If you're looking for a new RPG to play

Games & Technology
It's not a hack and slash real-time game like Diablo, but its turn-based combat is still very satisfying, story is better than being killed by butterflies, and every musical track in the game sounds gorgeous. You can also play it online with other people. I could not put it down for a moment.

Divinity 2: Original Sin.
Great game.
I liked very much DivineDivinity. Do not try Divinity 2 as the play style is changed and not really like it.

I tried POE but not liked it from the beginning and not invested time on it.
GrimDawn was very promising, play some time with it, get a char to level 35 something like this, but a moment stopped play it. there were some technical issue, the entire PC freeze that you need to hard reset it when play in group. But also battles feel very clumpy, very slow battles. portals management not nice at all and even get lost on maps some time. sadly I stop play it even this game might be a good RPG.

What is unique now to Diablo 3 is the ability of killing hordes of demons in seconds, ability to clear maps in high speed, fast battles, hight attack rates(which for example GrimDawn and POE do not have or I could not find items/skills for it), that make you feel powerful.
01/09/2019 10:27 PMPosted by Danutz23
I liked very much DivineDivinity. Do not try Divinity 2 as the play style is changed and not really like it.

GrimDawn was very promising, play some time with it, get a char to level 35 something like this, but a moment stopped play it. there were some technical issue, the entire PC freeze that you need to hard reset it when play in group. But also battles feel very clumpy, very slow battles. portals management not nice at all and even get lost on maps some time. sadly I stop play it even this game might be a good RPG.

What is unique now to Diablo 3 is the ability of killing hordes of demons in seconds, ability to clear maps in high speed, fast battles, hight attack rates(which for example GrimDawn and POE do not have or I could not find items/skills for it), that make you feel powerful.

When it comes to fast combat/map clears, PoE is just that in mid to upper tier maps, especially if you know the mechanics.

Edit: Also, obviously your build and skills come into play as well.
01/09/2019 10:52 PMPosted by Zylox

When it comes to fast combat/map clears, PoE is just that in mid to upper tier maps, especially if you know the mechanics.

Edit: Also, obviously your build and skills come into play as well.

might be, sadly I did not have patience to play until reaching higher tiers. at the beginning the game feel too clumpy.
I liked leveling in PoE, it's also better the 2nd time as you can have some currency to buy leveling uniques or build enablers and make it fun. But it's endgame mapping "progression" is !@#$. Tons of RNG or needing to trade to fill out the atlas for more RNG.

Like locked to running low difficulty rifts over and over but not getting anything out of it. With D3 you get paragon and grift keys, or running grifts get you gem levels. There's a proper reward for rifting even if it is grindy as %^-*. But mapping turned me off as i couldn't keep interested past like T3 out of 16.
01/09/2019 09:47 PMPosted by PainReliever
It's not a hack and slash real-time game like Diablo, but its turn-based combat is still very satisfying, story is better than being killed by butterflies, and every musical track in the game sounds gorgeous. You can also play it online with other people. I could not put it down for a moment.

Fantastic game, as was Divinity: Original Sin. They're the first games in years to really recapture the feeling of old turn-based RPGs like Baldur's Gate.

I have no idea why OP is getting down-voted.
Divinity : Original Sin 2 is also amazing, I’d say more so than the first. Both great games.
Pathfinder Kingmaker is far better than DO:2

You can assume dragon form and have an summoned army > https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/9noamx/summoning_on_this_game_is_epicaka_not_limited_to/
Not my cup of tea, i downloaded it for free and still couldn't stomach more than a few hours of it before uninstalling. Lots and lots of reading, and the story was boring. Wasn't enough to keep me playing. Not a fan of Baldurs Gate style games.
HokGnav, i an a huge fan of Baldur's Gate like games. But din't liked DO:S mainly because the combat animations are insanely slow, there are mechanics like cooldowns, and the game don't allow the same freedom of older games like BG. Anyway, try Icewind dale 1/2. Is the same rules, same freedom of BG but much more focus on combat. I soloed the game as a SORC.

Pathfinder Kingmaker is an masterpiece but some people complain and is reviewing badly because "i can't fight an insect swarm with a sword" and "don't wanna read the rules but wanna play on normal/hard"...
01/10/2019 12:20 AMPosted by Vhailor
01/09/2019 09:47 PMPosted by PainReliever

Fantastic game, as was Divinity: Original Sin. They're the first games in years to really recapture the feeling of old turn-based RPGs like Baldur's Gate.

I have no idea why OP is getting down-voted.

He’s getting downvoted for mentioning different games (for the 100000th time) on a forum dedicated to D3 discussion.

There’s a specific forum to post things about other games.

Not saying I downvoted him, but that’s likely why.

Go look for some speed clear videos of POE on youtube, seems u never got into the game yet....
01/09/2019 11:46 PMPosted by Sparhawk
I liked leveling in PoE, it's also better the 2nd time as you can have some currency to buy leveling uniques or build enablers and make it fun. But it's endgame mapping "progression" is !@#$. Tons of RNG or needing to trade to fill out the atlas for more RNG.

Like locked to running low difficulty rifts over and over but not getting anything out of it. With D3 you get paragon and grift keys, or running grifts get you gem levels. There's a proper reward for rifting even if it is grindy as %^-*. But mapping turned me off as i couldn't keep interested past like T3 out of 16.

U get mats from mapping and u can trade them for the items you want.
Annnnnd each league has a unique fun theme with special dungeons or maps or crafting.
U just need to learn the game.

Yeah the original DD was a great and very underrated game that went under everyone's radar. I played the hell out of it when it came out.
I was very excited when Original Sin came out, only to see that it's turn-based combat, which I cannot stand. Very disappointing.
01/11/2019 10:38 AMPosted by Ashock

Yeah the original DD was a great and very underrated game that went under everyone's radar. I played the hell out of it when it came out.
I was very excited when Original Sin came out, only to see that it's turn-based combat, which I cannot stand. Very disappointing.

Turn based games take me back to when my son was 4 and he kicked my butt every time we sat down in front of the TV and played Mario... But that was some sad stuff. He'd play for 15 minutes before he died and I'd make it about 22 seconds before a turtle killed me, or if I was rocking it, a bullet would rip my head off. There are a lot of games I'd buy and play if they weren't turn based.
Its a very good game with so many things to do, its endless. Its a table top RPG basically, there is also Pillars but Divinty 2 allows people to mod,make their own campaigns, has different choices on who you want to start as etc. I think Pillars and Divinity are the two best recent turn based rpgs around right now.
01/09/2019 11:10 PMPosted by Danutz23
might be, sadly I did not have patience to play until reaching higher tiers. at the beginning the game feel too clumpy.

This is the POE killer, people like to get to end game fast.
POE is a 20 hour crawl to maps if you don't know what your doing.
And that just takes you to a place that is EXPONENTIALLY more difficult.
And D3, if you just wait 3 days into a league, you can be farming sets in 10 min.
I love POE, I'm bored on D3, but it's a hard sell because I wouldn't lie to anyone... it's a THOUSAND hour commitment to play POE. Is it worth it? I say yes, but opinions vary...