Make explosions of molten elites damage mobs

General Discussion
Could we have it such the the on death explosion of molten elites would damage other mobs too, similar to the grotesque monstrosities in Act 1
If you do that are you prepared to accept the damage from your party members when you are within their area of effect and get 1 shotted by your party members,
after all what's good for the goose is good for the gander
i play solo so i dont mind
Why stop there? May as well make every elite modifier damage every other mob too.

See, that's where the idea falls apart.
01/23/2019 03:53 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
Why stop there? May as well make every elite modifier damage every other mob too.

Lol. What a stupid argument....the idea falls apart when you try to break it...so you answered your own question about stopping at a certain point...

Why stop there? Make your own pet hit each other! And hit also they hit you! And you hit them aswel!!!
for me, the damage from evil does not hurt other evil
-'The Exorcist': 'there's only one'...
I agree with this suggestion.

These explosions / AoEs after the death of a mob need to have an upside since for now they're just a "sit and wait for it to be over so that you can go and collect your globes".

Compared to our own damage they would be an abysmal amount, still better than nothing.
01/23/2019 04:01 AMPosted by Shurgosa

Lol. What a stupid argument....the idea falls apart when you try to break it...so you answered your own question about stopping at a certain point...

Whoosh!
They could just remove this terribly designed mechanic. It does nothing but delay the gratification of looting. I would really love to hear from whoever designed and implemented this as it's just terrible, terrible design philosophy.
01/22/2019 11:55 PMPosted by Crazyyoco
i play solo so i dont mind

so you don't use followers either
I would also like these elite explosion sequences to deal damage leading up to the actual explosion, much like those ice balls from Frozen affix. Also, the purple progress globes need to spawn exactly in the middle of the explosions please! We need to feel the thrill and risk of collecting purple progress globes.
01/23/2019 07:03 PMPosted by Steve

they cant die anyway so im fine
01/27/2019 12:56 AMPosted by Crazyyoco
01/23/2019 07:03 PMPosted by Steve

they cant die anyway so im fine

Whats them not dying got to do with taking damage from their attacks and they should fix unity so that you receive half the damage they take from an attack. Just because they can't die shouldn't negate you taking half the damage from an attack
01/27/2019 03:16 AMPosted by Steve
Whats them not dying got to do with taking damage from their attacks and they should fix unity so that you receive half the damage they take from an attack. Just because they can't die shouldn't negate you taking half the damage from an attack

lol true, why followers taking damage does not affect you, the other user.
Damage is shared? lol, change that garbage already
I think the Unity + Your follower cannot die trait is because the latter simply reduces all damage taken to 0. 0 / 2 = 0, afterall. Since they can't die, the damage they take is meaningless, in a vacuum, thus they save processes by not calculating how much damage they would take. It also eliminates the check for if they're low life so they don't yell at you constantly that "This is going poorly!"

It's a programming optimization, and oversight.