Slain by Mimic

General Discussion
We've had double goblins and double caches. Now the inna wol monk has double reflect damage chance of dying. I've set up and Inna wol build to practice it. The message X was slain of course is old news ... those are the reflect projectile enemies. Many builds get that message from non monks also. Some debate what to do ... some just run from those enemies while other savvy players recognize when or when not to attack them.

Now the monk who wears the Rabid Strike weapon can die from the mimic it creates. The message will read, " X was slain by Mimic". So I thought I'd post just to give a a heads up when that will happen to the wol inna players. Oh and one more thing, the monk mimic also can kill the players you run with. So all in keeping with that reflect projectile, which most all players are aware of. And the shame of dying from that can be alleviated if one of the players in your group does the Nelson "HA HA ".
All of those word are English but I’m really struggling to decipher what it is you’re actually trying to convey.
That text reads like some lorem ipsum dolorum *lol.

Whatever hes going on about; it will remain his secret.
If you are dying to reflect in this day and age, you are doing something very wrong.
Is it funny that as a HotA Barb I have no trouble with any elite type. Sorry.
01/13/2019 08:36 AMPosted by EnkerZan
If you are dying to reflect in this day and age, you are doing something very wrong.

Try playing Shadow and then saying that again.
01/13/2019 09:13 AMPosted by Shiki
01/13/2019 08:36 AMPosted by EnkerZan

Try playing Shadow and then saying that again.

I have, and have never had problems.
What's hard about evading a reflect projectile? All classes have mobility skills and those projectiles aren't even accurate 80% of the time.
Try killing (or just hitting) spinning Dune Dervishes with impale (without having an immunity amulet in cube).
Translation:

WoL is hitting specific mobs that have reflecting abilities and the projectiles from the fire rune are being reflected and one-shotting people. Due to how the Rabid Strike mechanic works the clone is able to reflect damage onto any player.

This has been an issue with Impale DH's for years and why they can't run Nemesis bracers in GRs because of the high probability of spawning mobs with reflecting abilities. But since impales originated from the DH and are reflected back at the origin target they were unable to kill other players (to my knowledge).

You cannot dodge the reflected damage because it is twice as fast as your own projectile.

You can see it happen on the Act 2 keywarden with the slow time bubble around it when it starts reflecting.
01/13/2019 02:37 PMPosted by Jazz
Try killing (or just hitting) spinning Dune Dervishes with impale (without having an immunity amulet in cube).

Try not attacking it while it is spinning.
01/13/2019 05:52 PMPosted by EnkerZan
01/13/2019 02:37 PMPosted by Jazz

Try not attacking it while it is spinning.

I agree, that fixes the issue but in High Grifts where time is an issue, if you're waiting for dervishes to quit spinning and attacking, then you're doing it wrong. The correct thing to do is skip them all together.
01/13/2019 05:48 AMPosted by Justice
We've had double goblins and double caches. Now the inna wol monk has double reflect damage chance of dying. I've set up and Inna wol build to practice it. The message X was slain of course is old news ... those are the reflect projectile enemies. Many builds get that message from non monks also. Some debate what to do ... some just run from those enemies while other savvy players recognize when or when not to attack them.

Now the monk who wears the Rabid Strike weapon can die from the mimic it creates. The message will read, " X was slain by Mimic". So I thought I'd post just to give a a heads up when that will happen to the wol inna players. Oh and one more thing, the monk mimic also can kill the players you run with. So all in keeping with that reflect projectile, which most all players are aware of. And the shame of dying from that can be alleviated if one of the players in your group does the Nelson "HA HA ".

noone plays monk anymore, why do you?
01/13/2019 08:54 AMPosted by Gharok
Is it funny that as a HotA Barb I have no trouble with any elite type. Sorry.

true! your only trouble is to reach any decent place in the leaderboards :D
01/13/2019 05:48 AMPosted by Justice

Be Careful of certain builds. =)