[Free RoRG] Make it permanent

General Discussion
It's just the start of the season but I can already say: The free RoRG is the best addition to Diablo3 in the last years. Not only it allows builds like Inna WoL and makes many other altered builds viable (cold UE for example), some builds can now even try different legendary armory items. There is a choice again. At least a tiny one. (I know, most people put CoE in when they could not in the past.)

Please, community, let's push this thread to the top that free RoRG will last forever.

#freerorgforever

[Side note: Pet WD still needs some love though, even with free RoRG]
Just a thought that perhaps it can be an earned reward like a token that we can activate to use for 24 hours or a number of days rather than a permanent feature.

Farming the RoRG during new season is one activity which I must admit a hassle, but nonetheless good challenge than not having to farm it.
or at least a 2nd ring slot in the cube would be nice too. altho that would entail a lot of balancing so I guess one can only hope.
Or just drop the 6p requirement to 5. That would give good flexibility to choose what slot not to equip. So keep the 6 pieces but require only 5.
Yeah and while we're at it let's make all the Goblins spawn two at a time, Bounty Caches given two for each Act, and Tristram event one year long.
01/20/2019 09:27 PMPosted by SevenShadow
Yeah and while we're at it let's make all the Goblins spawn two at a time, Bounty Caches given two for each Act, and Tristram event one year long.

This is not the same complaint.

The free RoRG indirectly solves the COE problem in that one ring is so good that it alnost became mandatory. Now you can work in the COE into many builds and actually wear one more item. This means all of a sudden many more items became useful again instead if instant salvage.

It doesn't seem too OP to add one more item so this buff should stay. But when does Blizz actually listen these days to player experience?

Actually you can almost achieve the same effect by giving a free COE next season. This solves one of the biggest design flaws of this game.
It's not OP and it's not expanding anything or opening up anything new really. It just allows you to equip one more legendary somewhere.

Builds are already being balanced around having the CoE option or not. The buff is not going to change any of that.

And as yourself just stated, it merely makes CoE available on builds that prior didn't have the available slot for it - hence it merely enforces the current meta and build style becuase the main problem is still that there's a huge lack of interesting alternative items.

It's only going to be fun for a little while anyway.
5 pieces set bonus is excellent ofc(tho I don't think this will happen..),but what about rorg,why u make it stat like this,as+main stat +??,it make 99% of us cube that,just change it stat like other rings(ie coe),that will do...ths.
I worry about the outrage when this buff ends and Season 17 begins.
01/21/2019 06:11 AMPosted by brute
I worry about the outrage when this buff ends and Season 17 begins.

It won't be outrage, it will just be people not playing again. This is the first time we had more than 3 people online in our clan since necro came out.
01/20/2019 09:22 PMPosted by MadCow
So keep the 6 pieces but require only 5.

:D like it was at released :D

They never should have changed it to needing all 6.
01/21/2019 02:07 AMPosted by SimpleDave

This is not the same complaint.

The free RoRG indirectly solves the COE problem in that one ring is so good that it alnost became mandatory. Now you can work in the COE into many builds and actually wear one more item. This means all of a sudden many more items became useful again instead if instant salvage.

It doesn't seem too OP to add one more item so this buff should stay. But when does Blizz actually listen these days to player experience?

Actually you can almost achieve the same effect by giving a free COE next season. This solves one of the biggest design flaws of this game.

It’s the same complaint because every Season since double goblin some people have asked for it to be made permanent.

——-

Addressing it directly - asking for it to stay is lazy. I want more things like this to be done every Season.
Or just drop the 6p requirement to 5. That would give good flexibility to choose what slot not to equip. So keep the 6 pieces but require only 5.

If anything...this is a better option - and it would probably need the least amount of work put into it from the programming side of thing. I'd also be in favor of aking Oculus Ring effect a passive that all followers have, and making bounties worth double permanently as well.

No, this would exclude builds like N6/M4 or Sage N6.

Stupid... come one bro. I don't want a theme all year, I want the positive side effect of this theme all year. That's a difference. And btw: It's clear that Blizzard has balanced all sets around free RoRG.
I love it myself! It opens up a lot more possibilities and fun playing styles. If nothing else you can implement such a change by adding a fourth option in the Kanai's Cube. People may call it a power creep but it could be a permanent and easy solution to make the game more entertaining in the long run.
People want free RRoG for the same reason they want LoN buffed. They are both to some degree a means to free build choices from set design and dependency.
I like it.

But they really should have allowed players to stack the RoRG just to see how much they could break things.

Because what I would do, rather than make the buff permanent and make the RoRG obsolete. I would just reduce all the 4pc set bonuses to 3 pieces, and the 6pc set bonuses to 5 pieces on the major class sets.

They'd figure out where all the different kind of builds compare, and which sets and combos are more broken. Then in addition to rebalancing all the set bonuses (I'd also give some love to all the generic, lousy sets, to make them a little more compelling - Aughild's 50% damage reduction, 100% bonus dmg to elites for example), I'd also consider adding in a new top-tier set bonuses at 6 or 7 pieces, which would compete against those multiset builds.

Then maybe add some new torments (Up to torment 20 would probably be good) and some new stash tabs. Heck, they could even nerf drop rates for loot and gold a bit so that 18 or 19 becomes the new 13, while torment 20 is only a slight buff over what 13 is currently. I'm sure that would be a fair compromise considering the amount of power creep this change would introduce.
01/21/2019 09:37 AMPosted by Eirhead
But they really should have allowed players to stack the RoRG just to see how much they could break things.

I really wanted this too.

Or have it remove the 'to a minimum of 2' requisite so then we could get even sillier with some ring play. EW,FR AND room for another ring? spicy.

I've been wanting more torments for awhile too- Once you hit full build T13 is a joke. It would be nice to have something comparable to GR 70-80. I wouldn't even mind if they lowered the item find % per additional torment but sometimes I want meatier enemies without fussing over GR timers.
RORG give more opportunities so I don't see why not. For M6 Cluster Bombs its a good band-aid because the build need a little more toughness.