LoN needs just a lil bit more

General Discussion
We are alrwady well into the season.

I just read an article about the best LoN builds per class. It seems like most could go to a 100GR, which means they are basically about 30-50% on average weaker than the set builds.

I feel like a 1200-1300% bonus would push the LoN to the same level as the standard for the set builds and make the game even more diverse.

I would love to try a LoN Frenzy Barb :)
02/14/2019 10:01 AMPosted by Herowar
I would love to try a LoN Frenzy Barb :)

Good news!

You can do that right now! When you actually play (level 1 DH is your only character?), I think you'll find a lot of variety.

:-)
He's not wrong. A build that requires every piece to be ancient should out perform a 6 piece Herds gift set with guaranteed worst possible stat rolls.

But you downvote trolls know best.
The only change LoN needs is to remove the rings completely and have it as a passive bonus that activates when you have zero set bonuses in effect.
02/14/2019 10:18 AMPosted by Prology
He's not wrong. A build that requires every piece to be ancient should out perform a 6 piece Herds gift set with guaranteed worst possible stat rolls.

But you downvote trolls know best.

Yeap :)
02/14/2019 11:38 AMPosted by Ham
The only change LoN needs is to remove the rings completely and have it as a passive bonus that activates when you have zero set bonuses in effect.

Agreed this will open up a lot of possibilities.

This would be the simple way out, but personally, I think they need to continue to rework and balance class legendary items.

Then LoN would have some actual value, but as longa s the multipliers vary so greatly between class legendary items, LoN will never be a class to class balance or even a build to build balance within a class.
02/15/2019 09:30 AMPosted by Demonmonger

This would be the simple way out, but personally, I think they need to continue to rework and balance class legendary items.

Then LoN would have some actual value, but as longa s the multipliers vary so greatly between class legendary items, LoN will never be a class to class balance or even a build to build balance within a class.

I agree, but that's a separate issue than removing the rings. There are way too many skills in this game with zero supporting items. If they removed the set dependency and introduced a few more items per class that would be amazing... but I think at this stage in the games life the best we can hope for is getting the LoN bonus as a passive much like they did for RRoG in the season.

much as I wouldnt mind it, it would be likely to kill most of the sets.
i closed 121 with lon condemn on my low paragon
02/14/2019 10:01 AMPosted by Herowar
I just read an article about the best LoN builds per class. It seems like most could go to a 100GR

LoN builds are straight forward, I believe those guides are skipping some key components to create a good LoN build. Recent boost must have carried LoN builds way above GR100. Either you focus on highest damage skill or find a legendary where it offers ever-stacking damage multipliers on a LoN build. Rest is about if you wanna be a channel spec or hectic and what features you need to utilize with your attacks.

Most of those guides generally overlook how damage proc legendaries could be useful to double or tripple your damage output at channel specs to be honest. Some needs mass crowd control for spreading DoT effects or nail down area damage. Some are glass cannon single target oriented builds and they need clones, a guardian pet or charm/confuse to take aggro away to pin targets down. Some hectic builds play based on thorns, low health thresholds, health globes and nephalem glory like zDPS as well.

I'm not too deep into LoN builds but experimenting around generally the best way to learn instead of reading guides at this state before builds start to solidify.
But what kind of logic is that. You want power buffs coming from nowhere. How would that be defined?
I'd be happy with getting the second ring. All I seem to find are litanies. RNG seems to really have it out for me this season.
02/15/2019 10:44 AMPosted by Skyfall

much as I wouldnt mind it, it would be likely to kill most of the sets.

It's an END Game build.

You farm yellows from 1-70
You farm set items until you get a 6 pc complete set.
Now you run the 6 pc build in rifts and GR's until you get 12 pieces of ancient gear you would normally insta salvage, and use that for LoN.
End Game --> run LoN in highest GR for paragon and augments.

Honestly it would not kill the sets until you grind out the 12 ancient or prmals you need for your LoN build. Your not grinding those items without the full set bonus or else it would take 2 years farming T1.
It needs more damage reduction because it takes away two precious ring slots, ideally 6% per ancient for max 78% damage reduction.
02/15/2019 04:49 PMPosted by Prology
It's an END Game build.

Why ? Because you say so ?

Its a build that relies on a flat damage modifier that comes from wearing ANY ancient items.

If you happen to find the right supporting legendaries, its quite possible you get it rolling before you would complete an ancient set.
02/15/2019 09:30 AMPosted by Demonmonger

I really dislike the huge multipliers on certain legendary items. Not only does it make it so that it makes other legendaries that don't give you huge multiplier for your offense or defense useless, it indirectly shoehorn your character builds into certain skills that has these overly powerful supporting legendaries as a result. Legendaries should just have cool procs or augmentations to the skill to perform in different interesting ways. That way, players can actually build with LON without being too compelled to use certain legendaries because they give stupid high damage to pass up. So much wasted potential here.

Blizzard gutted proc skills. Proc skills are cool and fun, yet they are utterly useless once you gear up because set bonuses and certain legendaries give so damn much damage or defense multipliers to certain class skills. It's so ridiculous, really makes me frustrated at these design decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xvyw4YsABY

Quin69 pointed out this issue in 2015 and now in 2019, the problem has only gotten worse and Blizzard does not care.

This would be really cool, and would actually reflect the inherent difficulty of acquiring decent ancient gear in the first place. It's pretty baffling even a basic unoptimized non-ancient set is able to outperform a finely tuned LoN setup.

I'd even extend this effect to non ancient gear as well, albeit, with reduced bonuses for obvious reasons. Say for instance non ancient items would add 375% damage and 2%dr, rather than the 750%/4% of the current ancient items. It would actually open a lot of variety especially shortly after hitting 70, making that early grind a bit more interesting than just rushing to Haedrig's welfare and completely forgetting anything outside these sets even exists.
02/14/2019 10:07 AMPosted by DonMartin
Good news!

You can do that right now! When you actually play (level 1 DH is your only character?), I think you'll find a lot of variety.

:-)

Lol xD