WW Solo Barb has always been broken/exploited.

General Discussion
WW Solo Barb has always been broken/exploited.

I say this because my NS WW can be passed in 2 days play time (less than 4 hours total at the monent) using IK HOTA.
It is my first time playing it and with no idea how it works I did a GR55.
I also am missing some really huge pieces. Just getting the Aquila Cuirass will get me my 70. I have not rolled a single stat, running what i was given from the journey. Leg gems not leveled and so on.

This breaks my heart Blizzard knowing that with no time and effort and most likely no Augs i will easily pass my WW NS.

Please fix/buff WW Barb set to where it needs to be and STOP allowing GRs to be paused in Solo so top WW/Ancient Spear players can Exploit it by pausing their game every second for a second.

A GR is meant to take 15 minutes or less, not 25 minutes plus.

IK HOTA feels like the Necro all over again. But fun :D
Well, once upon a time in days of old, the WW Barbs were at the top of the food chain, so to speak, but the DPS gods decided we can't have those scruffy, uncouth, wastes-ed, twirling devils any where high up on the leader boards and besides, they are breaking our servers with there silly little dust-devils!
So out came the "Nurf-Hammer" and they fixed the WW Barbs good and proper and put the Wastes set down to almost as useless as The Blackthorn's set, totally broken. Now for what ever reasons the DPS gods refuse to fix and reinstate the Wastes set to be anywhere close to it's former glory.
For me that build is the most fun build in the game, but for many reasons it is close to the most frustrating build in the game at the same time.
Good luck and remember... "Spin To Win"!
My S16 Hard Core WW Barb Waste Set did a gr 90 after 3 weeks in season.

A Hard Core friend of mine has done gr 100+ with his waste barb this season.

What you do with your build is up to you.

Please don't destroy others accomplishments.
03/09/2019 08:48 PMPosted by Rodnetard
Please fix/buff WW Barb set to where it needs to be and STOP

a discussion about balancing is futile;
-except when the leaderboard reveals a real advantage

my WW Barb :
-can solo a Grift 70
-can tank a Grift 100, with constant DPS support

you see, this subject has several angles to look at it.
and we can shave off a couple more iq points
03/10/2019 02:41 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN

my WW Barb :
-can solo a Grift 70

Yeah the angle is multiplayer has a huge advantage over solo play because it was designed to be that way. The advantage exists for all classes and builds no matter how good or bad they are. It won't be changed.
03/10/2019 11:07 AMPosted by Windigo
Well, once upon a time in days of old, the WW Barbs were at the top of the food chain, so to speak, but the DPS gods decided we can't have those scruffy, uncouth, wastes-ed, twirling devils any where high up on the leader boards and besides, they are breaking our servers with there silly little dust-devils!

It was the old way pain enhanser was calculated that was breaking the servers. And that is also my main point with this post. Current WW/Ancient Spear top pushes are done by collecting a level worth of mobs and pausing and unpausing the game so the servers can catch up. We cant do the in multiplayer so why can we do it in Solo?

If Blizz were to stop allowing players to pause Solo GRs this could not be taken advantage of which means they could buff the set to where it needs to be.

Any group has 15 minutes or less of server time, why should Solo WW barbs use 25 minutes worth and call it legit?

03/10/2019 12:27 PMPosted by Chetanji
My S16 Hard Core WW Barb Waste Set did a gr 90 after 3 weeks in season.

A Hard Core friend of mine has done gr 100+ with his waste barb this season.

What you do with your build is up to you.

Please don't destroy others accomplishments.

I dont want to destroy others accomplishments I just think it is unfair use of Solo GR Mechanics/Server time. WW this season is totally capable of 110. That was my plan until I tried IK HOTA.

03/10/2019 02:41 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN

my WW Barb :
-can solo a Grift 70

IK HOTA in 5 hours of play can tank a Solo 80. There is an imbalance from IK HOTA to WW. Also again this is my first time playing IK HOTA.
So your major complaint is that IK HOTA is a more powerful build than WW?

Get over it. No class is equal in all their set builds' capabilities.
Did 75 on a WoL monk with no ancients about a half hour after leveling to 70.
Wheres the exploit? You talking about pausing it because of lag/FPS issues? Thats hardly an exploit. The build requires huge packs of density to make it work and with the area damage procs going off on a bazillion mobs at once, its going to lag like crazy when their servers are already high latency prone. Its tricky to balance WW because what do you do? Make it so area damage doesn't work with WW? Nerf attack speed and buff the damage again? Its in a decent spot right now, you just need to practice with playing it as it requires better than casual play style to make it work properly.
03/11/2019 04:25 AMPosted by Mupasthech
Its in a decent spot right now, you just need to practice with playing it as it requires better than casual play style to make it work properly.

I will agree with that. Think WW will just be my material farmer from now on.

Having fun learning HOTA and am going to be trying my hand at a Zbarb next. Might give a go at ZWW just for fun. Thanks for responses everyone.
03/10/2019 11:07 AMPosted by Windigo
but the DPS gods decided we can't have those scruffy, uncouth, wastes-ed, twirling devils any where high up on the leader boards

ha, is had nothing to do with DPS gods. it's was a bunch of morons crying in masses on these forums asking Blizz to nerf it.
Servers couldn't handle WW in high GRs
03/12/2019 07:33 PMPosted by strawbrrygrl
Servers couldn't handle WW in high GRs

That is why you are playing a IK Hota and kicking butt!