PTR just got a 24MB patch?

General Discussion
Literally just got an update to the Diablo 3 PTR in the past 5 minutes. Wonder what's up?
ya noticed that too...
I am not sure what is was for, I went into the PTR after it down loaded, and is said it was down for maintenance (code 33). Text: "Battle.net is down for maintenance. Please try again later."
I decided to check this out and it updated for me too. It was ~51 MB. I clicked on "View Patch Notes" and it says, "Last updated October 12 @ 3:20 p.m. PDT" (That's 10/12/2017).

When I clicked the "Play" button I had to log in first and then received the message that the server was down for maintenance.

Edit: Oh, and even though the Blizzard App says "Patch 2.6.4.55430", the PTR Patch Notes are for "Patch 2.6.1".
02/04/2019 03:22 PMPosted by Perusoe
Edit: Oh, and even though the Blizzard App says "Patch 2.6.4.55430", the PTR Patch Notes are for "Patch 2.6.1".

I see that as well. Something up loaded, I just have no idea what it was. It also appears that the PTR forums are still read only. Could it be that season 17 will have a PTR?
Season 17 will be a rollback to 2.6.1 :-)
Maybe Blizz finally got some decent college interns.

Too bad they all have to graduate eventually and Blizz is too cheap to actually pay anyone to code D3....
Probably a patch deployed to remove it
Tripple damage for everyone. yay.
02/04/2019 04:06 PMPosted by SimpleDave
Too bad they all have to graduate eventually and Blizz is too cheap to actually pay anyone to code D3....

I have no idea what is up with the PTR, but have to correct this.

You might be joking, but just in case you were not - Blizzard not only pays Interns, they pay for travel and housing for the summer program as well and provide a significant mentorship and professional development program. It is one of the better intern programs that exist.
02/04/2019 08:51 PMPosted by MissCheetah
02/04/2019 04:06 PMPosted by SimpleDave

I have no idea what is up with the PTR, but have to correct this.

You might be joking, but just in case you were not - Blizzard not only pays Interns, they pay for travel and housing for the summer program as well and provide a significant mentorship and professional development program. It is one of the better intern programs that exist.

Of course I am joking...but the joke is on us that they've got a skeleton crew spittin out one patch a year...in real life, I work on underfunded projects all the time and have to use lots of interns. Sure we mentor and develop them, but it would sure be nice to actually have some professional staff once in a while.
02/04/2019 02:50 PMPosted by DTMAce
Literally just got an update to the Diablo 3 PTR in the past 5 minutes. Wonder what's up?

ptr for diablo immortal i guess.
A tiny breeze blows by the shore...
...and the fishes make their own ripples
Skip a pebble across the lake...
...and watch all the birds get fed.

~ Cain's Mom ~
02/05/2019 03:57 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Hey all,

I want to clarify that Pain Enhancer, specifically, isn't necessarily the culprit here. However, we have identified an issue with lag that arises primarily at high Greater Rift levels (100+) in 4-man groups. While we sometimes see issues arise in other cases, these high-intensity areas are where the issue appears most reliably.

While we don’t have a current ETA, you may have seen a PTR launch this week that you’re unable to access; that’s because we’re duplicating the live environment to run some of our own tests to hone in on possible solutions. We appreciate all the reports, details, and discussions that have been arising on this issue as it’s already helped immensely in confirming some of our investigations.

Once we have an actionable fix, we’ll follow up with more information. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding while we work to improve your gameplay experience!
Thanks for the echo, SilverFox. :) Was about to hop in here to link to it myself!
Well that proves my initial assumption wrong. I thought it was a patch that is the foundation for the new rewards for the seasons after season 16.
02/05/2019 05:27 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Thanks for the echo, SilverFox. :) Was about to hop in here to link to it myself!

BTW, are we going to have anymore patches & PTR runs?