D4 = Diablo + Monster Hunter

General Discussion
The game can evolve.

I would have no problem with demon hunting quest where you're facing huge demon bosses that completely tower you.

Monster Hunter World has shown me you can have amazing cinematic scenes wearing the gear you've acquired in game which adds a whole new element and feels like you're actually in the story. I know Blizzard could create a game like this.

I think it would work out perfectly too. People could still pick and choose the weapon types they want to play. They could choose their attire, as well as the gems that might be embedded.

It would be the perfect blend of two worlds in my opinion and doesn't have to remain with the isometric scope. Diablo can evolve (especially the look from D3 to D4).
a spin-off diablo could be like that.

But I hope Diablo 4 keeps the isometric view.
Isometric view is iconic for Diablo. If they want to "evolve" I would suggest just doing a new IP and go from there. If you are using the brand name for sales and remove core mechanics of a franchise then you are just baiting fans.

If people want that type of gameplay would they care if it was Diablo? It could be "Good guy vs Bad guy World" for all I care, just don't drag the Diablo name into it.
I hate monster hunter honestly, please no.
They don't have to use FMV, but it has been a huge part of the Blizzard trademark to use and create huge FMV's for their games. They could go for some Real Time Cutscenes to show your character in the sequences, but Blizzard just prefer to tell stories with their big detailed and beautiful videos that you unlock through gameplay, and combined tells a story of their own about the world you are venturing.
An spin off ok, but the main diablo franchise should maintain an isometric view.

Anyway, i din't like Monster hunter thanks to the weapon design and found fight monsters very boring. They are not like DkS bosses for eg
Monster hunter? I'd rather see it darker like Bloodborne in my opinion. In fact, D4 needs to be the darkest it's ever been in the series to catch my eye again..
02/10/2019 02:12 PMPosted by nibz
Monster hunter? I'd rather see it darker like Bloodborne in my opinion. In fact, D4 needs to be the darkest it's ever been in the series to catch my eye again..

He was talking about monster Hunter like gameplay, not atmosphere. Of course d4 needs to be dark.

I agree with others commenters that say they could see this change as a side Diablo game but that the main series should stay isometric.

I would also like to see a dynasty warriors type game set in the Diablo universe. Worked for Zelda. And we already slaughter hordes of demons. I just think it could be a fun take on Diablo.
Someone really hates isometric lol.
02/10/2019 05:15 PMPosted by ShaiHulud

I don't think he hates isometric. He would just like to see a different kind of game set in the Diablo universe. Whether it's a popular opinion or not.

I fully support keeping the main Diablo series an isometric arpg, but i'm also open to something new from Sanctuary.

Because it has it limits to what designers can add to gameplay
02/10/2019 05:57 PMPosted by Cerealkiller

Because it has it limits to what designers can add to gameplay

Isometric view was made on most old games by HW limitation. By one site limits what you can see on the screen, by other is iconic from diablo franchise
02/10/2019 03:15 PMPosted by Pestilence

He was talking about monster Hunter like gameplay, not atmosphere.
Who said I wasn't talking about both? Might want to ask before you assume keywarrior.
02/10/2019 08:03 PMPosted by nibz

Who said I wasn't talking about both? Might want to ask before you assume keywarrior.

Well he gave you the benefit of the doubt.
02/10/2019 08:03 PMPosted by nibz

Alright cool your !@#$. After re-reading your post I see your implied meaning.

My bad.

Funny you say that cause a scraped idea for d4 was going to be dark souls like.

And it's sir keywarrior to you.
02/10/2019 08:16 PMPosted by Imperius

Well he gave you the benefit of the doubt.
Shut up.

02/10/2019 08:35 PMPosted by Pestilence

And it's sir keywarrior to you.
Yes ma'am.