N6/m4 dh calls for enforcer gem...why?

Demon Hunter
Wondering the purpose of this does it really buff wolf that much?

Other pets don’t seem to do any damage

Doesn’t buff follower either right?

Is there a better option?

Haven’t played in years so def not trolling...any help appreciated
Sentries
Sentries are pets?
01/22/2019 03:40 PMPosted by Stacker
Sentries are pets?

They kinda are but the damage from Enforcer is added to the 'elemental damage' way,theres an old topic discussing this.
yup sentries are pet. INcrease every sentries attack as much as you can.
01/22/2019 03:47 PMPosted by MrGatto
01/22/2019 03:40 PMPosted by Stacker
Sentries are pets?

They kinda are but the damage from Enforcer is added to the 'elemental damage' way,theres an old topic discussing this.

No, Enforcer is a multiplier on its own. You probably confuse it with WD's Mask of Jeram or refer to the old mechanic (it was changed long time ago).
Also I played n6m4 this season before I had my enforcer to level 25, and my companions kept dying all the time, which would make me not able to cast wolf or also get less benefit from Zoey's Secret belt.

level 25 on enforcer = your pets take 90% less damage. But yeah to answer the question. Sentries count as pets!
Some prior patch they changed sentries to count as pets so they get the Enforcer buff as well as the M4 buff.

Bat/boar/etc are just there as meatshields and for the Zoey's DR - their damage is neglible.

It's too bad they don't consider the sentries as "companions" like them though as that would be pretty epic to get another 5 added for that Zoey buff.
01/23/2019 10:59 AMPosted by PMG
Some prior patch they changed sentries to count as pets so they get the Enforcer buff as well as the M4 buff.

Pretty sure sentries were pets at the start of RoS when we used taskers with the m6 build to farm gr trials for key levels.
01/23/2019 11:33 AMPosted by Alteration
gr trials

Blech...thank the devs we don't have to do that crap anymore.

But that does count as "some prior patch!"
01/23/2019 11:46 AMPosted by PMG
01/23/2019 11:33 AMPosted by Alteration
gr trials

Blech...thank the devs we don't have to do that crap anymore.

But that does count as "some prior patch!"

Right? Bounties are bad enough for mats let alone fractions of a key to open a fake rift to get your GR key....what a bad system.
You aren't wrong, I'd say expansion but to each their own haha
I've had 1 good reforge (to a Primal Yang's that I actually rerolled when on my old Grenades DH) so I kinda stopped trying. I do the CRs and occasionally a few bounty runs but sooooo tedious and the rewards just aren't satisfying when I can do a couple speed GR and jump a level. Even regular Rifts I just run for mats for rare upgrades which again don't net much good stuff or actual "upgrades" for current gear.