[Guide] 2.6.4 MOTE6-IK2-IB-Cold/Pro-Slam +118

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
As of now, I cleared 112. However, I tried approximately 20 times and almost in each of them either bad map layout composition or a good map without any pylons with lots of elites...

So If I fish a lot, I can clear 113, but anything above 113 would be a long shot. Sasquash also cleared 113, which was reported to be his limit (CoE variety).

So I think we can say that between 1300-1700 paragon range 113 is the cap for this build (considering 110 gems and about 90 level caldessans).

Note that this build scales a lot with paragon so we still don't have any data about +5k paragon players using this build.
01/29/2019 01:23 PMPosted by Prokahn
So I think we can say that between 1300-1700 paragon range 113 is the cap for this build (considering 110 gems and about 90 level caldessans).

Note that this build scales a lot with paragon so we still don't have any data about +5k paragon players using this build.

How much main stat?

My 110 clear had 17k main stat @ 2159 Paragon.

Better to start thinking in terms of Effective Paragon to gauge the build's potential.
I know y'all are non season. But I see this build going far further in seasons due to being able to forgo rorg and using another dps ring as its already set in stone?

Id try it bit I only play on the switch and leveling for 70 is a pita.
i've done a 110 with ca 1150 paragon and 14500 mainstat in the season, mediocre gear, very easy first rift not even the best maps - that build has a lot potential, at least in season
Nice.

But I´m kind of missing a note regarding Overpower - Killing Spree in the War Cry spot, especially if you want to maximize damage output.

Wotb UP: (1+(0.75*6.1))/(1+(0.67*6.1)) = 5.575 / 5.087 = +9.59% damage
NO WotB: (1+(0.65*6.1))/(1+(0.57*6.1)) = 4.965 / 4.477 = +10.90% damage

I´m well aware that OP:KS cooldown reduction mechanics have been destroyed, but it has 3 charges and you can time it, e.g. use it before the cold CoE phase.

Good luck and have fun.
@Free, I cleared 112 with 19000 main stat and 500k life (Rubies+all paragons into STR-overal toughness 1.2 billion)

01/30/2019 01:44 AMPosted by Nubtro
But I´m kind of missing a note regarding Overpower - Killing Spree in the War Cry spot, especially if you want to maximize damage output.

Nubtro this is a good suggestion. I think if people are comfortable without the dodge chance from WC-Veteran, overpower would be a good option. I am not thinking if we can drop battleshed and use overpower. I still think bloodshed is not performing as the design intended. Especially with seismis slam. The SS damage is not translated correctly into battleshed procs.

By the way, you are not playing PoE for a while now? Did not see you for some time now. I got sick of D3 and its RNG so I am back on PoE.
01/30/2019 04:04 AMPosted by Prokahn
@Free, I cleared 112 with 19000 main stat and 500k life (Rubies+all paragons into STR-overal toughness 1.2 billion)

01/30/2019 01:44 AMPosted by Nubtro

Nubtro this is a good suggestion. I think if people are comfortable without the dodge chance from WC-Veteran, overpower would be a good option. I am not thinking if we can drop battleshed and use overpower. I still think bloodshed is not performing as the design intended. Especially with seismis slam. The SS damage is not translated correctly into battleshed procs.

By the way, you are not playing PoE for a while now? Did not see you for some time now. I got sick of D3 and its RNG so I am back on PoE.

Would it be better to change bloodshed then to swords to ploughshares?
Had been a monk/crusader player years before and now I'm back to play D3 in Season 16, I want to push GR on ladder with a build which suits my playstyle (no bullcharge boringness....no leap x 3 rinse and repeat)..this build has the traditional hack-and-slash playstyle which how an ARPG should be.

After testing a primal IK Boulder and zodiac ring variants, I agree with Prokahn (thank you for the guide it got me starting) that Istvan blades are best suited for this build. I just cleared a GR 110 with 1055 Paragon and about 12k main stat strength (2 Caldesanns)in Season 16 It began with 2 levels of horrible corridor rifts but COE helped to push the game forward. RG wasn't really an issue as long as you dodge one-shots.

Will continue pushing :)
01/30/2019 04:22 PMPosted by Sengerene

Good luck and have fun man. We need more people pushing this build on Season and Non-Season to see its potential. I still claim this build will be in the top 3 strongest barb build. Not sure yet if it is the strongest for pushing potential.

But fun to play to say the least.
Just want to stop in and say great build and guide. Build is pretty strong, down 105 in a little over 13 min, at paragon 821 a little over 8500 strength, no augment. Wish there's no 5 enemies cap.
Great guild! Thanks for sharing man. Although the low CD on Wotb and no CC immune stress me out alot lol. So I switch Endless Walk set to Zodiac/CoE/Hellfire with some CDR stats/Boon of Bulkathos passive and I freaking love it! I feel much less tanky but i think to be able to push really high CoE is a must. I can almost perma WOTB in good density too. I only got to 106 now with 1850 paragon/90 augment, but still lacking some key rolls on items and i dont think im good with the build yet. Pls check my profile and tell me what do you think:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Killvanth-6657/hero/94907607
Killvanth,

TnP set doubles the damage output and more important than CoE. So I suggest using them.

Apart from these you really want to maximize IAS and AD stats. I think chasing a permanent berserker is unnecessary. We only need it in elite fights as for trash, AD does the trick.

So CdR vs other stats depends on you. The only feasible way to implemrnt CoE would be to replace BoM. You can try and compare both options. For reference, you can check Sasquash's build. He cleared 113 with CoE variant. Note that I can clear 113 too but too bored to try it. So the two are not too far apart.

BoM toughness lets you stay in more painful situations which means more slams.

A final gameplay note, in this build you should not leap away very soon (unlike leapquake). We want to really stay on the ground and slam for 7 secs and leap right before BoM proc goes off. Usually the first gameplay error coming from other builds is this. Toughness is a crucial parameter for damage in this setup.

PS: use rubies in body and legs instead of diamonds
I augmented most of my gear today and still have 2 pieces left to go and just ran a 110 in 11:42 and it wasn't a great rift. First floor was a good map with terrible mobs but enough of them and enough elites to get well ahead of the timer. Second floor was pretty much junk but I did get to kill 2 elite groups with a conduit. I am starting to think this has as high of a clear possibility as IK Hota, maybe more because if you fish for the correct rift your area damage is a lot better.
One keyed 111 in 12 minutes. Threw 10 keys at 112 and had 4 times where I was on the RG before time expired, none of them good maps.

For the 110 and 111 I cleared tonight I think on both of those clears I didn't have any elite CCing me. So that can be an additional level of fishing to look for.
Shoutout to my man Prokhan: https://imgur.com/a/VQnNvUu

We crushing 2-player GRs, sky's the limit. He clears the trash, I impale the elites, we dance on the RG.
did a 112 with 1300 paragon, really bad rift - more potential to go higher
Finished 112 in 14:32 in four keys tonight. Rift was terrible I wasn't expecting to finish I just wanted to practice. Right now I would guess this build is as good as IK hota.

Just threw 2 more keys at 113 and closed in 13:43. Power got me one blue pack, conduit was used on the rift guardian. Other than that decent mobs and decent maps. Still a few more GR to go before this one tops out.
01/30/2019 04:22 PMPosted by Sengerene
Had been a monk/crusader player years before and now I'm back to play D3 in Season 16, I want to push GR on ladder with a build which suits my playstyle (no bullcharge boringness....no leap x 3 rinse and repeat)..this build has the traditional hack-and-slash playstyle which how an ARPG should be.

After testing a primal IK Boulder and zodiac ring variants, I agree with Prokahn (thank you for the guide it got me starting) that Istvan blades are best suited for this build. I just cleared a GR 110 with 1055 Paragon and about 12k main stat strength (2 Caldesanns)in Season 16 It began with 2 levels of horrible corridor rifts but COE helped to push the game forward. RG wasn't really an issue as long as you dodge one-shots.

Alright i think this build may even be better than IK Hota. Just did a 112 gr in about 12:30 under season 16 ladder. Had 1200ish paragon, 15k str with 5 augments. Had 50% good and 50% super bad maps. Trying to augment more before trying higher again.
02/05/2019 08:04 PMPosted by Felix
Finished 112 in 14:32 in four keys tonight. Rift was terrible I wasn't expecting to finish I just wanted to practice. Right now I would guess this build is as good as IK hota.

02/05/2019 08:31 PMPosted by Sengerene
Alright i think this build may even be better than IK Hota. Just did a 112 gr in about 12:30 under season 16 ladder. Had 1200ish paragon, 15k str with 5 augments. Had 50% good and 50% super bad maps.

Glad more people are exploring this build. I'm really digging it's trash killing power in 2-player (speaking of, Pro, we gotta push so hop on!).

This here build and thread, I like it. It's doing groovy stuff. I can't wait to see how far folks push this build!