STOP forcing me to go the the jeweler to swap gems

General Discussion
STOP forcing me to go the the jeweler to swap gems. It's so annoying. Gem should be able to be swapped just by clicking or dragging another gem over. So annoying, What were these game designers thinking???
02/02/2019 11:01 AMPosted by Evoportals
STOP forcing me to go the the jeweler to swap gems. It's so annoying. Gem should be able to be swapped just by clicking or dragging another gem over. So annoying, What were these game designers thinking???

Whilst it's free to unsocket gems these days, it wasn't always that way. It used to cost gold to remove them. The more gems / higher rank they were, the more it used to cost to remove them from your armour. So, what they were thinking is that you'd go to the jeweller so there was an interface showing you how much it would cost.
The Armory gives players the option to save different build/gear/gem setups and switch between them with a click.

Some players are paranoid and save their builds without gems. Me, I'm too lazy and haven't had an issue with losing gems.
What were these game designers thinking???

Well maybe they don't want people carrying 3-4 extra gems in the bag and switching on the fly?
They have messed with gems several times since they were implemented and so far, this is the choice they made on the implementation.
I want to see the OP deal with the original way gems were handled. LOL Including the stack limits.
02/02/2019 11:08 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Whilst it's free to unsocket gems these days, it wasn't always that way. It used to cost gold to remove them. The more gems / higher rank they were, the more it used to cost to remove them from your armour. So, what they were thinking is that you'd go to the jeweller so there was an interface showing you how much it would cost.

so there were more bad design decisions at the past.
now its still bad design decision. bad, but better than it was.
it doesnt justify current bad design.
good design decision - button binding like SHIFT/CTRL/ALT-LMB/RMB to unsocket.
see the difference? so with this kind of posts you are doing nothing healthy or useful to the game development. thats why i downvoted your post and this were my explanations and i have no idea why anyone can upvoat such a bad quality posts.
02/02/2019 11:49 AMPosted by TaintedFate
i have no idea why anyone can upvoat such a bad quality posts.

Probably because his post actually answered the op's question while also conveying a reason as to why a game's design behaves as it currently does, unlike your own post which conveyed nothing but a spiteful attitude.

STOP forcing me to go the the blacksmith to salvage legendaries. It's so annoying. Legendaries should be able to be salvaged just by clicking or dragging it to a salvage item slot. So annoying. What were these game designers thinking???
Use the armory?

This isn't PoE, dude. Why would you come here with a quality of life suggestion requiring thoughtful design?
posts like these are the reason why D3 ended up becoming a casual game.
02/02/2019 09:34 PMPosted by fathom
posts like these are the reason why D3 ended up becoming a casual game.

You have that right, no one wants to do anything anymore, except fish for the easiest GR to run, because they do not want to run the hard rifts.
But then Covetous Shen wouldn't have much of a job...
02/02/2019 02:28 PMPosted by Ensky01

STOP forcing me to go the the blacksmith to salvage legendaries. It's so annoying. Legendaries should be able to be salvaged just by clicking or dragging it to a salvage item slot. So annoying. What were these game designers thinking???

you will be amazed, but, YEAH, players should not be forced to go anywhere to do basic things, such as repairing, salvaging, enchanting, or crafting. all of these must be accessible through inventory interface just standing still in one place.
could you imagine this?! you dont even need towns, players just need to have their own hideouts. yeah, you dont even need |map devices| or nephalem stones, you should be able to go for random map to slay mobs in one click, again, through game interface. and interface should be diablo-themed all that stuff.

thats what i would call good simplified design, created for convinience. of course, you dont need to pick up dbs or gr keys too (pet will pick up all mats). and so on.

all what you are hanging on is outdated design, its almost 2020 and the games should be extremely convinient and do their purpose. player logged in, press one button and now he is slaying demons, thats it. most of you all are narrow-minded and thats explains why you will never be a good game designers.

02/02/2019 09:31 PMPosted by Superchang
This isn't PoE, dude. Why would you come here with a quality of life suggestion requiring thoughtful design?

omg. poe? its where you need to have quicksilver potion on your action bar and press it regularly every 4 seconds through ALL gameaplay ALL your playing hours, otherwise you will be slow as hell? yeah that game has very serious quality gameplay just by following this fact alone.
02/02/2019 10:25 PMPosted by TaintedFate
02/02/2019 02:28 PMPosted by Ensky01

you will be amazed, but, YEAH, players should not be forced to go anywhere to do basic things, such as repairing, salvaging, enchanting, or crafting. all of these must be accessible through inventory interface just standing still in one place.
could you imagine this?! you dont even need towns, players just need to have their own hideouts. yeah, you dont even need |map devices| or nephalem stones, you should be able to go for random map to slay mobs in one click, again, through game interface. and interface should be diablo-themed all that stuff.

thats what i would call good simplified design, created for convinience. of course, you dont need to pick up dbs or gr keys too (pet will pick up all mats). and so on.

all what you are hanging on is outdated design, its almost 2020 and the games should be extremely convinient and do their purpose. player logged in, press one button and now he is slaying demons, thats it. most of you all are narrow-minded and thats explains why you will never be a good game designers.

02/02/2019 09:31 PMPosted by Superchang

omg. poe? its where you need to have quicksilver potion on your action bar and press it regularly every 4 seconds through ALL gameaplay ALL your playing hours, otherwise you will be slow as hell? yeah that game has very serious quality gameplay just by following this fact alone.

guess we all should have a bot to play the game for us too!
02/02/2019 10:34 PMPosted by Hider
guess we all should have a bot to play the game for us too!
Not sure why you suggest this. If you don't want to play yourself, wouldn't it be better to not buy the game in the first place?
02/02/2019 11:49 AMPosted by TaintedFate
i downvoted your post

All I took from your post was "Facts man bad!" because I gave a direct, factual response to the OP that upset your feelings.
Save all your armory swaps with the Legendary Gems not in them.. You should only have one set; All extra Gems should be used for Caldesann's Despair.

This way when you are done playing you go Re-equip your wardrobe and throw the gems in the stash for other characters to use.