Terrible community

General Discussion
I was just doing Torment X rifts with a random group (2 of the people were in the same clan) and a puzzle ring dropped for me. I asked them if they wanted to do the Vault together, and everyone said sure. I figured I'd be nice and open it for them so we can all get some free Torment X gold. Well.... as soon as I opened it, the whole f**ing group voted to kick me, and stole my Vault. I messaged the kid saying "wtf" and he said "lol get rekt nerd". What is wrong with this community?
It wouldn't be hard to implement a way to prevent this. If you open a vault (either by killing a gob or cubing a ring) you should be protected from being kicked.

But then, some other A hole would then use that to grief other people and kick them from the game after starting the thing or some such crap.

People are generally A holes. You can find nice ones once in a while though.

The game is too boring, so they resort to picking on other players in one form or another. Sad.
Every once in a while you'll come across idiots like these. Unfortunately it's something you have to cope with when using the matchmaking thing. Shake it off and move onto the next thing, I suppose. I've seldom come across them, though. For the most part people are nice, at least in my experience.
Never happened to me so far. I burnt all my puzzle rings in non-seasonal T13 public games and I was happy to do so. Also opening a vault in TX sounds like a waste to me.
May be you acted too hastily, you should've wait until they've done with running Neph Rifts first. If party still wanna run Neph Rifts and someone dives into a Vault without a heads up, I'd kickvote him too.
01/20/2019 02:23 PMPosted by WraithChaser
I was just doing Torment X rifts with a random group (2 of the people were in the same clan) and a puzzle ring dropped for me. I asked them if they wanted to do the Vault together, and everyone said sure. I figured I'd be nice and open it for them so we can all get some free Torment X gold. Well.... as soon as I opened it, the whole f**ing group voted to kick me, and stole my Vault. I messaged the kid saying "wtf" and he said "lol get rekt nerd". What is wrong with this community?

It isn't the community in general, it's just 'some' people. Try joining a clan.....one that has goals similar to yours. You will be a lot happier in groups that way.
Most people in the game aren't jerks.

Today I saw someone asking in General Chat for three people to join him for a T13 vault run, using his own Puzzle Ring. Sent him a whisper, got an invite and we all got lots of shiny loot and gold. Said thanks, and we went out separate ways. About 10 minutes later, whilst I was farming, I got a Puzzle Ring so I whispered him so I could repay the favour.

We both benefitted from good karma and being generous to others. The sort of jerks you came across are why I'm always suspicious if I join a public group and there are multiple players from the same clan in it, as they'll always vote the same way as each other.
Three jerks does not a terrible community make.
I normally meet a lot of really nice people. Most of the time we talk more than we play. One gentleman mails me sweet treats and reads me bedtime stories and when he opens a vault it's always on t13
01/20/2019 02:27 PMPosted by DTMAce
It wouldn't be hard to implement a way to prevent this. If you open a vault (either by killing a gob or cubing a ring) you should be protected from being kicked.

But then, some other A hole would then use that to grief other people and kick them from the game after starting the thing or some such crap.

People are generally A holes. You can find nice ones once in a while though.

The game is too boring, so they resort to picking on other players in one form or another. Sad.

The fix here would be that if they kicked you, the vault would immediately close. Period. This way nobody could abuse the system at all and trying to would simply waste the valuable material (puzzle ring) used to get into the vault. As for the rainbow goblin portal situation, it would have to simply prevent kicking as you hinted at, though obviously jerks will be jerks and grief people even with that.

This is one of the biggest reasons I prefer to play solo. I'm not on anyone else's clock and I don't have to deal with douchebaggery. I simply play until I'm bored or tired and that's that.

01/20/2019 03:18 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Today I saw someone asking in General Chat for three people to join him for a T13 vault run, using his own Puzzle Ring. Sent him a whisper, got an invite and we all got lots of shiny loot and gold. Said thanks, and we went out separate ways. About 10 minutes later, whilst I was farming, I got a Puzzle Ring so I whispered him so I could repay the favour.

We both benefitted from good karma and being generous to others. The sort of jerks you came across are why I'm always suspicious if I join a public group and there are multiple players from the same clan in it, as they'll always vote the same way as each other.

Beneficial reciprocity is unfortunately the exception to the rule rather than the norm. That doesn't mean everyone's a jerk, just that mutual karma rarely happens these days. Nice to see it when it does though.
The fix here would be that if they kicked you, the vault would immediately close. Period. This way nobody could abuse the system at all and trying to would simply waste the valuable material (puzzle ring) used to get into the vault.

Welcome to the new form of griefing, 2019. If that were an option,. you betcha there would be some A hole that would do it, just to burn the ring from the generous player.

Some people just like making other people angry. Its stupid, but it happens more often than it should.
your experience is unfortunate but you can't judge the entire community off a single experience. that being said, as someone who just came back to D3 after years of inactivity I have noticed there seems to be quite a lot of a-holes in D3. For example, a few days ago in game in the general chat I asked, "When the season starts are there still players that play non-season?" and I was quickly met with, "That's a stupid question". I have met many cool people in D3 but there does seem to be a high number of jerks.

P.S. if you want I have a couple puzzle rings that I would be glad to run you through T13 vaults if you want. Just msg me.
01/20/2019 02:23 PMPosted by WraithChaser
Well.... as soon as I opened it, the whole f**ing group voted to kick me, and stole my Vault. I messaged the kid saying "wtf" and he said "lol get rekt nerd". What is wrong with this community

This is the reason I don't join public games anymore and just join with friends
01/20/2019 02:27 PMPosted by DTMAce

That's why I always disagree "Hostile back to Diablo serious" :-)
that sucks,

there are a lot of jerks in the community but it does not speak for the community as a whole. the ones I really hate are the ones that open a nephalem rift in a GR game and then leave.
There are pretty bad pubbers hence I prefer to run with friends or clan mates. Best thing is to just move on and know there will be plenty of more rings where that came from.

But as already mentioned, it's a mix bag of good and jerks our there. You run enough and you'll meet some cool folks as well.
Sorry, that happened to you. Sounds some like stupid kid. At least I hope it was some stupid kid.

There are more good people out there than there are stupid people though.
If you’re on EU I’ve got a few rings I’d crush to run through with you. I haven’t levelled on US yet, but when I do I’ll surely have some there I’d gladly burn with you as well.
So how did the rest of that conversation carry out?
One of the reasons I play alone or only with friends in private games.
01/21/2019 01:08 AMPosted by SevenShadow
So how did the rest of that conversation carry out?

I believe he went on to accuse them of having a mother that was a hamster and a father that smelled of elderberries....