Why AD on Inna WOL

Monk
Hi guys,

Why are so many people going for AD on Inna WOL. It has only an aoe of 10 yards which is basically nothing as Inna WOL does not cluster the monsters like Uliana. In most cases my AD procs wont hit anything or at least not much.

Am I missing sth?

Thanks!
I think its because of the two wave of lights that are casted for every one. Youre doing that much more damage throughout the whole visible screen and then some. Currently I havnt focused on area damage so i cant say for certainty if its needed for pushing but I can see since their are two wave of lights and the explosive rune fires out those fire guys from each hit I could imagine that the AD adds up quickly.
The damage from AD has a radius of 10 yards. Explosive Light rune on WoL has an extremely large Area of Effect which causes every target hit by that WoL to have a 20% percent chance to proc AD. If your bell hits 20 enemies (not hard on a packed screen) then that is 20 chances at proccing your AD (20% each chance) and if you have around 100% AD that can really add up to a lot of damage. Area Damage is potentially the most powerful affix to have on your gear, especially on a large AoE skill like fire WoL.
Ah I understand, so I need to get this on my gear asap :D

Thanks!
24% ad is better than 5% dmg (= a 10% roll on one weap or a 1k dex roll on a weapn when you have 20k dex) when you have 4+ enemys on one position. If you use cs in your inna build, like I do, then you get huge clusters if enough monsters show up. Optimizing building cluster and using your allys and your wol positioning can make ~2 lvl of grift. I did a 116 pretty close and then started to optimize it out, 118 worked a few times. Without optimal positioning 116 can fail. 115 is pretty safe without thinking :) The 10 m radius thing of each hit enemy (and you hit many) has been stated already :)
03/06/2019 12:36 PMPosted by Frechdachs
Hi guys,

Why are so many people going for AD on Inna WOL. It has only an aoe of 10 yards which is basically nothing as Inna WOL does not cluster the monsters like Uliana. In most cases my AD procs wont hit anything or at least not much.

Am I missing sth?

Thanks!
bigger question why would you wave of light in a inna set since it's half of sunwuko.
cause it simply deals more dmg. this question is pretty old. just rabid strike yields same amount of dmg.
04/21/2019 01:57 PMPosted by FusRoDah
Hi guys,

Am I missing sth?

Thanks!
bigger question why would you wave of light in a inna set since it's half of sunwuko.

SWK is a 151x multiplier with a 7 stack Vengeful Wind. Inna is a 76x multiplier (with Crudest Boots) but Rabid Strike doubles your damage as long as you can get 100% Epiphany uptime which is just a tiny bit more than SWK while being significantly tougher than SWK.
Hi guys,

Am I missing sth?

Thanks!
You use the wave of light fire rune with helm that allows range use.
who is downvoting true facts?
and what hast ranged dmg to do with aoe dmg? aoe hits all enemys within 10 yards from an enemy that got a hit and proccs ad. thats it and no matter where you are
04/29/2019 03:49 AMPosted by Atomfurz
who is downvoting true facts?

Probably a Gen Monk that is upset, lol!
04/29/2019 09:24 AMPosted by Khord
Probably a Gen Monk that is upset, lol!
Then also 24 ad is better than 10% dmg (except you only do rgk in grp) but maybe you are right :D