That's it...

General Discussion
Remove 'Shrouded Moors' from the list of maps a normal Rift can have. It's huge, which wouldn't be a problem, but there's no density of monsters. Sparse would be an understatment.

I understand you like to slap a few bad density maps in the non-greater Rifts, and it makes sense to some degree but this map, the Shrouded Moors, is far beyond low density. It often has 2 to 3 large areas connected and AT BEST 40 monsters in each entire section. It has never netted more then 10% of a rift completion but running through it takes well over 80% of a Rifts time.

It's crazy low density and it is THE MOST COMMON map in a rift. Easily occurs in a rift 50% of the time. Either add 500-800% more monsters in that map OR remove it! FFS!
I thought i `m the only one who ragequits whenever this map opens - you are absolutely right.
Have to agree. That map shouldn't be in the rotation unless it had more density, or less overall area.

I hate getting those. I usually just follow an edge till I get to the next floor, don't even care to explore them.
To be fair there are some levels (or entire rifts for that matter) that are outrageously resource rich in monsters, items, shrines, etc and then there's the one's that balance it out by being not-so-good.

Really it's just this one map type. Once upon a time there where other rifts with super low density--ahem, cave maps--but they fixed them to be just slightly underwhelming a couple years back. The Shrouded Moors is on a whole new level of underwhelming due to its damn size.

02/12/2019 03:43 PMPosted by DTMAce
I usually just follow an edge till I get to the next floor, don't even care to explore them.

Yup, pretty much.

If players want to skip content, something is wrong.
02/12/2019 02:56 PMPosted by McCloud
Either add 500-800% more monsters in that map OR remove it! FFS!

I think increasing the density is a better solution than removing content.
02/13/2019 04:10 AMPosted by Pestilence

Or just remove the retarded timer and let people play at whatever speed they want...
02/12/2019 11:10 PMPosted by McCloud
If players want to skip content, something is wrong.

About 90% of the people play the game that way. People treat a rift just like a GR. They just go for elites for DB and kill the RG for keystones. They skip the rest of the content in the game.

I played a public rift the other day. Two of the players were complaining they were not getting any drops. Well when you skip 90% of the content in the game what do want.

What Blizzard should do is make the Rifts maps just like the GR maps. That way it will make all the mindless happy. Get rid of of the other content in the game that they don't do!!!

Come people this is a video game. You have to take the good with the bad!!!!! Plus 80% of the people that play this game don't know a good map from a bad map. Most all of them only know is if I see the door. I'm going to the next map no matter how good this map is.
I agree.

In this case, not so much. Moors' layout means the exit can literally be in any of four directions, and the map layout forces you to hug the walls to find the exit, usually only after you've been through two or more of the same huge rectangular area already and with almost no progress to show for it because the monster density is pathetic.

The density could be dismissed somewhat if the regular rift version of this map were like the GR version, but it isn't. As such, it's god awful to deal with. And to top it off, it appears often enough that it's pretty clear it is heavily weighted in the random map selection process. I get this map more than any other by far, on the order of 3-5x more. That's horrible for such an underwhelming map.
02/13/2019 04:12 AMPosted by Tetra

Or just remove the retarded timer and let people play at whatever speed they want...

Timer doesn't apply to normal rifts, which are what we are talking about, FYI. GRs don't roll this crappy map, they get a truncated version, like they do with some of the other crappy maps.
02/13/2019 11:13 AMPosted by DTMAce
02/13/2019 04:12 AMPosted by Tetra

Timer doesn't apply to normal rifts, which are what we are talking about, FYI. GRs don't roll this crappy map, they get a truncated version, like they do with some of the other crappy maps.

That and the timer is what they use for the leaderboards.
Yes I agree the Moors are a pain in Rifts but the one I don't like in Rifts and GRifts is the Snow Bound Friend ones, my poor tired old eyes can't see any thing in the blizzard, I just high tail it around, Snow Blind, until I see the exit. If the Monsters use their Ground effect magic, even Fire is hard to see and the Cold effects are impossible to see.
At least you don't see that "Smoldering Red Fuzzed Out Fog Floor" much any more, I used to close my eyes and hope I would luckily bump into the exit on my way around!
just add more mobs there blizz!!what's wrong with u???ingeom don't quite effective there...
Aesthetically, I quite enjoy the Shrouded Moors map. Perhaps, its size could be limited to two large areas, not three, and the map could appear less frequently. Those would be meaningful improvements. However, as others have pointed out, monster density requires a precipitous increase. While no Rift map is perfect, the Shrouded Moors is too sparsely populated to provide players with an incentive to clear the entire map, let alone plod from one end to the other.

Honestly, why is this even an issue that the players should have to raise with the developers? Does nobody at Blizzard actually play the game?