Activision is evil, split from them please.

Games & Technology
I started playing your games when I was two, on my dads lap helping him in Diablo by using his potions for him when his health and mana got low, a year later I was playing your games solo and have loved them ever since (that being 1993.) You are an amazing company with beautiful and wonderful worlds. Activation is rotting Blizzard from its roots up, it is destroying its reputation and community relations, it is ruining Blizzards over all game quality, and making Blizzard insert micro-transactions... that is not the company i grew up playing. until practices like this end and blizzard becomes recognizable in some fashion again i will not be spending another cent on your properties.

I beg you Blizzard, Split with Activation the same way Bungie has. If you don't, we will all slowly drift away from you as you become more and more unrecognizable, and you will die a slow and sad death undeserving for the artistic talent Blizzard was. So please don't choose the slow death, please split with Activision and go back to your old model of making games!

Doing so will gain back my full loyalty, and that of many others, as well as earn you new loyalty from many wronged by other companies without your high moral standards. We are all waiting for a Company to become the champion of the people in the industry, i always thought blizzard was that, i was wrong, but that can change, live the values you put forth in OverWatch! Answer the call! Please! We are all hoping you make the right move, that you remember why you do this and who for, and that you will answer that call, as you always have, always.
Unfortunately, the case with Bungie was entirely different as they were in a contractual agreement with Activision Blizzard for Destiny where Blizzard is a direct subsidiary. Also, the old guard at Blizzard is long gone and most of the positions of power and decision making are now held by Activision-esque figureheads.

The forced shift to mobile is the biggest tell of Blizzard's future. Its one thing to conceptualize a great game that works for or can be exclusively mobile, but that is different from targeting mobile regardless of having any great ideas or innovations. which is what Blizzard seems to be doing.
As much as we would all love for this to happen, it can't. I'll touch on just a few of the high points:
Blizzard has no REAL senior leadership. The people that made it what it was are all gone.
Blizzard and Activision aren't different companies. Bungie and Activision had a developer-publisher relationship but that was it. Activision Blizzard are the same company. This leads to...
What we know and consider blizzard to be at this point are just a series of IPs (Warcraft, Starcraft, etc). These IPs are under the ownership of Activision-Blizzard, and any split or exodus would be meaningless unless they had the capital to purchase said IPs from Activision.

At this point, we really only have the option to quit or soldier on. The most important thing we can do is to vote with our wallets. Stop buying store mounts, stop paying for bad DLC, and above all else STOP PREORDERING ANYTHING EVER.

The AAA industry is absolutely filled with scumbags willing to sell anything to anyone for money but if you want to point fingers at those that are responsible for how bad things have gotten you need only look into a mirror.
01/16/2019 08:28 AMPosted by Church
I started playing your games when I was two,

That's ridiculous.
A 2 year old shouldn't be playing Diablo, or any video game
for that matter.
01/16/2019 09:00 AMPosted by LocknLoad
01/16/2019 08:28 AMPosted by Church
I started playing your games when I was two,

That's ridiculous.
for that matter.

Boy, please. When I was 2, I was watching movies like The Thing and Aliens.
01/16/2019 09:23 AMPosted by EnkerZan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That's ridiculous.
for that matter.

Boy, please. When I was 2, I was watching movies like The Thing and Aliens.

Bruh, please. When I was 2, I was a chef in a 5 stars restaurant.

No one on Earth remembers what they did when they were 2yo............ A 2yo doesn't play violent role-playing games... a 2yo fills its pampers with as much poop as possible and they put questionable objects in their mouths as if they were lollipops.
01/16/2019 09:31 AMPosted by Imperius
No one on Earth remembers what they did when they were 2yo.

Some do, but it is rare. My theory is it is linked to language development. Your ability to retrieve memories is related to having a recognizable storage and retrieval mechanism - which for most of us is related to language concepts. Those that develop language skills early tend to be the ones who can retrieve early memories.

01/16/2019 08:58 AMPosted by DoNoHarm
Blizzard and Activision aren't different companies. Bungie and Activision had a developer-publisher relationship but that was it. Activision Blizzard are the same company. This leads to...
What we know and consider blizzard to be at this point are just a series of IPs (Warcraft, Starcraft, etc). These IPs are under the ownership of Activision-Blizzard, and any split or exodus would be meaningless unless they had the capital to purchase said IPs from Activision.

This is mostly right, although Blizz and Activision, as well as King Digital and MLG, ARE separate companies. They are all owned by Activision-Blizzard (ATVI) the holding company and getting free means finding a LOT of money to buy themselves out.

Not likely to happen.
01/16/2019 09:54 AMPosted by MissCheetah
They are all owned by Activision-Blizzard (ATVI) the holding company and getting free means finding a LOT of money to buy themselves out.

And just like any owner... they aren't under any obligation to accept any offer made by Blizzard.
Activision is unlikely to accept anything that isn't way more than Blizzard is worth. They need Blizzard, it's arguably their most important subsidiary.
01/16/2019 09:31 AMPosted by Imperius
No one on Earth remembers what they did when they were 2yo.

Some do, but it is rare. My theory is it is linked to language development. Your ability to retrieve memories is related to having a recognizable storage and retrieval mechanism - which for most of us is related to language concepts. Those that develop language skills early tend to be the ones who can retrieve early memories.

I remember what I was doing when the Challenger exploded. And...while I was a tiny bit older than 2, it was only a tiny bit (*cough* 3 *cough*). So yeah...some people remember those days, but only barely, and only vaguely. :)
Yeah 3-4 is about my earliest memory... I think 2 is a bit of a lie.
01/16/2019 01:19 PMPosted by Minkles
Yeah 3-4 is about my earliest memory... I think 2 is a bit of a lie.

I can go back before 2 just before my sister was born. I think my first memory is trying to sit in mum's lap but I no longer fit and she was trying to explain why. I was 2 years 2 weeks at the time of her birth. I also remember the day she was born and going to the Military Exchange to pick out a toy for me and a gift for her from her big sister. I still have the stuffed rabbit I got for myself that I picked out of one of those bins in the middle of the floor. The stuffed chick I got her came from a spinning upright rack. I also got a lamb from the rack. I remember things that are very very mundane, that are not in photographs or stories the parents tell. Super boring things like the day the ants marched in from the front door behind the couch along the wall. I was fascinated. I relay this stuff to them and the can back it as true, but it makes them wonder why I even cared! I also am hyperlexic and did not know memories like that were unusual until my therapist told me so. I
Not going to change anything.

The old guards are gone.
OMW this post took a wrong turn quickly! Who gives a !@#$ if he was 2 or 20! You're all missing the very true point he was trying to make. For over 10 years now I continue to belch out that ActiNoVision is the absolute scumbags of the gaming universe. If you have ever touched any of their previous products you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Take the COD series for instance. They've build in Lag compensation in their games to make %^-*ty players get kills in order for them to not have a bad time so they can tell their friends to buy it too. ( clever but scummy). Their patented in-game micro transactions which allows them to advertise the item you got killed with IN GAME!! so you can buy it on the spot IN GAME , so you too can kill with so and so weapon etc. Another deec move was releasing games with horrible looking items but not to worry, you can buy a better looking one for 2 dollar each. Want to represent your country with a flag? 5 dollar! Getting your own staff to spam-write positive reviews on meta critic because your latest release is currently on a 1 out of 10 vote. Then get caught doing it and deny it. Losing your entire development team in a mass walkout because they were tired of their !@#$ right before a AAA launch? Not to worry, we'll take last year's game, use the font of the game 2 years back and call it game 3, no one will ever know! , And they got away with it!! Advertising on pre release that their game has over 300 items, selling millions because of it, only to find its around 30 or so items but more than 10 versions or alterations on each! Scumbag enough? Oh no!!! you want a sight for their latest shooter game? Here have one, but if you want to see where you are shooting, it's going to cost you One Dollar! Yes, you now need to pay a dollar for a red dot!
To think they now OWN the very thing I never wanted them to have, aggravates me beyond words!
It's no secret they have had %^-*! envy over World of Warcraft's monthly income and player base for as long as I can remember, and now after all these years these scum-sucking money @#$%^s now have their greedy disgusting paws all over our favorite games?
Goodbye Blizzard it was nice knowing ya.
Wonder if Activision is going to put a shaming marker on my Diablo 3 profile if i decide not to buy Diablo Immortal season pass?
It is not going to happen. Bungie did not near as many ties to Activision as Blizzard does at the moment. You have to remember Blizzard has not been independent for a long time.