How the hell do they do it?!

General Discussion
01/21/2019 09:14 AMPosted by Dusky
01/18/2019 09:02 PMPosted by Fullbringer
They are try hards because they are better than you? That's a horrible perspective.

On top of it, the term "try hards" has a negative connotation to it.

However, used the proper way:" Poor kid is exhausted, it was his first day on the job, I have to say I am impressed, he really tried hard!

So maybe it should be re-titled to something that makes more sense, Like how the hell do they do it?!

Personally I could not do it even if I had time off. You have to admit it is mind boggling.

Myself, I just look at my game, I am not competing with anyone. So what they are doing does not matter to me. If they are doing it legit I am curious as hell to see/know what kind of blood sweat and tears it requires.

Most stuff is streamed.

Anything in life you do a ton over and over you will improve at, hopefully. Once you know every monster ability and trick it’s a cakewalk. A lot of top people I play with all work but used to game a !@#$ ton and some I have on my friends list still play 20hrs a day. It’s mostly down to hours and theorycrafting, just learning really.
01/19/2019 01:41 PMPosted by Masq
01/19/2019 11:49 AMPosted by Jrpbulbrook
Its unfortunate to see new players buying a traaaash game with no development/acts/classes/horrible game design/boring gameplay

But good engine luuul

And yet here you are talking about it, and probably playing it.

Warning about the game. And no im not playing this season. had it ACTUALLY been a game changing season i might not be so toxic. But blizzcon combined with a free rorg and number changes isnt exactly game changing. How about a season with no sets. How about buffing LON WITHOUT buffing sets which nullified the LON buff. How about bringing back builds that were fun like nether tentacle dh or cm wizzies. But no, that would require time and effort. Not only that they couldn't even release the season during Christmas holidays. Why? To test what? The exact same !@#$ for the past 5 years. You think im gonna play a game where they add a 0 on the end damage multipliers and im gonna get all moist? Im here to try and psuade people from logging in so that they stop doing half baked development and produce something Blizz worthy
01/21/2019 12:38 PMPosted by Jrpbulbrook
01/19/2019 01:41 PMPosted by Masq

And yet here you are talking about it, and probably playing it.

Warning about the game. And no im not playing this season. had it ACTUALLY been a game changing season i might not be so toxic. But blizzcon combined with a free rorg and number changes isnt exactly game changing. How about a season with no sets. How about buffing LON WITHOUT buffing sets which nullified the LON buff. How about bringing back builds that were fun like nether tentacle dh or cm wizzies. But no, that would require time and effort. Not only that they couldn't even release the season during Christmas holidays. Why? To test what? The exact same !@#$ for the past 5 years. You think im gonna play a game where they add a 0 on the end damage multipliers and im gonna get all moist? Im here to try and psuade people from logging in so that they stop doing half baked development and produce something Blizz worthy

I for one like and glad for the LoN buff and actually having fun with it after 15 seasons of only playing sets.

Will it be competent in GRs? Probably not but thats not something I care about anyway.
01/21/2019 10:25 AMPosted by pDub

On top of it, the term "try hards" has a negative connotation to it.

However, used the proper way:" Poor kid is exhausted, it was his first day on the job, I have to say I am impressed, he really tried hard!

So maybe it should be re-titled to something that makes more sense, Like how the hell do they do it?!

Personally I could not do it even if I had time off. You have to admit it is mind boggling.

Myself, I just look at my game, I am not competing with anyone. So what they are doing does not matter to me. If they are doing it legit I am curious as hell to see/know what kind of blood sweat and tears it requires.

Most stuff is streamed.

Anything in life you do a ton over and over you will improve at, hopefully. Once you know every monster ability and trick it’s a cakewalk. A lot of top people I play with all work but used to game a !@#$ ton and some I have on my friends list still play 20hrs a day. It’s mostly down to hours and theorycrafting, just learning really.

I suppose but still most impressive. I have been playing since a scorn with a socket and it already on it was selling for 200 $. 20 hours a day? Holy <expletive here>
If you watch their stream, you'll understand that if it's just you, or even just a group of 4, you have no shot to compete.

1. Know the leveling process. A decent group can hit 1-70 in about an hour. Sometimes HoA1 traps, this season, Darkening of Tristram with group massacre bonuses.

2. With HoA and 3 DH's, they don't need to waste blood shards on items, which gives them a massive advantage when they hit 70, because they can roll for gear.

3. They have other people running the bounties for them so they don't have to do that themselves. (This is a part I would say is cheating, if you've watched their stream, you'll know what I mean).

4. They donate/share gear. If you have 3 DHs all donate gear to a specific player to get them geared up ASAP, they can carry everyone else in higher levels than if everyone plays for themselves.

It's faster for everyone if you donate to one player. This is a key difference between the EU players and the Americas players from what I've seen. (EU players tend to play for the group, and Americas tend to play for the individual). This is a reason why, a solo player only gets 30 paragon levels in 1 hour while the group get 250+. You get a fully loaded UE DH, which isn't hard with 2 others donating gear, and in half an hour, you're carrying everyone through t10, rather than 3 individual DHs with 2 pieces each, with the whole group struggling through t2. And guess which torment level drops better gear for everyone? It pays to share & donate.
01/21/2019 07:32 PMPosted by BehindTimes
If you watch their stream, you'll understand that if it's just you, or even just a group of 4, you have no shot to compete.

1. Know the leveling process. A decent group can hit 1-70 in about an hour. Sometimes HoA1 traps, this season, Darkening of Tristram with group massacre bonuses.

2. With HoA and 3 DH's, they don't need to waste blood shards on items, which gives them a massive advantage when they hit 70, because they can roll for gear.

3. They have other people running the bounties for them so they don't have to do that themselves. (This is a part I would say is cheating, if you've watched their stream, you'll know what I mean).

4. They donate/share gear. If you have 3 DHs all donate gear to a specific player to get them geared up ASAP, they can carry everyone else in higher levels than if everyone plays for themselves.

It's faster for everyone if you donate to one player. This is a key difference between the EU players and the Americas players from what I've seen. (EU players tend to play for the group, and Americas tend to play for the individual). This is a reason why, a solo player only gets 30 paragon levels in 1 hour while the group get 250+. You get a fully loaded UE DH, which isn't hard with 2 others donating gear, and in half an hour, you're carrying everyone through t10, rather than 3 individual DHs with 2 pieces each, with the whole group struggling through t2. And guess which torment level drops better gear for everyone? It pays to share & donate.

Ahh, I hadn't considered that they might donate gear that they NEED. Yes, I'm American. ha. I can see that making a brutal impact for sure. Glad you posted this. My nephew and I might do that next time I convince him to do a season. I can just feed him all the gear he's faster than me anyhow with the twitch reflex. I did the challenge rift Masq mentioned and it saved me a ton of time. I was only level 20 or something when I did it. Leveling is NOT fun second time around and I have made probably 40 heroes. Counting ps3 more. Any saved time is good.

On the other thing, the bounty sharing thing. When I was growing up we would have called that an exploit. Prior to online gaming exploit was always a good thing in my group. Most of the simple stuff we learned as kids never works these days anyhow so I don't think about it too much that way since they blur the lines of exploit/more complicated knowledge of the game. into the background now really. Like how you read an AI in a game like DoTa in bots mode. Or how we always killed the comp insane fast in Wc3 so it didn't have time to tech and rollout into a demi-god. (Diablo works it right into the game with skill synergies on legends similar to a lot of games.) But this really allows them to use other peoples work to get first in regions etc I guess. So I can see how that might feel like cheating to some people. It doesn't bother me because achievements are for WoW imho. I would rather have loot. But the option isn't available to me anyhow so this saves me from debating the ethics of it with myself.

Thanks for the post.

[/quote]

It was the example you gave. The kid that tried hard. Anyhow, I can see from the down-votes and early comments that it apparently managed to offend some people despite the disclaimer in first sentence. Anyhow: Done.
they are the pro-players and clans.
-they represent only a few % of the playerbase.

just leave them alone, until they start whining on the forums that the game is too easy, while the normal players have no problem, being 50x slower...
i would LOVE to see this game get SSF mode. more fair competitive environment.
Takes me an hour just to get the cube.

*shrug*
01/20/2019 06:58 AMPosted by CroDanZ
Some people make money with this kind of "race".

Being world first at a stream brings tons of clicks/donates.

And to achieve this people practice every day to beat theyr own record.

Its a full time job for them bcs they earn money with this kind of gaming....its far away fron tryhard.

/agree

This needs to be quoted because the folks who Twitch/YT stream for a living almost HAVE to be this good for the clicks/donations/subs. People playing a new season like me, slowly and methodically goofing around with a new build, are not paying the bills with all zero of the viewers to my "boring as watching paint dry" gameplay.

To toss the "tryhard" pejorative at people who are literally earning a living with a MINIMUM 50-60 hours per week of world class video game play is seriously disingenuous and tonedeaf, imho.

If streamers and pro players annoy the casuals, then the casuals should stop paying attention to them, the ladders, and all the competitive rewards because dedication to a thing is not bad simply because others don't share that level of dedication. I am a super casual player, and I gave up on leaderboards and all that years ago. My greatest competitive achievement in D3 was making the top 1000 solo SC for like an hour or so with only like 4 days left in a season (meaning, kind of a joke of an accomplishment).