Games with names.

General Discussion
Look this new way of going in to a gr is not working.
We need to be able to make games with names, And have p level restrictions.
You go in to a game right now. not {knowing} what lvl you well be doing. Not {knowing} who you are playing with. And not {knowing} how long you will be there be for you get to play. And if someone goes out of the game with out leveling there gems. Then you set there all that time for nothing!! In just one day all this happen to me already.
pls fix this are just put it back the way it was ty.
Just use clans or communities. Problem solved.
01/16/2019 07:59 PMPosted by Evil
We need to be able to make games with names

https://www.median-xl.com/changelog
01/16/2019 07:59 PMPosted by Evil
We need to be able to make games with names, And have p level restrictions.

Just like D2. What's so hard about doing this?
I don't think understand know what { } is used for.
Torment levels being tied to GR clears per character is pretty much the best way you can guarantee someone capable is joining the game you make outside of clans/communities. Unfortunately, since we're still stuck at T13 and have people stubbornly arguing against the addition of more, you wind up with that top end wildcard range of getting someone fresh into T13 being matched up with someone who could do T18 or whatever. Locking to paragon alone has never really been a good metric, otherwise.
01/17/2019 12:34 PMPosted by Saidosha
Torment levels being tied to GR clears per character is pretty much the best way you can guarantee someone capable is joining the game you make outside of clans/communities. Unfortunately, since we're still stuck at T13 and have people stubbornly arguing against the addition of more, you wind up with that top end wildcard range of getting someone fresh into T13 being matched up with someone who could do T18 or whatever. Locking to paragon alone has never really been a good metric, otherwise.

I agree that looking at Paragon doesn't work. What you suggest about Torment levels could work most of the time, and one could even just go with the highest solo GR clear to achieve pretty much the same effect without introducing new Torments - let's say that you can only join GR100+ runs if you've previously soloed GR100, GR90-100 runs if you've previously soloed GR90. Something like that. Obviously, there would have to be tiers of GRs that one would have to select before joining the game in order to end up matched with people aiming for the same difficulty.

The problem with all this is, what do you do with zMonks, zBarbs and all the other builds that are useless in solo games? Sure, you can put Sunwoko's WoL on your zMonk to clear GR 90-ish without much trouble or preparation (probably higher than that after 2.6.4., come to think of it), but if your zMonk is capable of GR120+ group runs, how do you make that work?

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't agree more, it sucks that people are just randomly thrown together for GRs. I'm just not sure what the best way to address the issue would be.
Yeah. It would be great for people to be able specify the kind of game they want to run.
01/17/2019 03:16 PMPosted by Pja
01/17/2019 12:34 PMPosted by Saidosha

I agree that looking at Paragon doesn't work. What you suggest about Torment levels could work most of the time, and one could even just go with the highest solo GR clear to achieve pretty much the same effect without introducing new Torments - let's say that you can only join GR100+ runs if you've previously soloed GR100, GR90-100 runs if you've previously soloed GR90. Something like that. Obviously, there would have to be tiers of GRs that one would have to select before joining the game in order to end up matched with people aiming for the same difficulty.

The problem with all this is, what do you do with zMonks, zBarbs and all the other builds that are useless in solo games? Sure, you can put Sunwoko's WoL on your zMonk to clear GR 90-ish without much trouble or preparation (probably higher than that after 2.6.4., come to think of it), but if your zMonk is capable of GR120+ group runs, how do you make that work?

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't agree more, it sucks that people are just randomly thrown together for GRs. I'm just not sure what the best way to address the issue would be.
ya they would need to make the setting on kicking player really work 100% of the time
01/17/2019 03:16 PMPosted by Pja

My unpopular opinion on this in the past is that these builds actually should not have been allowed to thrive, as the meta has become both too reliant on them while their own existence runs contrary to the ability to individually kill monsters that so many other systems mandate. But it's also more of a symptom of the broader problem of infinite scaling and how just throwing together any random not-zdps, but still decent builds together can't achieve the same heights.

Otherwise, locking GR access more directly to GR clear will still need a toggle in game creation, as there's still no way to directly identify what you want beyond T13. Much as people like to complain about there being too many difficulties spreading players thin, effectively multiplying that by over 10x would be a logistical nightmare. So, we're kind of back at the broader brush of direct Torment correlation or utilizing clans/communities for your needs. The latter takes more effort and doesn't guarantee getting the ball rolling, yes, but if we're also talking game flaws, it's also an indicator of the too great multiplayer advantage.