag to upgrade the smiths and cube a few items, and shards to gamble.

Keep in mind that a 4-man gets increased (and shared) XP and magic find too.

Start a Seasonal Char, log in.
Play the challenge rift. Save the bag.
T6 Halls of Agony axe traps = free XP.
Open the bags. Collect the Shards ONLY.
Level 34 Custarians from Kadala.
Collect the Gold: Level ~50.
(Optionally Smith 2h, level 70 weapons with reduced requirements.)
The Hall of Agony traps are also gold farms.
01/19/2019 11:49 AMPosted by Jrpbulbrook
Its unfortunate to see new players buying a traaaash game with no development/acts/classes/horrible game design/boring gameplay

But good engine luuul

eh man mobile "gaming" is some of the highest-earning gaming source ever so none of that's really new to scam-gaming, but at least mobile "games" are free
01/19/2019 11:49 AMPosted by Jrpbulbrook

But good engine luuul

And yet here you are talking about it, and probably playing it.
They're russian.

So obviously they are hacking. /s
01/19/2019 09:14 AMPosted by MaskedReaper
Yeah saw these guys make the cut.

My friend and I were like "How the hell they do it so fast".
I was like at level 45 by the time they got the Speed Demon achievement.
So it goes to show Solo players can't make the cut for the leaderboards on Day 1.

So what's the point of the leaderboards if this same thing keeps happening over and over again.
Day 1 leaderboards and by Day 2 the leaderboards are already full and your locked out for a chance of getting your name on the board.

I once did get my name on the leaderboard at the end of season 7 or 8 with Firebirds Archon Wiz greater rifts at GR85 because I had a faster time.
So personally I think getting on the leaderboard at the end of the season is far better than the start because it shows you've put progress into your build and worked hard to getting on the leaderboard.

Start of the season is too unpredictable as you get crappy starting gear and items that won't drop for you or Kadala's too stubborn to give it to you.
Upgrading rares keep giving you the same item over and over again but not the one you want.

SO there are so many factors you have to take in and yet these guys get on the leaderboard flawlessly so...so I do wonder "How they get the gear to drop or craft for them on FIRST GO"...because we are talking 1 hour and 47 minutes here.
In 1 hour and 47 minutes they would have to get items-on-first-go in order to do the time.

I can understand people will question if they are cheating because "how do you get items that's NOT part of the season free class set gear so fast.
Most cases would be weapons or bracers or offhand that's not part of the free set gear mail to you.
Because gambling those items take time to hunt for such as blood shards for gambling and Death breaths for upgrading.
Death breaths only unlock at level 70 so you can't use the cube until your level 70 for upgrading.
So how do they do it?

Eventually some has give in to their secret because one day the leaderboard with have to change if its the same people on the leaderboards all the time doing the day 1 rush.

its not a secret except for people who dont look into anything ever about how to start a season fast, it was mentioned in this very thread actually..

You save you challenge rift for the season start. you make you character, you enter the game in the season in adventure mode. you exit the game, you go do your challenge rift, you get back on your lvl 1 seasonal. You open the challenge rift reward box. you get 4mil gold, 500 shard, 10 mats for all abouties 10 deathbreath and some crafting mats.

then you upgrade you shops, to lvl 12, well at least forge and mystic. you craft a lvl 70 weapon with a cc stats in the secondary effet, you roll the other stats to a -lvl requirement. this seaon i have a 1h weapon with 3.1k dps and it has a -24 lvl on it, so once i hit lvl 46, im in god mode and one shot everything.

Its not a secret, its are many many video made on it *EVERY* season, they are also video made to explain how to do the challenge rift and show you the path to take.

the leaderboard is a competition, if you dont show up to compete, you wont win! duh?
Edit: also there is a ton of little things you can do to go faster, ie, the templar follower has a much better weapon than you have at lvl 1, go steal it from him.
01/19/2019 09:29 AMPosted by Fullbringer
01/19/2019 01:51 AMPosted by Axolotl

Saying someone is better than another at a game that requires so little thought that they want to transfer it to mobile is like saying "look how hard I can press my 1 key, lulz I'm clearly better."

This game can be very challenging if you know how to challenge yourself. Have you solo'ed GR125? Have you done GR150 in a Group? As for myself, I'm barely pushing 110's solo and that climb is a VERY steep hill for everyone. It takes a lot of cdr management, timing, dodging, and hand/eye coordination. The misconception is that casuals think it's not challenging because all they do is T13 and one shot everything with fully augmented ancients.

But D3 is so easy and simple hurf surf no match to the super complexity of diablo of exile 2 and insane challengeibility
I don't know how everyone else does it. I've never leveled as part of a group.

I start with Monk because they have the best low level items to increase damage (1. Lashing Tailkick, 2. Tempest Rush, 3. Wave of Light). After Monk comes Crusader (Thorns).

I start on Hard, level up to 2 for Lashing Tailkick, kill a boss for rare items, then do regular rifts. At level 5 I craft axes, and keep going until I get level 10, where I craft new weapons, and focus on opening chests and killing elites for Lashing Tailkick boots (and as a last resort, farm blood shards from rifts or hope for blood shard golem). The boots eventually drop sometime between level 10-20. Then I crank up to difficulty to T4, slowly decreasing the difficulty, but never go below Torment.

It sound slow, but Lashing Tailkick boots add 250-500% something damage to Lashing Tailkick. And I put all my passives and active skills into generating spirit.

Eventually I will get Explosive Palm, etc, and I add that to my damage, until I get Lashing Tailkick helmet, then I just go full out Lashing Tailkick (ranged). I typically go ranged on Lashing Tailkick because as I begin to reach level 60, the monsters hit stupid hard. I might have to reduce the difficulty to Hard, but I never go lower than that, and I never bother with Expert and Master because they're badly scaled.

Roughly at level 65, I look at my season journey, and go do everything I can do, then I level up the final few levels and get my first pair of set items.

This season, the first set bonus was every third hit from spirit generators apply explosive palm, so the only thing I really changed on my set was Crippling Wave because the third hit in Crippling Wave hits everything in a pretty long AoE radius. Then I used lashing tailkick to trigger it. At this point I'm doing Torment 1 or 2 because otherwise there are no good chance of legendaries dropping from chests etc.

My main focus at this point is getting a weapon with good stats, and since I'm aiming for Wave of Light, I don't really care if I get the Seven-Sided Strike daibo. So, what I do is, I focus on DB's, and picking up rare daibos along my route (or crafting daibos), so that I can upgrade it in kanai's cube.

After I get what I want, I stop, and focus on GR keys because it drops a lot more blood shards and legendaries than a regular rift. Then I use the blood shards on armor (never weapons).

This season I was level 60 when people started to climb the leaderboard (I think the highest level was 10). So I wasn't THAT far behind.

But, I'm at a point in my life where I focus on keeping my sleep schedule in order so I called it quits roughly after I got my 4p bonus. After that, I've been playing some GW2 with a friend.

I don't know why you care, though. People who climb the top of the leaderboard aren't winning anything, not even achievements or gear. They get nothing for it. What I mean, is, you're not losing anything by not being first.

Ps. I forgot to mention: Upgrade ruby for your weapons, and use two-handers when you must. Killing quickly is better than barely getting through.
Some people make money with this kind of "race".

Being world first at a stream brings tons of clicks/donates.

And to achieve this people practice every day to beat theyr own record.

Its a full time job for them bcs they earn money with this kind of gaming....its far away fron tryhard.
01/19/2019 01:10 AMPosted by Cannae
Step 1: Challenge Rift

Step 2: 3 DH and a Barb sounds like the new XP meta that Zero Empathy was using today. You create Torment VI games, head to Halls of Agony level 1 and let the giant axe traps kill the mobs for you. You level to 70 in about an hour if you don't die too much.

Step 3: When you ding 70, you make a level 1 game on torment VI to run the bounties. this gives you the most materials for the least effort.

Step 4: Finish up the Season Journey for your class set and proceed to Torment XIII. Because... the patch and stuff.
it's the composition and haedrigs.

the barb provides ignore pain, and an immense amount of buffs. (zbarb is pretty easy to construct. if a bit slower on buff applications early)

the 3 dh feed each other drops to optimize. first good item/weapon drops, it goes to one dh, and the the others etc. letting you speed clear rifts. Powering to 70 takes no time at all that way. 2 hours generally for semi focused groups, 3 hours for groups that aren't as focused on composition. just over an hour or so for fully planned out 4 mans including composition

Then you go for haedrigs gift right after, which gives the dmg dealers immense ability. especially this season with how much stuff got buffed, the set bonuses alone will carry that comp to t13.

Again, they key is a zbarb. they provide soo much that the dh's need at that stage of the game, allowing them to go higher and quicker than they'd normally be able. Think about it, barb buff/spd + 3 nats dh's? (multishot, strafe, or chakram). everything melts.
The leaderboard really isn’t that hard.

A couple of seasons back I started playing half way through the season and managed to get a spot in the 500s without too much effort.

It might be discouraging when the ladders blow up at the start of the season but that means nothing because most of those players don’t just keep grinding for the best spot all season long, they burn out and do something else.

There’s no reason why by the end of the season with a little effort and build research, you can’t have a spot on the ladder.
dh are going wild this season! and... its awsome in some way.

i never played condemn crusader, so i started crus this season, played mostly solo, got hammerdin set, farmed, got akkhan, went condemn, and did 90gr solo and this was top500 last evening.

but look at dh leaderboard! 104gr to enter top1000.
can anyone explain what happaned? :)
01/20/2019 08:15 PMPosted by TaintedFate
can anyone explain what happaned? :)

The Shadow set got major buffs to its 2-piece and 6-piece bonus.
Personally, I don't care what they do or how fast they do it. My past Seasonal experiences are waiting a few hours then get one of these guys to level me to 70 in 5 minutes.

Then I go on my merry way getting my Haedrigs stuff. Bump up to T6 or maybe T8 depending on the set and just start the item hunt by myself or with my kids if they are playing.

The highest I've ever gotten was a solo GR90 (if I recall correctly) with my Barbarian. SInce he's got decent gear, I'm working on the WD now.

I play the game for amusement, to slay boatloads of demons and hopefully see some nice loot drop. Diablo isn't my only game by any means but it's a nice, mindless monster mash for loot that I can play while watching TV.
Solo player here. Missed first half day got good session in yesterday. Ended tier 86hc gr. Solo ez
01/20/2019 05:50 AMPosted by ETpagh
01/19/2019 09:29 AMPosted by Fullbringer

This game can be very challenging if you know how to challenge yourself. Have you solo'ed GR125? Have you done GR150 in a Group? As for myself, I'm barely pushing 110's solo and that climb is a VERY steep hill for everyone. It takes a lot of cdr management, timing, dodging, and hand/eye coordination. The misconception is that casuals think it's not challenging because all they do is T13 and one shot everything with fully augmented ancients.

But D3 is so easy and simple hurf surf no match to the super complexity of diablo of exile 2 and insane challengeibility

I did Poe for a few yrs till 100 hc, Poe is like d2 but 100x better and very very hard to learn it 100%.

D3 is just a diff game completely. Only difficulty is pushing grs other than that this games ez boring. At least
There’s gr ladders tho
They could have just got lucky and hit a rainbow gob/portal in the very early level process and got a ton of level 70 gems.

That would be game changing for 1 person let alone a 4 party team that understands exactly how to play the game for max effc.
01/18/2019 09:02 PMPosted by Fullbringer
They are try hards because they are better than you? That's a horrible perspective.

On top of it, the term "try hards" has a negative connotation to it.

However, used the proper way:" Poor kid is exhausted, it was his first day on the job, I have to say I am impressed, he really tried hard!

So maybe it should be re-titled to something that makes more sense, Like how the hell do they do it?!

Personally I could not do it even if I had time off. You have to admit it is mind boggling.

Myself, I just look at my game, I am not competing with anyone. So what they are doing does not matter to me. If they are doing it legit I am curious as hell to see/know what kind of blood sweat and tears it requires.