why's everything require so many VEILED CRYSTALS

General Discussion
can't even play
Run bounties or use kanai's cube conversion recipe to gain more crystals.
Double bounties...oh you need a time machine for that...
Weird, I never run out of Veiled Crystals. My problem is always Death Breaths and Reusable Parts.

Between bounties, rifts and Kadala you should end up with more than enough crystals.
i was gonna reply but it cost too many veiled crystals.
firstly it's friday night, so lighten up

go look at recipes, particularly enchanting, everything does cost a disproportionate amount of veiled crystals
03/02/2019 12:38 AMPosted by Mer

go look at recipes, particularly enchanting, everything does cost a disproportionate amount of veiled crystals
they are also available at a disproportionate drop rate. Pretty much everything that drops in torments is Yellow. Salvaging that at the Blacksmith gives Veiled Crystals
When you need to do a lot of enchanting on your gear you will burn through all of your Veiled Crystals. Once your gear is enchanted they quickly become the most abundant material and Deaths Breath become the crafting bottleneck. If you farm with Sage set, you will start running out of Reusable Parts.
Here is my method to getting veiled crystals. There are a few maps that drop tons of white items for the reusable parts. I salvage until I have about 10k more than I need because depending on the quality you get like 6 to 9 reusable parts( per white). Technically you can farm whites the fastest. Then use a sage build for whichever class to make sure you have plenty of DB’s. Then all the yellows you pick up after one T13 rift run can be converted over to veiled crystals at stacks of 100 until you’ve converted over 10k of reusable parts to 10k veiled crystals. That is the fastest farming I know to do. It also only takes 100 deaths breaths to do this. If your use a sage build for your class that’s 3 to 5 DB’s per elite pack. I end up with between 50 to 100 per rift.

Farming the Whites takes the longest but doesn’t take that long.
I always end up converting a bunch of Veiled Crystals to Reusable Parts every Season.
I pick up all the blue and white items I see. These DE down into multiple parts, unlike yellows. Then I just convert. Converting is kind of a pain, but I never lack for crystals using this method.
Just blast rifts and grifts for a while... Farm up 10 or so keys, then do a few grifts, then repeat. You'll get new gear along the way and end up with an abundance of veiled crystals. Don't make trips to town for just salvaging yellow items. You can convert blues and whites to yellows at a MUCH higher rate that you can find them, so pick up any blues/whites as already said by someone.
If you forge rings at the jeweler, and these only require Jem's, you can salvage them for vc's. I have thousands of gems, so when I get low, I just craft a few hundred rings.
03/02/2019 01:46 AMPosted by SykoMcCrazy
03/02/2019 12:38 AMPosted by Mer

they are also available at a disproportionate drop rate. Pretty much everything that drops in torments is Yellow. Salvaging that at the Blacksmith gives Veiled Crystals

Salvage white items, get a lot of parts.

Salvage blue items, get a few parts.

Salvage yellow items, GET ONE PART.

Yeah, they are disproportionate alright.

I use the crap out of that convert materials recipe. I just WISH that you could do more than a lousy 100 at a time... THAT'S the stupid part.
03/01/2019 10:40 PMPosted by Bravata
this quote costed me 10 death breaths. FFS!
One veiled crystal for each yellow part, yes, but all that drops in Torments are yellow.

Overall, balanced drops of all types of crafting mats I believe.
03/02/2019 09:25 PMPosted by IamLegion
03/01/2019 10:40 PMPosted by Bravata
this quote costed me 10 death breaths. FFS!

You just cost me 6,000 dollars... 6,000 dollars and one Cadillac!
Ask Meteorblade to give you some
this really was supposed to be a fun/silly thread but since it took off

it seems that bounties are the best way, of everything listed above - except crafting jewelry with excess gems, i hadn't tried that but it seems legit

i was avoiding bounties because they are horrific but in public games not so bad... still RIP bonus bounty

up til that i was spamming rifts/grifts and still had hundreds more DBs than veiled crystals

DBs drop by the 4-5 with sage's set, from every elite pack, brainless to farm
03/01/2019 09:39 PMPosted by Mer
can't even play

Build additional Pyl-- Nah, just solo or pub bounties