What to gamble for at level 1?

General Discussion
Will be my first time actually playing seasons at the launch of it.

Will play a Witch Doctor. What should I gamble for at the start after I pick up my challenge rift cache?

Thanks!
Don't use any shards till you have to. At level one the item will be useless in a matter of minutes. Wait till your shards is full, and then only spend to make room. Once you hit 70 however, then you can start spending.

If you want to not waste your shards.

Good luck!
chofly has a great guide on you tube for that..
For wd, you could go for Gazing Demise, or Leorics Crown..

Id go for the crown
I would not, your going to out level any gear way to fast at level one to even consider it worth your time let alone the currency.
01/17/2019 07:24 AMPosted by DTMAce
Don't use any shards till you have to. At level one the item will be useless in a matter of minutes. Wait till your shards is full, and then only spend to make room. Once you hit 70 however, then you can start spending.

Good luck!

hmm, no
01/17/2019 07:27 AMPosted by Unwind

Good luck!

hmm, no

Well I disagree. And I'm betting many players do the same thing I do.

Good luck!

I think he's talking about what to spend the shards on at level one in season with the Challenge Rift cache.

Though the item might grow weak when worn, putting it in the cube can get you to level 70 by playing a higher difficulty to start.

Like for instance, at level one, a DH can gamble a Hellcat Waistguard from Kadala and is like to get one within the 450 shards from Challenge Rift. Putting it in the cube makes it usable from whatever level it takes you to get the cube till 70.

All classes have items like that are able to be gambled at level 1. Barb has the ring that boosts toughness from charge, leap and another skill I can't remember the name off.

At anyrate, gambling for an item at level one that's available at level one that gives a skill multiplier can speed you through the leveling process if you start the season on day one and your clanmates aren't geared yet to power level you.
On the WD roll pox legs if doing massacre since it can keep massacre ticking even if dead lol. It refreshes every tick.

Ill be rolling Gazing for the huge damage to delete anything in master all the way 1-70, then pox and doing massacre leveling.
01/17/2019 07:29 AMPosted by DTMAce
01/17/2019 07:27 AMPosted by Unwind
hmm, no

Well I disagree. And I'm betting many players do the same thing I do.

https://youtu.be/Um7ZxmZrCnk

You’re welcome.
Barbarian - bracers for either HOTA or SS bracers if you want the damage multiplier, boots for Lut Socks when MOTE is the Haedrig's Gift, and if you have shards left over, rings for BoM (good for HC of course, esp with Lut Socks). For S13, I'd probably (slowly) gamble for bracers first, get one of the bracers, and then if you can roll a second lvl1 Barb, save your shards, get to 70 and if you haven't dropped lut socks or BoM, gamble for them using your second lvl1 Barb.
Crusader - go for shields as you'd have a chance at Denial or Guard of Johanna. If you get GoJ, gamble for bracers and hopefully you'll get a Gabriel's Vambraces for some resource cost reduction potential when using Blessed Hammer
Demon Hunter - belts for Hellcat Waistguards (not as effective damage multiplier as what other classes get apparently) or bracers for Wraps of Clarity so you can tank higher difficulties (but find it harder to kill). This would be the one class I'd consider not gambling with at lvl1. You could try your luck at lvl32 for Spines of Seething hatred so you can spam Chakrams all day long.
Monk - Rivera Dancers if you're looking for a single item that you have a good chance to get with high damage multiplier (chance for Crudest Boots too), Pintos if you prefer WoL (not as cost efficient at this point of the game). However daibo for Balance to cube and then bracers for (hopefully) Cesar's Memento is another option if you feel like something different. But RDs with LTK is the most cost efficient option.
Necromancer - Circle of Nailuj Evol best. Singularity rune still crazy strong when leveling from 1-70 (when it unlocks that is). Gloves for Grasp of Essence another option and good to compliment Mages as your corpse spender if you don't want to use Devour.
Witch Doctor - mojo for Gazing Demise. It's the only damage multiplier choice for WDs at lvl1.
Wizard - ring for Manald Heal. Like WDs, it's the highest damage boosting option at lvl1.

From another thread.
01/17/2019 08:24 AMPosted by speedyraptor
Barbarian - bracers for either HOTA or SS bracers if you want the damage multiplier, boots for Lut Socks when MOTE is the Haedrig's Gift, and if you have shards left over, rings for BoM (good for HC of course, esp with Lut Socks). For S13, I'd probably (slowly) gamble for bracers first, get one of the bracers, and then if you can roll a second lvl1 Barb, save your shards, get to 70 and if you haven't dropped lut socks or BoM, gamble for them using your second lvl1 Barb.
Crusader - go for shields as you'd have a chance at Denial or Guard of Johanna. If you get GoJ, gamble for bracers and hopefully you'll get a Gabriel's Vambraces for some resource cost reduction potential when using Blessed Hammer
Demon Hunter - belts for Hellcat Waistguards (not as effective damage multiplier as what other classes get apparently) or bracers for Wraps of Clarity so you can tank higher difficulties (but find it harder to kill). This would be the one class I'd consider not gambling with at lvl1. You could try your luck at lvl32 for Spines of Seething hatred so you can spam Chakrams all day long.
Monk - Rivera Dancers if you're looking for a single item that you have a good chance to get with high damage multiplier (chance for Crudest Boots too), Pintos if you prefer WoL (not as cost efficient at this point of the game). However daibo for Balance to cube and then bracers for (hopefully) Cesar's Memento is another option if you feel like something different. But RDs with LTK is the most cost efficient option.
Necromancer - Circle of Nailuj Evol best. Singularity rune still crazy strong when leveling from 1-70 (when it unlocks that is). Gloves for Grasp of Essence another option and good to compliment Mages as your corpse spender if you don't want to use Devour.
Witch Doctor - mojo for Gazing Demise. It's the only damage multiplier choice for WDs at lvl1.
Wizard - ring for Manald Heal. Like WDs, it's the highest damage boosting option at lvl1.

From another thread.

I thought you couldn't get Manald heal until 27?

Also, monk in 4 person group Gungdo is a good option as well.
This is a good resource. Set the level to 16 to see what you can get on a level 1 character.

https://www.d3planner.com/game/55430/kadala
01/17/2019 07:22 AMPosted by Wootytooty
Will play a Witch Doctor. What should I gamble for at the start

Go hit up game guide, you have a chance to get 14-15 levels higher items from gambling than your own character level. Hit Kadala up for mojos and ceremonial knives.

01/17/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Unwind
Id go for the crown

Leoric drops his crown at the Story mode on first scored kill always don't waste bloodshards on that.
Assuming you do the challenge rift before you start the season, you get 400 shards right there, youll pass 500 long before you hit level 70, unless you dont do rifts or bounties. No real reason not to gamble a couple hundred at level one to try to get something to feed into the cube.
01/17/2019 09:17 AMPosted by Flansy
Assuming you do the challenge rift before you start the season, you get 400 shards right there, youll pass 500 long before you hit level 70, unless you dont do rifts or bounties. No real reason not to gamble a couple hundred at level one to try to get something to feed into the cube.

And depending on your class, you can get a really powerful item to help leveling too. Like bracers for barb is up to a 500% damage increase to a couple spenders, which can be really powerful compared to the stats on the item. As you say, doing the challenge rift right away at season start is going to essentially cause you to cap on shards anyway, might as well get something useful and not waste shards.
ceremonial knives.

Gambling on weapons early is not advised.

Good luck!

Not true, items avalable at level 1 are NOT level 1. For example rivera walkers are available to monks at level 1 and cant be equipped til 16. And a 300% damage modifier is better than any level 70 yellow will give statwise, also it can be cubed at 70. The loot pool is small a level 1. WD should go for paux fauds pants at 1, and i think the garg ring can also gamble at 1.

Good luck!

You really should avoid responding to things you don't understand. The idea is to target a few items in a limited pool for use as a cube power early.
01/17/2019 10:13 AMPosted by DonMartin

Good luck!

You really should avoid responding to things you don't understand. The idea is to target a few items in a limited pool for use as a cube power early.

Absolutely best way to level quickly. Don't be a squirrel and hoard your shards. Couple seasons I didn't open bag hoping for crusterians to drop for the 10 lvl jump. Never happened. Going for hellcat at lvl1 again and if I get lucky, I'll also try for pants. Good luck on Friday!
Oh, I forgot.

If your doing WD and dont want to use shards on leveling items, at level 1, the staff used for firebats, which is this seasons haedrig set, is the only staff rolled at 1, so on a WD you should use the shards at 1, or at least by 30 as I recall for the staff to go with this seasons free set.

Still a level item like gazing, pox, leorics will shave 20-45m off your leveling time.