Diablo Immortal trailer

General Discussion
Its very close to 1 million dislikes, yet blizzard is still hiding around 300k dislikes. No joke. You can't hide the truth from everyone Blizz. Just stop it already. You made a bad game, we get it. Scrap it and move on.
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA
03/03/2019 10:24 PMPosted by Hellsspawn

lol, +956K
Last year, if someone had told me that a blizzard cinematic trailer or video would end up garnering a massive amount of dislikes, far more than the number of likes, I'd had thought them mad.

But lo and behold, here we are...
so what? they will release it anyway (and a lot will probably play it), there are still ppl who play D3.....they actually dont even care. Blizz as we once known is dead
According to the 5th core value of Blizzard's Mission Statement, "Every Voice Matters."

...as they then go on to ignore a million people who disliked their trailer, boos at their own self-congratulating convention, a 250 page thread full of concerned fans, and an untold amount of feedback from other sources. There has been no response other than a stuttering trainwreck of a man asking people if they have phones, and a CM posting "we hear you."

Come to think of it, when was the last time you felt like your voice mattered?
03/03/2019 10:24 PMPosted by Hellsspawn

Original is at 734k dislikes while at reality it had 956k; that's around 222k dislikes removed. They stopped their nonsense only after 1 and half months. No move, on Blizz' part made ever since. Also there are more than one trailer for D:I. One of them actually is around 300k dislikes but that's not the one you linked.
I only started playing WoW because I was waiting for D3. In that time, they destroyed both.

Blizzard is no longer synonymous with games as of 2012. You guys are flipping out for Titanic 2.0, but learn from my experience.

Even though you hate them with every ounce of your soul, there is an army of kids out there who are just itching to turn into the future of gaming fans. They have no idea about today's drama and just want to play games. Your crusade of spite may be less effective than you think.

Pragmatically, understand that entertainment may never again cost as little as D3, or keep you interested in pulling slot machine arms for quite as long.
So 1 million people took time out of their day to watch the video and to 'dislike it', which means that it's being seen a lot which is free advertising for the game.
Dislikes mean nothing, the fact that the trailer is being viewed does.
03/04/2019 03:00 PMPosted by Soma
So 1 million people took time out of their day to watch the video and to 'dislike it', which means that it's being seen a lot which is free advertising for the game.
Dislikes mean nothing, the fact that the trailer is being viewed does.

What kind of mental gymnastics is this? If the video was monetized and Blizzard were getting paid per view, then yeah I'd agree. But this isnt Friday by Rebecca Black. This isn't a case where notoriaty can still produce $$$.

Still not convinced? Then explain why Blizzard was deleting comments and removing dislikes, if views is the only important thing?
Unfortunately one of those views was mine to see what they were possibly thinking touting a phone game as the next big game for Diablo at a gaming convention that focuses mostly on PC gamers.

Regrets were had.
03/04/2019 03:18 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
Unfortunately one of those views was mine to see what they were possibly thinking touting a phone game as the next big game for Diablo at a gaming convention that focuses mostly on PC gamers.

Regrets were had.

I think a decent percentage of people viewed the trailer for the same reason as you.
Hum .... my thought, let answer 2 questions honestly first :-

1) How much the game play of a game can a trailer tell us?

2) Imagine if Blizzard announce "Diablo 3 Eternal Collection" to mobile and "Diablo : Immortal" to Switch in BlizzCon, will you still hate mobile and neutral to Switch?

If you don't lie to yourself you will understand those "dislikes" are simply reflecting "how hate a Diablo new content had been announced to non-PC platform" and "how high the demand of new Diablo PC content", not related to the game itself and its platform, especially mobile game is no relation to PC gamer ^^.

"Mobile is evil" is not your source of hate but the result of your hate!
03/04/2019 05:45 PMPosted by WCLee

2) Imagine if Blizzard announce "Diablo 3 Eternal Collection" to mobile and "Diablo : Immortal" to Switch in BlizzCon, will you still hate mobile and neutral to Switch?

If you don't lie to yourself you will understand those "dislikes" are simply reflecting "how hate a Diablo new content had been announced to non-PC platform" and "how high the demand of new Diablo PC content", not related to the game itself and its platform, especially mobile game is no relation to PC gamer ^^.

You don't seem to understand that Diablo Immortal isn't a fresh game on an unwanted platform. It's another tired D3 port that's been dumbed down and condense even further for mobile, which Blizzard sub-contracted to a Chinese mobile developer that's already published several clones.

If Diablo Immortal was even remotely viable as a console or PC experience then Blizzard would have made it multi-platform for even more profit. They didn't and they don't have plans to. Why? Because it's a cheap cash grab mobile game.
The scary thing is, the folks who downvoted the video, were only downvoting it because of the IDEA of a mobile game. They didn’t actually give it a chance. The cinematic was pretty great.

The sad part is, even if the game is great as far as mobile games go, people will be dishonest and say it is bad, just because they are eternally butt-hurt about it. They completely ignore that they have had diablo 4 in the works for awhile, and scraped it at least once and are reworking it again, and that the mobile game isn’t replacing our pc title that we want so bad. The craze people got (including myself to an extent) when a mobile game was announced is an amazing example of people literally losing their minds, and not thinking straight for months on end. The same people who think the phone jokes are still catchy and humorous.

Yup, we are disappointed. Nope, it’s not the future of diablo.
03/04/2019 07:35 PMPosted by Hackusations
03/04/2019 05:45 PMPosted by WCLee

You don't seem to understand that Diablo Immortal isn't a fresh game on an unwanted platform. It's another tired D3 port that's been dumbed down and condense even further for mobile, which Blizzard sub-contracted to a Chinese mobile developer that's already published several clones.

If Diablo Immortal was even remotely viable as a console or PC experience then Blizzard would have made it multi-platform for even more profit. They didn't and they don't have plans to. Why? Because it's a cheap cash grab mobile game.

It could be a cheap cash grab. It totally could be. But do you know that for sure? You don’t, yet. So let’s wait and see. Lots of people want free to play apps and games and then get angry that they have to pay for stuff inside of the game. The only time I get angry is when you are blocked from progression and constantly have to fork over money. Well, I’ve never actually done that because I haven’t played a mobile game yet that is worth spending any money on. But if diablo immortal is really good, and it cost a couple of bucks to play a hero, and is otherwise free, and there are no other money walls, then I wouldn’t call it a cash grab. We will see how good the game play is, and what the systems are like. Then if they are cash-grabby I will absolutely join everyone in blowing up about diablo immortal.
03/04/2019 07:54 PMPosted by Avenge
were only downvoting it because of the IDEA of a mobile game.
I would downvote the idea of smashing my foot. Sure, it might lead to discovering new strengths and adventures of which I would have otherwise been unaware, but call me a little bit incredulous.

03/04/2019 02:22 AMPosted by Oblivion
Last year, if someone had told me that a blizzard cinematic trailer or video would end up garnering a massive amount of dislikes, far more than the number of likes, I'd had thought them mad.
That happens for every one of their new WoW mount releases over the past few years.
Guy's,

Blizzard is not Blizzard anymore. Activation has taken over. D4 will not get released and they are moving to a mobile games company. They don't care about its core fan base. They made that very clear at blizzcon. RIP Blizzard and Bioware.
reminds me i forgot to go put a thumbs down on it.

thanks