Primal Unlock

General Discussion
With a new era started does the GR70 have to be redone to unlock primals please?
yes
It shouldn't be required (as in it isn't supposed to be). Unlocks are not tied to eras and once you've unlocked primals in non-season by clearing GR 70 within the time limit it's supposed to remain unlocked indefinitely just like adventure mode unlocks and the like.

Softcore and Hardcore unlocks are separate though, and need to be done once per mode to unlock primals permanently.

Seasonal primals must be unlocked every season though, as unlike in eras your characters start fresh from scratch or a rebirth.
99.9% of the time the primal that drops will either not be for your class or something you cannot use. I have a stash full of primals that I have no use for.
01/15/2019 11:56 AMPosted by Belvalkris
99.9% of the time the primal that drops will either not be for your class or something you cannot use. I have a stash full of primals that I have no use for.

If you have no use for them then you should salvage them because there is a limit to how many primal you can have, if I remember right its 30.
I'm not sure how its being handled but your most likely not gonna see a Primal drop if you do a 70 right now in NS if you already prior unlocked it. If this is the case, oh woes is the bug report forum.
01/15/2019 12:10 PMPosted by jimbo
If you have no use for them then you should salvage them because there is a limit to how many primal you can have, if I remember right its 30.

Wut.

Seriously, no. There is no limit. Please don't feed misinformation to players genuinely asking questions.
01/15/2019 12:28 PMPosted by TheTias

Wut.

Seriously, no. There is no limit. Please don't feed misinformation to players genuinely asking questions.

Agreed. I held more than that in Season 14, had 1 and a half stash tabs to see all of the primals I would get that season.
I wonder where this nonsense about maximum number of primals one can have originates. After all it is utter BS. There is no such limit.
01/15/2019 12:31 PMPosted by Kirottu
I wonder where this nonsense about maximum number of primals one can have originates. After all it is utter BS. There is no such limit.

It's been a "thing" lately to bombard new players or anyone just asking a legitimate question with misinformation because it's "cool"...or whatever. It really began to pick up after BlizzCon. I wish the moderators would take care of those posts so those asking questions didn't have to filter out the noise to get to the real answers.
Thank you for the answers :)

Actually, there's an 85% chance it will be for your class, but whether you'll actually use it or not is a different story.

I got 102 primals equipped on my 13 chars presently. I had 113 primals equipped on my 15 chars but I deleted 2 chars today. Going to remake the chars so I can put those primals back on display.