Botters

General Discussion
are they banning bots anymore i came back to the game after a long break seem like so many people are botting than ever before.
They ban bots in season only (on eu at least).
If they ban bots, there would be no one online anymore...
02/15/2019 04:55 AMPosted by SteLitY

That's not true.

A lot of people play who don't use cheats.....I am included in that group.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
02/15/2019 05:14 AMPosted by SerialKiller

That's such BS.

They ban bots, usually late in season, so they dont have time to get high enough to do it again. To be clear they ban bots, not people you accuse of botting, not players better than you, not account sharing, not people who have no life. Bots, and not all of them just some.
ban wave will happen shortly after maintenance, patience pls..

Blizzard has had a streak for many seasons already, this should be no exception.
02/14/2019 10:48 PMPosted by FHvoids
are they banning bots anymore i came back to the game after a long break seem like so many people are botting than ever before.

The ones that were baning the botters were fired.
02/15/2019 06:46 AMPosted by Ouroboros
The ones that were baning the botters were fired.

No doubt.

ActiBlizz fired almost everyone that was not involved in production of games.

2019 is going to be a dry year for any published games from Blizzard.
For most Diablo 3 players on the leaderboards botting IS the game.

People don't understand that botting is an art form. Creating efficient scripts and builds IS the game, actually playing Diablo 3 is only a small part of the game. As you level up higher and higher, instead of playing the game you get to create new scripts and builds the higher you go. That IS the game for many and is far more rewarding to see your scripts work well than manually doing a Grift for the 1000th time and get nothing. I dont bot. These are the reasons that are given to me from people that I know who do bot.
02/15/2019 07:41 AMPosted by Evoportals
Creating efficient scripts and builds IS the game,

Their excuses only change by the game, I give no credit to that. Botting is generally about money via item trading or underground markets. All botters know they'll blew it somewhere if they keep it up.
They usually wait to ban them till near the end of the season. Within about a couple a weeks before the season ends would be their time to ban them. That way the botter couldn't get a new account and get right back to where they were when they were before they got banned.

That's not true.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

If you didn't figure it out, it was just a joke. It meant that the population of D3 players dropped significantly. The joke was if blizz banned bots, there would be nobody online and it would look bad in front of shareholders.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That's such BS.

They ban bots, usually late in season, so they dont have time to get high enough to do it again. To be clear they ban bots, not people you accuse of botting, not players better than you, not account sharing, not people who have no life. Bots, and not all of them just some.
Your post highlighted the fact that Blizzard needs to be more vigilant in going after all cheaters.

Where are you XS3 on the seasonal leaderboard? My brother wants to know.

That's not true.

Is this a joke that this guys post had to be changed to not say "BS" in it.
i'd be surprised if they did ANYTHING at all.
this game is now beyond maintenance mode...
they aren't even trying anymore :)
02/14/2019 10:48 PMPosted by FHvoids

So many people cheat and bot now. They think there good. There probably fat unemployed ppl sitting at home
Game has as many bots as d2 now its just sad
I wish they would ban bots on sight, I see people in my friend list gain gear upgrades and 100's of Paragon overnight, it's ridiculous.
Blizzard does not want to spend the time and money getting rid of cheaters. Cheaters are ruining this game. And cheaters if they are caught just buy another account and they are back in the next day. Blizzard needs to alter the game to make cheating not as profitable. Time limits would be one way where when you start playing after 8 hours your drop rate goes way down. I see people who run 20 plus hours each and every day and you can tell no one spends that kind of time on any game.
Please ban some more botters. Our clan is at it's 150 members limit and i'm quite sure a ban would make a lot of room for new members to join...