Useful primals?

General Discussion
01/29/2019 06:32 PMPosted by Scorp
just wondering if any of you are using a primal that is actually useful for your class/spec

Yep, a couple of dozen of them.
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career
01/30/2019 10:50 AMPosted by brute
I had a perfect Yang's Recurve bow for my UE DH drop awhile ago...and then they changed the rolls/specs on the bow and it was rendered obsolete with a previous patch.

That really cheesed me.

Happened to more people than you probably think... think of all them peeps you seen with a primal Karlei's pre-buff :((
Last season I got near 50 Primals, only 3 I could use on the build I was using. A few others for other builds.. This season at 1007 Par and 6 Primals, only 1 I can use. The others I gave away or are waiting for the scrap pile..
In less than a week, I picked up two, count 'em two, primal Cluckeyes ! Been better off mowing my lawn.
02/01/2019 05:20 PMPosted by SunStrider
In less than a week, I picked up two, count 'em two, primal Cluckeyes ! Been better off mowing my lawn.

Cluckeye was my GR70 primal drop. I suppose I should be glad it was at least a DH item.

Most useful primal (my second found) was a Rucksack. Happy with that since I was doing a N6M4 build.
I mean yeah my 70 GR drop as a WD this season was the Ring of Emptiness which is useful for a few builds I am using this season. Haven't seen another one, and have seen many people get far worse/useless drops. Meanwhile the person I play with the most, a Barb this season, got his weapon. Which was great for him. But I'm just glad to have gotten something I can use based on everything I've seen. Just can't really plan for it or hope for something good, and you'll never be disappointed. Which is how gear and rerolling in this game still works generally = /
Got a primal Zoey's Secret i use in all my builds and a Primal Rondal's Locket i use in my speed farm build.

My Scoundrel also has a Primal Buriza for the memes.
Top barb atm is using 3 primals.
02/01/2019 09:45 PMPosted by Humpster
Top barb atm is using 3 primals.

I don't get why people obsess with them. They're just perfectly rolled ancients, they don't act as another tier of power (thankfully).

Like its nice to have but chances it won't make or break your character any more than having less Paragon than someone else or lower gems, or lower augments etc. There's always something you can work on (that you have actual control over) instead stressing about Primal Sidegrades.
Only seen 1 Primal aside from the 70 guarantee so far.

I hate Primals. Such a stupid idea, especially when it was a new power rank.
02/02/2019 03:49 AMPosted by Griever
I don't get why people obsess with them. They're just perfectly rolled ancients, they don't act as another tier of power (thankfully).

People actually think they can hunt or farm primals, lol. Its a RNG game of probability. Got a UE chest piece primal on seasonal and wanted to salvage it but knowing people, they go nuts just the thought of having it, so I just gave it away to make a plebs day.

dex
vit
armor
physical res
12 discipline

trash roll by my standards, my non season ancient piece is perfect already
just wondering if any of you are using a primal that is actually useful for your class/spec

I FINALLY got 'Karlei's Point' to roll primal...after almost 900 paragon, dozens of reforging and hundreds of crafting rare daggers.
nope was trying to get primal yang and 7000 dbs,did over a hundred lego reroll and after that gave up.
Picked up a primal shoulder for my M6 last week, and couldn't roll better than the ordinary ancient I already had.
All of my Primal drops have been 100% useless since Day 1.

Don't even care about Primals anymore.
02/01/2019 06:38 PMPosted by ten
Cluckeye was my GR70 primal drop.

If you haven't smelt it yet, it's a nice crowd control weapon for your Follower if you care to use Lyndon.
half of the primal drops are useful to me;
-that doesn't mean i use those instantly.
-but i do stash all the good ones, that can't be equiped yet.
First primal drop from my first GR 70 was Cindercoat (30% fire resource reduction and 20% fire skill damage) which was perfect for my MS UE Demon Hunter. None have dropped since but facerolling 70+ GRs has made me a happy demon slayer :)

[/quote]
Why would you use one that isn't useful?
First primal drop from my first GR 70 was Cindercoat (30% fire resource reduction and 20% fire skill damage) which was perfect for my MS UE Demon Hunter. None have dropped since but facerolling 70+ GRs has made me a happy demon slayer :)
02/04/2019 03:25 AMPosted by Acheronus
First primal drop from my first GR 70 was Cindercoat (30% fire resource reduction and 20% fire skill damage) which was perfect for my MS UE Demon Hunter.

Cindercoat cannot roll with discipline bonus as a secondary affix which means that, as the UE set gives 350% damage bonus per point of discipline, using Cindercoat loses you 4200% damage bonus versus the set cloak.