Rank 1 bots?

General Discussion
03/03/2019 11:27 PMPosted by TemplarGR
I don't think it is in Blizzard's best interest to retain the part of the playerbase that are in part at fault for almost destroying the series...

I'd like to believe that too, but Blizzard has a historical reluctance to banning in D3. That is true since vanilla and RMAH, where trading bot accounts were banned only a couple of times a year. Banwaves were very well documented, and they were rare even when real money was involved.

So while it is obvious that botting harms the game experience, and it should be in Blizzards interest to get rid of cheaters from their online only service, they are not doing nearly enough to have an impact.
03/01/2019 11:18 AMPosted by Prology
Are you familiar with MAUs?
This metric is what the company uses to show shareholders that EVEN THOUGH they have no new games coming out, when they do eventually release games, a bunch of people will buy them.

Now, if they ban a bunch botters, what does that do for their MAU's (which are already in decline just by themselves because of things like 5 month long seasons etc.)?

See that's their problem with bans and in all honesty it trumps your ranking in LB problem.

Actually, this is patently false...

Yes, botters may buy a sequel, but they do more harm than good because the history with botters will make legitimate players, who are the vast majority, less likely to buy a game that will eventually be flooded with cheaters again...

Many people believe that D4 will sell like hotcakes but reality is i am seeing even die hard fans taking a wait and see approach and refusing to preorder it when the time comes... Many people say they will never touch D4 because they got burned by D3...

I don't think it is in Blizzard's best interest to retain the part of the playerbase that are in part at fault for almost destroying the series...

In your opinion it's false, and I read your logic, and it's sound.
unfortunately, based on visual evidence what I wrote seems more likely.

All your saying is that it's not in their best interest. Which is true, but only in the long run. In the short term the MAU's are better and without them maybe D4 does not even get green lit.
03/04/2019 01:57 AMPosted by Ceriulun
So while it is obvious that botting harms the game experience, and it should be in Blizzards interest to get rid of cheaters from their online only service, they are not doing nearly enough to have an impact.

Blizzard tracks monthly active users (MAU). Unfortunately, this may be why Blizzard doesn't ban lots.
The clan <Sc> Super ChriS is well known for using bots to dominate the leaderboards.

Current <Sc> R1 Monk is also R1 DH thanks to his super high paragon and gg gear. He plays D3 non-stop(no sleep, no food, no toilet) all thanks to Super ChriS, so no human can compete against him.

They've been doing it ever since <Sc> formed back in Season 6.. they are super OP thanks to Super ChriS, if you look at S9 4ppl leaderboards:
<Sc> Hysteria(zmonk) "soloed" GR120 "4ppl" and got R1.
Same thing happened in S12, <Sc> Nancy(zmonk) "soloed" GR145 "4ppl" and got R1.
Think about it.. how OP would you have to be? to be able to "solo" 4ppl leaderboards and get R1!!!

<Sc> will continue to dominate leaderboards thanks to 2̶4̶h̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶ Super ChriS, because Blizzard loves em for buying new account every season.

But in actual skill wise they are far behind Koreans, they've only done GR146 so far using P3600! but ppl in Korean servers done GR150 with p2xxx.(thanks to Samsung macro)
They should just implement Bot mode and allow us all to do it. I would love to wake up and be Paragon 3000 :D I hate grinding. It's torture. Why can't we have bots doing the boring stuff?
03/05/2019 03:16 AMPosted by Steve
I would love to wake up and be Paragon 3000 :D
They changed how Themes work - they are no longer restricted to have the Theme on NS, so theoretically they can create a Season in which you start with 9k paragon by default.
03/05/2019 02:25 AMPosted by Steven
Same thing happened in S12, <Sc> Nancy(zmonk) "soloed" GR145 "4ppl" and got R1.
Think about it.. how OP would you have to be? to be able to "solo" 4ppl leaderboards and get R1!!!

I honestly cant tell if you're serious.
02/28/2019 07:02 AMPosted by SevenShadow
I mean it's obvious but their vision is clouded by salt.

What I envisage is a fair competition without cheaters, regardless of whether I'm capable of winning the competition or not. It seems the reason you have vision problems is that you've buried your head in the sand.
02/27/2019 04:55 AMPosted by SoNice309
Can someone tell me how the US solo monk Rank 1 player has almost 2k more paragon than me

For one thing that #1 monk probably has played ever season since it began.

You on the other hand are playing on a brand new account!

If you play D3 in a group of experienced players you will be paragon 3000 or so by the end of a 3 month season.

Play regular every day and you'll get closer to the guy you are so jelly of!
03/05/2019 08:12 AMPosted by Chetanji

Actually, he has only played s13, s15, s16 with 12 hours in s13, 2000 hours in s15, and pretty much every hour of every day since s16 started.

Pretty much so is the #1 monk, been playing the account for less than 6 months and has 3000 hours in. 40 hours a week for a year is 2080 hours, so this dedicated person has put a minimum of 120 hours a week out of 168 hours in a week for the last 5-6 months!!!

If you play D3 in a group of experienced players you will be paragon 3000 or so by the end of a 3 month season.

Less than 2 months in this season and the #1 monk is at paragon 3800, by the end of 3 months he should be over 5000 paragon, so the OP will still be 2000 paragon behind even when playing in a dedicated group.

No one should have to play 16 hours a day to try to keep up with someone who is playing 4-6 hours a day, then having his "little brother" play for the other
17.5-19.5 hours left in the day.

Cheating is cheating. It is blatantly obvious in this game. If Blizz is serious about that 'play fair' crap they put out, they should try to do something more than ban a handful of cheaters each season.
03/05/2019 04:20 AMPosted by Steven
S9 4ppl R1 = <Sc> Hysteria (soloed GR120 4ppl)
S9 3ppl R1 = <Sc> Hysteria (soloed GR113 3ppl)
S12 4ppl R1 = <Sc> Nancy (soloed GR145 4ppl)
S12 3ppl R1 = <Sc> mittens (soloed GR133 3ppl)

They didn't solo the GR, but their other party members got banned and removed from the leaderboards.
03/05/2019 08:37 PMPosted by HunterKiller
03/05/2019 04:20 AMPosted by Steven
S9 4ppl R1 = <Sc> Hysteria (soloed GR120 4ppl)
S9 3ppl R1 = <Sc> Hysteria (soloed GR113 3ppl)
S12 4ppl R1 = <Sc> Nancy (soloed GR145 4ppl)
S12 3ppl R1 = <Sc> mittens (soloed GR133 3ppl)

They didn't solo the GR, but their other party members got banned and removed from the leaderboards.

I believe that was the point he was trying to make.
03/04/2019 06:54 PMPosted by SilverFox
03/04/2019 01:57 AMPosted by Ceriulun

Blizzard tracks monthly active users (MAU). Unfortunately, this may be why Blizzard doesn't ban lots.

They also show how long the average player stays logged in and playing. I think its currently at about 120 minutes. Imagine how a 24/7 bot inflates those stats. Its definitely in their best interest (short term) to ignore bots.
02/27/2019 04:55 AMPosted by SoNice309
Can someone tell me how the US solo monk Rank 1 player has almost 2k more paragon than me

For one thing, I am rank 34 on the season 2 solo monk leaderboards... not a new account. Moreover, I have more paragon than you this season, because i know you loveeee bringing that up.

Why are you trying to justify people cheating by saying others aren't good? Do you truly not believe people are cheating?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMxxGcKx6Fs
*BEEP BOOP* Does not compute...
Yes, botters may buy a sequel, but they do more harm than good because the history with botters will make legitimate players, who are the vast majority, less likely to buy a game that will eventually be flooded with cheaters again...

According to the people here Diablo is dead and no one plays it except botters

Many people believe that D4 will sell like hotcakes but reality is i am seeing even die hard fans taking a wait and see approach and refusing to preorder it when the time comes... Many people say they will never touch D4 because they got burned by D3...

Just because a handful of players aren't going to preorder the game does not automatically mean no one will buy it at all.
If you ask people here about Diablo: Immortal they will all say what a crap game because it's not about us and the PC. Therefore no one will buy it. But I will bet any amount of money that even though the handful of people that come here think they are the only people that play D3, when D:I gets released it will fly off the shelves even though the 2 dozen people that come here will still swear that D:I didn't sell because you and your mates didn't buy it
The problem is Diablo 3 has no other end game except the leader board. You can't trade, there is no good PvP system. Literally the only thing to do in Diablo 3 end game is try to climb the leaderboard.

"Oh why do you care if someone is ranked higher than you, just play the game"

And do what? Trade? PvP? Play a sub-optimal build? Attack random monsters to admire the combat visuals? Talk to Cain? OH WAIT, Cain is dead.

Diablo 3 = Cain.

Dead.
OMG, LEADERBOARDZ IS PVP?!?!?!!! No way....