What to gamble for at level 1?

General Discussion
01/17/2019 09:21 AMPosted by DonMartin
ceremonial knives.

Gambling on weapons early is not advised.

Cube 'em - though most aren't really worth it considering the lower power they provide. But you still can to maintain any weapon buff during the whole leveling phase.
01/17/2019 02:15 PMPosted by KiWeN
Cube 'em - though most aren't really worth it considering the lower power they provide. But you still can to maintain any weapon buff during the whole leveling phase.

It's not about the power it's the loot pool, weapons have the bigest loot pools while also being more expensive you should always aim for anything but weapons, rings and amulets especially with your limited shards from the CR cache.
01/17/2019 07:24 AMPosted by DTMAce
Don't use any shards till you have to. At level one the item will be useless in a matter of minutes. Wait till your shards is full, and then only spend to make room. Once you hit 70 however, then you can start spending.

If you want to not waste your shards.

Good luck!

This is incorrect. As a barb you want to gamble on a Lv 1 character for Lut Socks (since it's a Lv 9 or so item and it's one of the only legendary boots in the pool) and then you cube it. Doesn't matter what the lvl of the item is be it 1 or 70.

I'm not sure what WD uses, but the same rule applies to every class.
Don't use any shards till you have to. At level one the item will be useless in a matter of minutes. Wait till your shards is full, and then only spend to make room. Once you hit 70 however, then you can start spending.

Good luck!

Surprise a vet player like you don't know about this.

You gamble at level 1 (or some at other low levels depending on the gear level drop) for hard to get gear like the Necro ring (Evol) so that you can cube it later on.

The likelihood of getting that gear is high because the loot table is low at that level compared to level 70 when you have all available gear in the loot table.
01/17/2019 10:58 AMPosted by Nashi
Oh, I forgot.

If your doing WD and dont want to use shards on leveling items, at level 1, the staff used for firebats, which is this seasons haedrig set, is the only staff rolled at 1, so on a WD you should use the shards at 1, or at least by 30 as I recall for the staff to go with this seasons free set.

Still a level item like gazing, pox, leorics will shave 20-45m off your leveling time.

this i disagree with, not because it's a bad item. Just the chance of getting it are abyssmal. It takes on average (according to d3 planner kadalla) 4,500 shards. Which just isn't realistic to obtain. the other options like pox faults and gazing demise have an average of 250 shards.
Here is a site that shows the possible kadala drops based on your class and level.
https://www.d3planner.com/game/49286/kadala
Work out what Items you need by looking them up on https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/

Create a new character to speed level up to the required level, and then use shards to get your item.

Level 1 character will get any legendaries under item level 16, but for level 17 items and above, your character level must be the item level +3

Wands: level 11 gets star fire or unstable. 34 for Serpant and WoH

Rings: level up a wiz to 27 for manald heal. Only 2 legendary rings can drop. Leorics and Manald.

Orbs: level 33, only winter flurry or etched drop

Wizard Hats, 21 for crown of Primus, 30 for Swami.

Getting Tasker is harder but if you are LVL 63, you won't get the lvl 70 set items.

So if you are suck for an item, and you want have a spare character slot, happy days :)

Mask of Jerom is lvl 34. So at lvl 37, you could look for that.

Aquila is 23, so at level 26 you could gamble for that.

Short man's finger is is 34 but you could get like 6 other rings so it's not the best.

Gazing dimise is probably one of the best.

The Basrber at lvl 15, so level 18. Will have 4 other blades possibly drop.

Firebats staff is probably the best.

I'd go gor the staff. It will massively increase damage and it saves time not having to farm it at 70.
01/17/2019 05:12 PMPosted by jtcdgroup

Good luck!

Surprise a vet player like you don't know about this.

You gamble at level 1 (or some at other low levels depending on the gear level drop) for hard to get gear like the Necro ring (Evol) so that you can cube it later on.

The likelihood of getting that gear is high because the loot table is low at that level compared to level 70 when you have all available gear in the loot table.

I actually do know about this, but always felt it was a waste of time, since I can usually level up very quickly at the beginning of the season anyway. I would rather save the shards for the level 70 drops, but that's me. To each their own I guess. You all can obviously hate me for it, but whatever.

Every season, I take out my actual dice, roll for my class and gender I will be playing, rebirth the character for it, do my challenge rift, group up with some friends and knock the leveling out in an hour or two.

For me that's usually what I do. Anyway.

Game on.
01/17/2019 05:21 PMPosted by cyborgtemp89
01/17/2019 10:58 AMPosted by Nashi
Oh, I forgot.

If your doing WD and dont want to use shards on leveling items, at level 1, the staff used for firebats, which is this seasons haedrig set, is the only staff rolled at 1, so on a WD you should use the shards at 1, or at least by 30 as I recall for the staff to go with this seasons free set.

Still a level item like gazing, pox, leorics will shave 20-45m off your leveling time.

this i disagree with, not because it's a bad item. Just the chance of getting it are abyssmal. It takes on average (according to d3 planner kadalla) 4,500 shards. Which just isn't realistic to obtain. the other options like pox faults and gazing demise have an average of 250 shards.

I dont see that 4500 shards your talking about, must assume your level 70, You need to plug level 1 in. Level 1 on https://www.d3planner.com/game/50649/kadala shows 250 on avg for pox and gazing

This week I was testing leveling (rolled like 7 Wds), I avged 5 rolls for a gazing demise at 1. With 500 shards each time across 7 level 1s, I rolled both items on 4 WDs, and the other 3 got 1 item.
01/17/2019 11:37 PMPosted by Nashi
I dont see that 4500 shards your talking about, must assume your level 70, You need to plug level 1 in. Level 1 on https://www.d3planner.com/game/50649/kadala shows 250 on avg for pox and gazing

He is disagreeing with the staff, at lvl1 the staff shows and average of 4500 shards used.

Good luck!

What a terrible idea dont be this guy kids
https://www.d3planner.com/game/55430/kadala

Use this.
01/17/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Unwind
chofly has a great guide on you tube for that..
For wd, you could go for Gazing Demise, or Leorics Crown..

Id go for the crown

That's a waste. You will almost surely get a crown drop even before you kill Leoric. It is very common.
01/18/2019 09:13 AMPosted by DonMartin
01/17/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Unwind
chofly has a great guide on you tube for that..
For wd, you could go for Gazing Demise, or Leorics Crown..

Id go for the crown

That's a waste. You will almost surely get a crown drop even before you kill Leoric. It is very common.

Massacre bonus is the fastest way to level, and receives no bonus from Leoric. It's a net gain of ~5% exp. Massacre bonus is based on the base exp of the mob only.

The time it takes to quest to Leoric would be better spent doing massacre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHVT9A3X50&t=2129s
01/17/2019 07:57 PMPosted by DTMAce
To each their own I guess. You all can obviously hate me for it, but whatever.

No one hates you, but your logic is flawed. There are a few powerful items in the level 1 gambling pool that you are highly likely to get and that are useful at level 70 as cube powers.

If you can get it early, all the better. The point is to try and score a hit in the limited pool so you don't need to blow all your shards at level 70 trying to get the same item in a greatly expanded loot pool.