LoN vs sets

General Discussion
I personnaly don't like the idea of lon totaly crushing many sets.
He crushed :
-akkarat (condemn)
-firebird (starpact)
-inarius (rgk)
-pestilence
-trag'oul (CL)
and many other. The only safe set are those who got a buff. Is it time to buff a bit listed sets since some spec are now 131-132+ capable ? (And i'm pretty sure that 133 is near) (131 has be down by rainment with only 110 cladessan)
Check seasonal leaderboard, condemn and pestilence really struggle compared to shadow/tal rasha/charge barb.
We can also see that shadow definitly kicked crusader from meta group (holly shotgun rgk) and rathma really deserve a buff for solo pushing since charge barb/dh impale paragon run are better.

I understand that some of you are tired of old top spec, but equality between set wasn't 2.6.4 objective ?

Feel free to tell me if i'm missing something, i want to know what player think about this situation.
I like that they buffed LoN it's an item that makes a large number of play styles viable for all characters, not necessarily making them all viable but viable to GR70.
The reality of how it's running compared to other sets isn't a bad thing as it will likely not be touched again for a long time.

Akarats wasn't buffed much at all right because condemned was OP last season so I can see the logic there, and the Necromancer was OP and used in every meta so I can see why that wasn't touched. Akarats, Vyr's and IK are just dumb imo so I don't care if they fall completely off the Meta.
I presume that the necro is going to get a rework soon because it basically has one good skill.

So yeah most of the builds you mention were not touched much because the were Op last season or Necro... I am fine with LoN beating them now.
Hopefully some of those other 2 pce sets get reworked, as with the crafted ones.
Oh boy let the power creep continue, buffed LoN set makes other sets look weak? Next patch (so called balancing patch), buff sets to match with LoN.

Soon, i will be able to golo GR150 while under paragon 1000. Cant wait!
He?

"I personnaly don't like the idea of lon totaly crushing many sets.
He crushed"

Do you mean LoN or Ion? Lol.
01/27/2019 03:02 PMPosted by Dagger
and many other.

No. Just those and for a reason; to break current meta and slow down the said specs' progress.
I don't see the big deal about LoN being powerful. It should be powerful, after all gearing a build based on it can be notoriously difficult.
01/28/2019 02:23 AMPosted by Kirottu
I don't see the big deal about LoN being powerful. It should be powerful, after all gearing a build based on it can be notoriously difficult.

Totally agreed.
Plus the variety it brings is really appreciated.

The only thing I fear is a new "balancing patch" in a very near future (after the RoRG buff)...

for you maybe, but not for the 99% of the players that are botting and have a completed Lon build since day 1 of the season...
OP doesn't like variety. This is what I'm reading.

We're finally getting some new builds and OP is like "Booo, I want more of the same old same old"
Ok, i understand. i just feel a bit bad for these set who won't be usefull anymore at high level. Guess i'll have to change all my actual spec to lon ... but anyway thanks for your answer :)

PS: even if these are old spec, i still love them. i feel weird about only 10 000%+ set being better than LoN (so only buffed set). keep in mind that akkarat, FB, inarus, pestilence etc won't ever be usefull anymore as long as they don't get higher value. I could ask a rework of LoN but that's a bad idea since it's a hell to gear up so i feel like we reach a dead end. To be clear, LoN in my opinion shouldn't surpass dedicated set for a type of spell (we reach a point where it's better to not dps for 20sec as condemn with LoN that THE DEDICATED set of course i don't want condemn to be one of the two top spec again, but i don't want to see a broken gameplay better than a solid one). if i got it wrong feel free to tell me.
01/28/2019 03:18 AMPosted by Orwell1

Totally agreed.
Plus the variety it brings is really appreciated.

The only thing I fear is a new "balancing patch" in a very near future (after the RoRG buff)...
i'm not really agree. there is no variety at all for the top sec ! you just use the exact same gameplay even if it's broken ! and at final, all spec must be perfectly geared, what's the point of this ? it's as hard to gear up a perfect set spec as gearing a perfect LON. tell me why using FB, pestilence, akkarat, inarus, rathma etc over LoN now please. LoN should be dediacted to non set possible build.
01/28/2019 01:48 AMPosted by Pestilence
He?

"I personnaly don't like the idea of lon totaly crushing many sets.
He crushed"

Do you mean LoN or Ion? Lol.

sorry i'm french i didn't pay attention to this, thanks for telling me.
I dont bother competing in the leaderboards since the top is usually botters. So I play what I find fun whether how strong they are and go as far as i can get with it
I really like the idea of LoN being an end-game gearing goal. I would be okay with it getting a slightly higher buff.
01/28/2019 04:52 AMPosted by Dagger
it's as hard to gear up a perfect set spec as gearing a perfect LON. tell me why using FB, pestilence, akkarat, inarus, rathma etc over LoN now please. LoN should be dediacted to non set possible build.

Are you sure about that ? It is actually an honest question because see, based on my experience, wizard being my main class, all i had to do to set up a TK Fire Bird build had been to spend 1500 bounty mats to get a deathwish and I was good to go. Same when I used to play Firebat with Arachyr before that : get the correct pieces of set with the correct rolls, a decent weapon & offhand and you are fine.

Now let's have a look at the rolls required on the helm of the SP wiz for exemple and compare it to a viable FB helm (or TR or whatever), it isnt the same story. Then go find the hellfire you need. It demands a lot of farming, it is less permissing if you wanna run LoN and play top specs in my opinion.

This is why i agree with this :

01/28/2019 06:15 AMPosted by SolFire
I really like the idea of LoN being an end-game gearing goal. I would be okay with it getting a slightly higher buff.

Sets being a good thing to start with as it's an easy go and LoN builds bringing variety plus potentially being used to play top specs is fine by me.
I think i'm just a huge akkarat fan, i don't know if i can expect a akkarat buff for holy shotgun and more, but thanks to you for spending your time to give me advice about the situation. I admit that i'm not an old player so i don't care at all about LoN situation cause i never saw it actualy good. Now because of you, i'll have to set up a LoN wizard trash cleaner spec, it's seems really fun :p i'm just gonna pray for a small akkarat, pestilence and FB buff (especialy rathma !). Anyway, whatever if i'm against LoN power creep or not, i'll have to follow blizzard ^^". it's cool to have a patient and respectfull community :)
Thing is, LoN is a breath of fresh air in midst of our suffocation.
01/28/2019 08:53 AMPosted by Dagger
I think i'm just a huge akkarat fan, i don't know if i can expect a akkarat buff for holy shotgun and more, but thanks to you for spending your time to give me advice about the situation. I admit that i'm not an old player so i don't care at all about LoN situation cause i never saw it actualy good. Now because of you, i'll have to set up a LoN wizard trash cleaner spec, it's seems really fun :p i'm just gonna pray for a small akkarat, pestilence and FB buff (especialy rathma !). Anyway, whatever if i'm against LoN power creep or not, i'll have to follow blizzard ^^". it's cool to have a patient and respectfull community :)

IMHO, the problem with the sader, for starters, is how high are the multipliers, for his legendaries ( 2 x 800 that are actually multiplicatives) on a 1,160% WD skill.

As soon as you buff Akkhan's to bring other builds on-part with the rest (Heaven's fury, shield throw, Phalanx, first of the heaven) Condemn will further be better, thus further buffing the highest spec, while the rest still left behind.

If you wish to see Akkhan buffed (numbers could be close to barb's IK set), nerfs will be needed to Blade of Prophecy and Frydher's Wrath and probably even some of Heaven's Fury's designated legendaries.
01/28/2019 04:35 AMPosted by Dagger
Ok, i understand. i just feel a bit bad for these set who won't be usefull anymore at high level. Guess i'll have to change all my actual spec to lon ... but anyway thanks for your answer :)

PS: even if these are old spec, i still love them. i feel weird about only 10 000%+ set being better than LoN (so only buffed set). keep in mind that akkarat, FB, inarus, pestilence etc won't ever be usefull anymore as long as they don't get higher value. I could ask a rework of LoN but that's a bad idea since it's a hell to gear up so i feel like we reach a dead end. To be clear, LoN in my opinion shouldn't surpass dedicated set for a type of spell (we reach a point where it's better to not dps for 20sec as condemn with LoN that THE DEDICATED set of course i don't want condemn to be one of the two top spec again, but i don't want to see a broken gameplay better than a solid one). if i got it wrong feel free to tell me.

They are plenty useful, so useful in fact that they were left untouched in order to balance the game to thier standard. The fact that a few builds managed to pull ahead didnt render them useless. I see hundreds of players playing the inferior impale DH rather than gearing a LoN corpse lance...play what you like...the only difference now is more of what we like is playable in high content.
01/28/2019 03:57 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
We're finally getting some new builds and OP is like "Booo, I want more of the same old same old"

You're getting the same builds, but with a different set giving you the damage multiplier.