Season 17 Season of Geed

General Discussion
Season 17 Season of Geed
All prices of Blood Shards is 50% off. And Blood Shards drops are now double
We already had Season of Greed.

Now Season of Blood...
Personally, I would find that season a pain, since I'd end up being overburden with blood shards at a faster rate.
Season of Silly Walks. Have to complete season Chapters 1 - 4 to enroll in the Ministry of Silly Walks and make to [chapter] Guardian to become Grand Master of Silly Walks.
You can't take half off of 25 so the half off part doesn't really work.

And the double drops is just another way to reduce prices but it falls into the issue of filling up the capacity twice as fast. Rather than either force players to visit Kadala twice as much or work out some sort of seasonal increase, it would be easier to just roll all of these buffs into the prices.

50% off + double currency is really just 4x buying power. If you bump it just a little to 5x then all of the current prices are evenly divisible. 5 for armor, 10 for rings, 15 for weapons and 20 for amulets.

But whether 2x, 4x, or 5x buying power you'd still end up filling up your inventory more times per trip, so it becomes more critical to move Kadala closer to the blacksmith (i.e. Act 1 town layout if they don't make layout changes to the other towns).

Personally I'd rather see a seasonal theme that changed play style - like the season of LoN suggestions.
No, i doubt we'll see any more simple changes like double this or 50% that. This season was very popular with the RoRG buff that most likely going forward, season themes are going to be game mechanic changes instead of just double this like we had in S14 and S15.
That is a Geed suggestion.
Why would you ever contemplate something as boring as this after experiencing the RoRG buff? They're definitely on the right track with the S16 theme. If they go back to something lame like double this or that, which has zero impact on build diversity or gameplay, then I'll definitely sit out. Probably going to sit out anyway because I'll be busy playing Grim Dawn (expansion releasing this month w00t).

The theme is going to have to be something really interesting to make me think about spending time on D3 next season.
03/04/2019 09:58 AMPosted by GoldenDay
Season 17 Season of Geed

Boring. More time spent in town.
They extended S16 to finish working on our "something" treat for S17 and have time to test on PTR before S17 launch.

Stay with me here....THIS implies they already have decided on what S17 theme will be.

K. So you can all stop coming up with these brilliant (horrible) ideas because:
1). They were never coming into General to follow your post to get direction
2). EVEN if they did, which they NEVER would, They would have done it by now x three weeks.

K. give it a rest.
03/05/2019 12:10 PMPosted by Rebel7254
Why would you ever contemplate something as boring as this after experiencing the RoRG buff? They're definitely on the right track with the S16 theme.
So what about standard Nemesis bracers?
facepalm
Season of Loot: Amount of loot dropped from enemies is increased by 100%. So, with the scaling of Torment levels as well as whatever the RNG is for random loot drops, you will get double that.

Season of Friendship: You can have all 3 Followers out at the same time. Would be interesting with the combination of "effect" legendary items you can put on the followers (like Oculus Ring x3) and such. Although this a very boring theme, but a unique one.

Season of Shrines/Pylons: Shrines/pylons appear in groups of 2. Would be so cool to run any sort of content (bounties, rifts) and each time you run into a shrine there would automatically be 2 of them right there. Think of the combination potential...
03/04/2019 09:58 AMPosted by GoldenDay
Wouldn't that just mean that the prices of blood shard goods are 75% off?

Yea honestly, the blood shard mechanic is sort of a nuisance overall. You already get legendaries from drops, but now we get legendaries from... not drops. They could just increase the drop rate and hang that lady on a pike outside of town.

The only real difference is Kadala's drops can't ever be traded.
03/06/2019 11:47 AMPosted by Kaef

Season of Shrines/Pylons: Shrines/pylons appear in groups of 2. Would be so cool to run any sort of content (bounties, rifts) and each time you run into a shrine there would automatically be 2 of them right there. Think of the combination potential...

Would be better if shrine effects lasted 2x-5x longer and always spawned an elite pack.
I actually kind of like the follower idea. SOunds interesting
Wouldn't a Season themed around Gheed double the price?
This might be a silly question but when season 17 starts will that end the rorg bonus for my seasonal 16 characters? Or will that perk just continue existing on only those characters?