Suggestion. RROG S16 BUFF Permanent

General Discussion
What is everyone's thoughts on adding this buff permanently into the game. IE you will no longer have to farm the item, but rather make a quest line to unlock this unique power to permanently gain access to this ability. My thoughts are Blizzard may have been doing this seasonal buff as a test run for a future permanent instalment to improve build diversity within Diablo 3. That is just a theory, I could be wrong, but I'm curious what others think about this and if it is generally a desired outcome. In my personal opinion, it has added a lot of new and exciting gameplay to the Diablo 3 world and it would be overall a good decision to add this permanently to the game, so Non seasonal players could also enjoy these new builds created as a result of the seasonal buff.
No, NS botters should never get a taste of the RORG goodness.

....it is for seasonal botters only.
Yet another thread on this matter which is extremely unlikely to happen.

You couldn't use any existing ones?
02/02/2019 10:13 AMPosted by Kirottu

Most of the threads are complaints about NS being excluded. I'm not talking about that. I'm saying let's add it to the game permanently. Why do you believe it's extremely unlikely? Blizzard is trying to promote build diversity whenever they can and it's an easy way to do that and satisfy a lot of the players.
No, I'm talking about exactly about the matter you asked. There are countless threads about people demanding to make the RoRG buff permanent.
02/02/2019 10:30 AMPosted by Kirottu
No, I'm talking about exactly about the matter you asked. There are countless threads about people demanding to make the RoRG buff permanent.
All the more reason to implement it, thanks!
I'm just going to re-post this from a similar thread.
01/24/2019 06:09 AMPosted by Idolis
That's the point, it's a season theme. If they make all season themes permanent then it defeats the purpose of having season themes.Let's just let seasons be different than Non Season. That's the way it should have been from the start.They tried it when they introduced season only items, which basically made non season players play half a game for 3 months.Buffs like the RoRG, doesn't do that and ideas like it should stay in season.Maybe next season's theme would be even better. Till then, enjoy the buff while you can.
Tbh its not that interesting of an effect when you get into the higher end of things.

It basically just allows builds who would cube/wear RoRG to function to run around with a CotE instead, buffing their damage by 50% (averaging it for simplicity's sake) without much added gameplay value.
02/02/2019 10:32 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
02/02/2019 10:30 AMPosted by Kirottu
All the more reason to implement it, thanks!

Collective stupidity isn’t more reason to do something.

They need to do more things like RORG going forward. Not keep it in the game.

You sure about that? You have faith that they'll come up with a better solution to make next season playable? As awesome as it is, and how much power and new takes on builds formed with it, they kind of dug themselves into a corner with next season in which OP's suggestion might have to be the solution going forward. No one is going to want to play a season with less power. I don't even think CoE free will suffice, many builds will break even or preform worse or not at all.
02/02/2019 09:26 PMPosted by MasterJay

You sure about that? You have faith that they'll come up with a better solution to make next season playable? As awesome as it is, and how much power and new takes on builds formed with it, they kind of dug themselves into a corner with next season in which OP's suggestion might have to be the solution going forward. No one is going to want to play a season with less power. I don't even think CoE free will suffice, many builds will break even or preform worse or not at all.

People play Path of Exile all the time when the relative power level between Leagues is different.

Don’t get stuck in a mold where you think a free item is the only Seasonal thing they can do to make things interesting or different or fun.
02/02/2019 03:05 PMPosted by Griever
Tbh its not that interesting of an effect when you get into the higher end of things.

It basically just allows builds who would cube/wear RoRG to function to run around with a CotE instead, buffing their damage by 50% (averaging it for simplicity's sake) without much added gameplay value.

Others will use unity/AC/…

The damage mitigation buff is more important. Some builds will suffer hard next season.

And btw: You cannot only use another ring, you can also use another armory piece.
Same thing was said about double goblins, and double caches, and every other season theme that is going to come........

Just stop it
02/02/2019 10:05 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
What is everyone's thoughts on adding this buff permanently into the game. IE you will no longer have to farm the item, but rather make a quest line to unlock this unique power to permanently gain access to this ability. My thoughts are Blizzard may have been doing this seasonal buff as a test run for a future permanent instalment to improve build diversity within Diablo 3. That is just a theory, I could be wrong, but I'm curious what others think about this and if it is generally a desired outcome. In my personal opinion, it has added a lot of new and exciting gameplay to the Diablo 3 world and it would be overall a good decision to add this permanently to the game, so Non seasonal players could also enjoy these new builds created as a result of the seasonal buff.
rather have the double bounty materials or double goblins,the ring does nothing for me using ue set.

You could not just !@#$ and let people post what they want? If you do not like it, do not read it. The choice is up to you, and you chose poorly.
02/03/2019 05:58 PMPosted by TracersBum

You could not just !@#$ and let people post what they want? If you do not like it, do not read it. The choice is up to you, and you chose poorly.

I'd say someone who chose to name themselves after a fictional hero's backside shouldn't really be calling anybody out on choices.
02/03/2019 02:01 PMPosted by FusRoDah
rather have the double bounty materials or double goblins,the ring does nothing for me using ue set.

Having the buff does allow you to use cindercoat or magefist while keeping COE in the cube, so it does give even UE a little power boost.
It's no different to having set bonuses apply at 2, 3, & 5, intead of 2, 4, & 6. Would this not be a better way to do it rather than make existing power of RoRG completely useless? If some one wanted to use RoRG then they can, which will allow for more variety in builds.
02/03/2019 11:35 AMPosted by KiWeN
Same thing was said about double goblins, and double caches, and every other season theme that is going to come........

Just stop it

Those things aren't required to make builds function optimally, RoRG is. Yah the whole has been dug, we'll see if they can cover it up.
02/03/2019 07:39 PMPosted by MOE
It's no different to having set bonuses apply at 2, 3, & 5, intead of 2, 4, & 6. Would this not be a better way to do it rather than make existing power of RoRG completely useless? If some one wanted to use RoRG then they can, which will allow for more variety in builds.

I think the poblem is, with only 4 piece needed with RRoG, certain class can wear 2 full sets, which make it way too OP.

Removed RRoG or redo the leg power. Maybe allow LON build to have up 2 set bonus with it. That will be interesting, & not game breaking consider the big bonus is usually on the final bonus.