Bane of Stricken with DOT

General Discussion
Does DOT skills such as Haunt, Locust Swarm, Earthquake etc add Stricken stacks?

If so, how much does it stack?
1. Does it add stack per second? or per tick? or based on character's attack speed?
2. If a monster is inside 4 Earthquakes (from leapquaker), does each earthquake add stricken stacks independently?

I assume Stricken does not work with Pain Enhancer's Bleed effect.

thanks
No stacks of the same skill. One per enemy per skill as I understand it unless stated otherwise.

It it usually written inside the tool-tip such as on the wizard's Blizzard skill.
so does it stack if you keep reapplying haunt on the boss?
01/18/2019 08:24 AMPosted by Ham
so does it stack if you keep reapplying haunt on the boss?

Direct from the skill in game:

Haunt an enemy with a spirit, dealing 4000% weapon damage as Cold over 12 seconds. If the enemy dies, the spirit will haunt another nearby enemy.

An enemy can only be affected by one Haunt at a time.
Yes, but recasting haunt on an enemy already haunted will reset the duration to max. What im asking is (which I assume it does) does this add striken stacks.

edit: I think you are confused on the OP's original question. He is not wondering if the skills stack. He is asking if the leg gem Bane of the stricken which adds damage stacks everytime you hit an enemy. if DOT ticks add THOSE stacks and I followed up with does recasting haunt add GEM stacks. So not the skill
This is all I could find for you on Bane of the Stricken:

It increases damage taken by enemies hit with each successful attack of the character (total damage of all damaging skills), stacking infinitely, with a small internal cooldown tied to attack speed. Upgrading increases the damage bonus.

So yes, every hit or skill you make on the enemy increases the stack on BotS.
From above posts, I gather:
One Haunt (or Locust Swarm) attack = one Stricken Stack.
Attacking with Haunt 10 times to the same target = 10 stricken stacks, but will only apply a single Haunt DOT.

As for Earthquake: I assume Leaping 3 times on a single target only counts for 3 Stricken Stacks. And the resulting earthquakes from the leaps does not proc stricken (proc does not proc procs). Or does it?

Sidetrack a bit: Does leapquaking 3 times on the same location applies three earthquakes on the same location? Kinda lame if it does not stack earthquakes.
01/18/2019 09:18 AMPosted by Astig
As for Earthquake: I assume Leaping 3 times on a single target only counts for 3 Stricken Stacks. And the resulting earthquakes from the leaps does not proc stricken (proc does not proc procs). Or does it?Sidetrack a bit: Does leapquaking 3 times on the same location applies three earthquakes on the same location? Kinda lame if it does not stack earthquakes.

First off, yes, leaping 3 times in the same place stacks 3 quakes there.

Stricken is complicated, including with leapquake. I wrote a whole thing about it here, including an experiment stacking stricken with whirlwind.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759299966?page=19#post-363

TLDR: using standard leapquake, stricken gets a stack every 34 frames (.57 seconds). Earthquakes on the ground should continue to stack stricken, slowly, even if you're not leaping on top of the enemy. The quakes caused by leap and shouts will proc effects-- this got fixed a while back.
Another question regarding Bane of Stricken...

If I stop dealing damage for some time, will it reset back to 0, like killing spree bonus?

The gem description tells nothing about it, but I was wondering just to be sure if the stacks stay if I don't hit the mob for a while.
No, it generally doesn't reset, though I have run into a few weird situations during testing like stricken stacks resetting if you get a "checkpoint" message. But in general, those stricken stacks will stay in place indefinitely.
@Rage,

good link, good content, good read.