Allowing Players to Join Open Greater Rifts Fail

General Discussion
Who else is sick and tired of this? If you want this hotfixed please bump and/or like.

Edit: Let me clarify. This isn't about difficulty. Yes, I read all the patch notes. I'm talking about joining games with GR's in progress. You really going to sit there until they finish? That could take 15 min who knows. And, what if they fail? Then you're screwed because you have to look for another game. And guess what happens? You join another game with an active GR. Now, what?
Ya it makes your Grift harder cause that player just stands outside an already open Grift and cant help. How stupid is that? Who came up with that idea?

Freakin dumb!!!
Its fixed in the patch notes. Did u even read them? They load on your phone too
01/18/2019 12:27 PMPosted by CAM
Ya it makes your Grift harder cause that player just stands outside an already open Grift and cant help. How stupid is that? Who came up with that idea?

Freakin dumb!!!

Greater rifts are scaled by the amount of players that entered a keystone. Only way it would make it harder is if 2 players were in game first, only 1 put in a stone, The follower does not go in to that SOLO gr. But that's the only time it may make it harder.
I'm not talking about the difficulty. I know it's not affected. How many of you guys join games that have a greater rift in progress. You can either sit there and hope to god they clear it fast. I've actually waited for my group to complete the GR a few times and they failed meaning that the party members leave and GR is still open. Wasted plenty of time doing that.

Your other option is to leave the party and try to find a new game. Sometimes you join the same group with a GR in progress. Sometimes you join a different group with a GR in Progress.

If y'all don't think this is a big issue just wait lol. All them seasonal speed farmers who want to get to GR120+ in the first week are going to hate it including you.
01/18/2019 12:33 PMPosted by Jrpbulbrook
Its fixed in the patch notes. Did u even read them? They load on your phone too

You clearly don't understand the subject. You could never join a game that had a greater rift open.. literally never until 2.6.4.
I think it's an intended change or there are no syncronized joins that game can lobby players for. This either indicates an intended change or game lacks the traffic to do so and apply it as a change of plans. People just don't communicate and leave the game when the tier they wanted not opened; so instead of messing the game and leaving group to their demise, system sends another player.
If you like the GR in progress, you stay until it's done to start another. When you join as party is speedrunning through, you only wait 5 mins tops when system sent you to a GR in progress. That's plenty of time to ask them to open this or that tier GR next. If they don't answer, turned your offer down, their GR tier is miles away from your best or you simply not like the current group in general, just leave again.
01/18/2019 05:52 PMPosted by naksiloth
I think it's an intended change or there are no syncronized joins that game can lobby players for. This either indicates an intended change or game lacks the traffic to do so and apply it as a change of plans. People just don't communicate and leave the game when the tier they wanted not opened; so instead of messing the game and leaving group to their demise, system sends another player.
If you like the GR in progress, you stay until it's done to start another. When you join as party is speedrunning through, you only wait 5 mins tops when system sent you to a GR in progress. That's plenty of time to ask them to open this or that tier GR next. If they don't answer, turned your offer down, their GR tier is miles away from your best or you simply not like the current group in general, just leave again.

That would all make sense if you knew the progress of the GR or how the group is doing. Fact of the matter is, you don't know anything unless you're inside the GR. They could be barely starting the rift. They could be in the middle. They could at the end. They could be a bad comp. They could be failing. They miiiight just make it with 2 secs left. Who knows? You surely don't know any of these things outside of the GR. There are tons of conflicts with this idea. So are you really going to just wait to see what happens? I've done that a few times. Literally, afked. I came back and guess what happened? The GR was still open and my party had to split because they failed. I waited for nothing. That's just one big problem. The other problem is you have to fish for a game that doesn't have a GR open. Now, everyone is fishing and leaving open games. I'm forced to fish. It's not even a choice anymore.
01/18/2019 09:10 PMPosted by Fullbringer
So are you really going to just wait to see what happens? I've done that a few times. Literally, afked. I came back and guess what happened? The GR was still open and my party had to split because they failed.

Hilarious. They tried to bite more than they can chew, I see. If you don't wanna wait, try to communicate and if you're not getting some words back, just leave. Most likely you're trying to talk to bots either a group of people with no recognition of community or non-english speakers.

01/18/2019 09:10 PMPosted by Fullbringer
The other problem is you have to fish for a game that doesn't have a GR open. Now, everyone is fishing and leaving open games. I'm forced to fish. It's not even a choice anymore.

Nothing different than solo play then.

The thing is; GR quickplay of D3 bound to suffer as long as they refuse to do extra work on the system. If players joining half-baked Greater Rift progression is their new band-aid to solve issues of power gaps, it ain't gonna work for long unless players are willing to participate.

Implementing named servers for Brawl and Greater Rifts else, a Paragon or GR tier filter would be too much of a work for them, I guess? I can't see them ever doing that because that would hurt Quickplay and may create topple effect. If they ever decide to do so, there should be a report system for "misleading server tag" also.

I don't see them EVER doing that sorta thing. You're yelling at a wall to be honest. They always pull that sorta band-aids. If you want to be listened, try to reach the developers from reddit. More chances at that, if ledditors back you up and start a fan outcry like always.
You could always open your game to public for GR and wait for people to join.
Yeah they didnt fix !@#$ I still joined an already open game this morning, Smarten up Blizzard ya buncha Dbagz
It's dumb. You get trapped in games with open GRs that never end. Leaving and rejoining nearly always rejoins the same game.
01/19/2019 08:30 AMPosted by Eigenscape
It's dumb. You get trapped in games with open GRs that never end. Leaving and rejoining nearly always rejoins the same game.

Exactly, and this is currently cancer for season. That's why I was hoping to get this thread a bunch of likes and bumps. It'll get hotfixed if people support the cause.
The first time I read the patch notes I thought to myself that it sounded like a terrible idea. Now that it is here, I know that I was right.

I used to play a lot of public greater rifts, but they are worthless now.
Maybe it could be tuned more, no players can enter unless more than 90% of GR is done?
Definitely a BIG step backwards in GR matchmaking.
public grifts shoudl be somthing like:
- enter T13 then can select only grift 130+, BUT not allowed to enter T13 public grift if your personal best is < grift 115
- enter T12 then can select only grift 120-129, BUT not allowed to enter T12 public grift if your personal best is < grift 110
- enter T11 then can select only grift 110-119, BUT not allowed to enter T12 public grift if your personal best is < grift 105

and of course, remove that stupid feature that you can enter a grift where a grift is already opened....
Just pray for better interns in the next batch and maybe they will fix it.
so sick that "feature". plz fix it...