How to get the Bones of Rathma Set?

General Discussion
So I'm new to the game and I just finished the story. I play a Necromancer and I wanted to get the Bones of Rathma set but am not sure how to do it. My character is not a seasonal character if that helps.
Farm for it. Drops, Gamble w/ Kadala. Cubing.
Just play the game normally in Adventure Mode on a max level (70) Necromancer with the difficulty level set to Torment 1 or higher, and set pieces will drop off of mobs (especially elites) or from chests eventually. The higher the Torment level you use, the more likely that set items will drop. (They drop like crazy at Torment 13.) Rift guardians from both normal and greater rifts tend to drop a few to several legendaries and set items when killed, and the drop rate for those rare items is higher in general in normal rifts than in the outside world.

You can also gamble for them at Kadala using blood shards, or you can try upgrading rares (yellows) to legendaries/set items using the Cube recipe (Recipe #3?) for them. If you end up with all the items you need for a set except one but have a duplicate of one particular item (ex., no set helm but two set boots), there is another Cube recipe that lets you randomly convert set items into other items of that same set until you get the one you need. Good luck!
02/21/2019 11:00 PMPosted by Cobaltus
Just play the game normally in Adventure Mode on a max level (70) Necromancer with the difficulty level set to Torment 1 or higher, and set pieces will drop off of mobs (especially elites) or from chests eventually. The higher the Torment level you use, the more likely that set items will drop. (They drop like crazy at Torment 13.) Rift guardians from both normal and greater rifts tend to drop a few to several legendaries and set items when killed, and the drop rate for those rare items is higher in general in normal rifts than in the outside world.

You can also gamble for them at Kadala using blood shards, or you can try upgrading rares (yellows) to legendaries/set items using the Cube recipe (Recipe #3?) for them. If you end up with all the items you need for a set except one but have a duplicate of one particular item (ex., no set helm but two set boots), there is another Cube recipe that lets you randomly convert set items into other items of that same set until you get the one you need. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your detailed response! So I saw that the with the current season, there's that red necromancer armor as a reward for completing it. Will that armor be avilable in drops etc? Or will I have to play season to get it?
02/21/2019 11:46 PMPosted by Zugs
02/21/2019 11:00 PMPosted by Cobaltus

Thank you so much for your detailed response! So I saw that the with the current season, there's that red necromancer armor as a reward for completing it. Will that armor be avilable in drops etc? Or will I have to play season to get it?

The season set drops as well as coming from the Haedrig's Gift.
02/22/2019 12:37 AMPosted by DOA
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The season set drops as well as coming from the Haedrig's Gift.

What is Haedrig's Gift? And does that mean that I won't be able to get it from drops in Adventure? Should I start a Season Character? It seems like such a bother to create a whole new character and level them up to the point where their strong enough.
02/22/2019 01:47 AMPosted by Zugs
What is Haedrig's Gift?
Every Season, each Class can earn one full free Set per Region. You get the first Haedrig's Gift (2 pieces) for completing Season Journey Chapter II (2). You get the second Haedrig's Gift (2 more pieces) for completing Season Journey Chapter III (3). You get the third and final Haedrig's Gift (the rest of the pieces) for completing Season Journey Chapter IV (4).

And does that mean that I won't be able to get it from drops in Adventure?
Adventure Mode is available in Season and non-Season. And all Sets for all Classes can drop in Season or non-Season, Campaign Mode or Adventure Mode.

Should I start a Season Character?
There are extra rewards you can earn in Seasons. An extra Stash Tab for completing the Season Journey Conqueror Chapter, for example. You can also earn Cosmetics: Pets, Portrait Frames, etc.

It seems like such a bother to create a whole new character and level them up to the point where their strong enough.
A skilled, veteran player can level up in a few hours, especially if you have Friends that can help you. Many players Rebirth a non-Season Character. This allows you to start all over again at Level 1 with that Character, but they keep their Lifetime Kills, time played, etc. (If you do this, make sure you stash all your Character's and their Followers' gear before doing so). If you don't stash a Rebirthed Character's gear it will be mailed to your non-Season Characters. Make sure you create another non-Season Character to receive the mail within 30 days or it will be deleted.

You'll want to play Adventure Mode as soon as possible. Adventure Mode is locked in non-Season until you kill Malthael in Act V. Adventure Mode is always unlocked in Seasons.

In Adventure Mode you start with all your Artisans and Followers in town, although you'll still have to Train your Artisans. In Adventure Mode you can access any Waypoint in any Act without having to visit them first. You'll be able to acquire and have access to Kanai's Cube, run Rifts, Greater Rifts and much more.

I see you have a non-Season Necromancer and a Seasonal Crusader, so you may want to just continue with the Crusader.

Good luck and good hunting! :beer_mug:
02/22/2019 02:29 AMPosted by Perusoe
What is Haedrig's Gift?
Every Season, each Class can earn one full free Set per Region. You get the first Haedrig's Gift (2 pieces) for completing Season Journey Chapter II (2). You get the second Haedrig's Gift (2 more pieces) for completing Season Journey Chapter III (3). You get the third and final Haedrig's Gift (the rest of the pieces) for completing Season Journey Chapter IV (4).

And does that mean that I won't be able to get it from drops in Adventure?
Adventure Mode is available in Season and non-Season. And all Sets for all Classes can drop in Season or non-Season, Campaign Mode or Adventure Mode.

Should I start a Season Character?
There are extra rewards you can earn in Seasons. An extra Stash Tab for completing the Season Journey Conqueror Chapter, for example. You can also earn Cosmetics: Pets, Portrait Frames, etc.

It seems like such a bother to create a whole new character and level them up to the point where their strong enough.
A skilled, veteran player can level up in a few hours, especially if you have Friends that can help you. Many players Rebirth a non-Season Character. This allows you to start all over again at Level 1 with that Character, but they keep their Lifetime Kills, time played, etc. (If you do this, make sure you stash all your Character's and their Followers' gear before doing so). If you don't stash a Rebirthed Character's gear it will be mailed to your non-Season Characters. Make sure you create another non-Season Character to receive the mail within 30 days or it will be deleted.

You'll want to play Adventure Mode as soon as possible. Adventure Mode is locked in non-Season until you kill Malthael in Act V. Adventure Mode is always unlocked in Seasons.

In Adventure Mode you start with all your Artisans and Followers in town, although you'll still have to Train your Artisans. In Adventure Mode you can access any Waypoint in any Act without having to visit them first. You'll be able to acquire and have access to Kanai's Cube, run Rifts, Greater Rifts and much more.

I see you have a non-Season Necromancer and a Seasonal Crusader, so you may want to just continue with the Crusader.

Good luck and good hunting! :beer_mug:

Thank you so much for your response!

Well my Seasonal Crusader I just created a day ago to see what was up with Seasonal mode. No idea how to play him at the moment. Thought I could unlock that armor for him also. And if I can unlock all of the gear pieces in Adventure mode I don't see a point in Seasonal other than the wings and pets etc. This season's wings I'm not interested in. Do Wings or pets drop in Adventure mode?

When I created my Necromancer, I should have checked the seasonal box but I didn't know what that was at the time, so I guess I missed out lol. Is there anyway to change a non-seasonal character into a seasonal character?

I just find that having to start a new character and level them up is just such a bother. Like I think I could do it pretty fast with a necromancer now that I have my play style down but to learn a whole other class will take time.

How would I go about playing with others to level up a Crusader for example? Can I do that in Seasonal mode? And why do people rebirth there characters anyway? Just to play? Or is there any special reason to do it?

And that Transmogrify item you can unlock in Seasonal mode, is that one available in Adventure mode?
02/21/2019 10:38 PMPosted by Zugs
So I'm new to the game and I just finished the story. I play a Necromancer and I wanted to get the Bones of Rathma set but am not sure how to do it. My character is not a seasonal character of that helps.

Have people drop a lower quality version they picked up and don't need to you in the cool trading system.
02/22/2019 12:21 PMPosted by Zugs
And if I can unlock all of the gear pieces in Adventure mode I don't see a point in Seasonal other than the wings and pets etc.
Keep in mind, you don't get the free Set in non-Season. Even if you play in Adventure Mode. You'll have to be lucky with Set items dropping from monsters, containers, Kadala and Kanai's Cube. (In other words, grinding and farming). You only get the free Set in Seasonal Adventure Mode.

Is there anyway to change a non-seasonal character into a seasonal character?
Yes. I already explained that in my previous post. Log in with your non-Season Necromancer and stash all their gear and all their Followers' gear. If you don't have anything worth keeping, you can salvage it at the Blacksmith. Then, "Leave Game". "Switch Character". Make sure your Necromancer is still selected and click the "Rebirth" button. This will transfer your Necromancer to Seasons, starting at Level 1. Make sure you have "Adventure Mode" selected before you click the "Start Game" button.

I just find that having to start a new character and level them up is just such a bother.
Not only does rebirthing allow your Character to keep many of their Progression stats, but everything you accomplish transfers over to your non-Season at the end of a Season. (Paragon Point experience, Gold, Mats, Stash Tabs earned -- you get Stash Tabs immediately, for both Season and non-Season, etc.)

How would I go about playing with others to level up a Crusader for example?
Play in Public Games and make Friends. It is better to join a Community and/or Clan.

Can I do that in Seasonal mode?
Yes.

And why do people rebirth there characters anyway? Just to play? Or is there any special reason to do it?
I've answered that twice now. Once in my previous post and up above, in this post. (Read carefully).

And that Transmogrify item you can unlock in Seasonal mode, is that one available in Adventure mode?
I think you mean Primal items (?) Yes, they can be unlocked in Adventure Mode only, Season and non-Season. In Season, you get a free guaranteed Primal item the first time you successfully complete a Greater Rift 70 Solo. (In non-Season, you don't get the guaranteed Primal drop, you just unlock them).

Season 16, First guaranteed Primal drop:
https://youtu.be/mk_hHOHbqZo
02/21/2019 11:46 PMPosted by Zugs
Thank you so much for your detailed response!

You are very welcome. Let us know how it works out for you.
And why do people rebirth there characters anyway?

I have one character (a Wizard) that I reserve for seasonal play. At the beginning of every season, I "rebirth" her to use as my seasonal character. At the end of the season, she's converted back into nonseasonal for a week or so, and I just rebirth her again when the next season starts.

As to why people do it, it's just easier than outright deleting a character to free up a character slot for a new nonseasonal character each time. When you rebirth a character as seasonal, all of that character's gear and items are instantly emailed to your nonseason mailbox for retrieval (within 30 days). Also, the metrics for that character are never lost (hours played and elites killed) even if it is bounced between seasonal and nonseasonal play through multiple rebirths over the years.