Elemental Exposure

Wizard
I see that most Tals pushing builds use Elemental Exposure. However, my weapon does not have elemental damage on it. Does this make the buff useless / less effective?
01/13/2019 08:46 AMPosted by Torquemurder
I see that most Tals pushing builds use Elemental Exposure. However, my weapon does not have elemental damage on it. Does this make the buff useless / less effective?

Not really. The Tal set needs you to use a DMG inducing skill of all four elements to get the full set bonus, so elemental is still effective. But in some Tal builds, there are still better passives to use.

The weapon´s elemental damage its overwrite with the skill rune.

Soo, for Elemental Exposure you need 4 skills with different element eash one. In tal build, you need to USE the skill. Trigger skills DONT activate the skill from Tal Rasha set (etched sigil for example, trigger skills dont activate the skill), but activate the Elemental Exposure.
01/13/2019 10:00 AMPosted by storytime42

Not really. The Tal set needs you to use a DMG inducing skill of all four elements to get the full set bonus, so elemental is still effective. But in some Tal builds, there are still better passives to use.

#1 seasonal wizard is using elemental exposure instead of cheat death. With the way the Tal rotation works, you usually get your 4 Tal stacks, with each element, then simply keep using ray of frost and meteor every 4 seconds to keep up 2 full stacks of elemental exposure.

So since it stacks to 20% extra dmg for each element you can keep rolling for elemental exposure, you can reliably keep at the very least 40% dmg buff up 100% of the time, unless you're between packs of mobs.
Hey Guys. I'm new on Wizard and i have a important question about of this build mechanics.

When i was watching a youtube guide, i could not understand if the guy cast meteor or just cast Rof and AT and automatically cast meteor (because the passive of second hand item)

Tks
TAL RASHA STACKS ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS ELEMENTAL EXPOSURE STACKS

Tal Rasha stacks = Over all Damage Buff (applied to everything)
Elemental Exposure = Only effects enemies hit (not applied to everything)

Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lighting will cause them to take 5% more damage from your attacks for 5 seconds. Each different damage type applies a stack, stacking up to 4 times.

Elemental damage from your weapon contributes to Elemental Exposure

Examples:

1.) 30 mobs around you, using Ray of Frost - Cold Blood(rune)
- Cold Blood rune is a very small beam of ice that will only hit a couple enemies at a time
- This means only about 1-5 out of the 30 enemies around you actually are taking 5% extra damage via Elemental Exposure

2.) 30 mobs around you, using Ray of Frost - Sleet Storm(rune)
- Sleet Storm has a large radius (22 yards) that will hit multiple enemies at a time
- This means about 25 - 30 out of the 30 enemies around you are talking 5% extra damage via Elemental Exposure

3.) 30 mobs around you, using Ray of Frost - Sleet Storm(rune) & your weapon has fire damage
- Sleet Storm will apply a 5% cold stack to all mobs within 22yd radius
- It will also apply a 5% fire stack to all mobs within 22yd radius (because of the weapon damage)

Take a look at this picture - http://i.imgur.com/x2q5Zgn.png
- While using the elemental exposure passive this little ball looking thing will show above the heads of enemies affected by the passive (this indicates they will take extra damage)
- If there is no ball above an enemies head that means it will not take extra damage

Hopefully this clears some things up
01/24/2019 04:18 AMPosted by Massaker
TAL RASHA STACKS ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS ELEMENTAL EXPOSURE STACKS

I didn't say they were. Matter of fact I said the opposite:

With the way the Tal rotation works, you usually get your 4 Tal stacks, with each element, then simply keep using ray of frost and meteor every 4 seconds to keep up 2 full stacks of elemental exposure.

01/24/2019 04:18 AMPosted by Massaker
1.) 30 mobs around you, using Ray of Frost - Cold Blood(rune)
- Cold Blood rune is a very small beam of ice that will only hit a couple enemies at a time
- This means only about 1-5 out of the 30 enemies around you actually are taking 5% extra damage via Elemental Exposure

You shouldn't be channeling ray of frost on the same target (with Cold Blood), but spinning for exposure stacks on multiple targets. Weapon damage can add 2 different stacks if the weapon dmg is different than the element you're using.

Weapon dmg type is difficult to get what you want, because 99% of people do not have the luxury of rolling weapon damage type just FOR elemental exposure.