Vyr's buff to fix Archon builds

Wizard
Vyr's and Archon have a few problems with the mechanics that make it hard to buff without buffing reverse Archon builds.

I propose the following changes that should make the Vyr's set better overall.
1) Add an Archon ability slot 4 to turn Archon form off.
2) The Swami helm changes to Archon gains the effect of all runes and Archon stacks last for 20 seconds after leaving Archon form
3) Vyr's 2pc set bonus changes to Archon lasts until cancelled.
4) Starfire bonus increased to 200% at max range
5) Deathwish affects Archon channel

I think this would solve all reverse Archon builds and potentially allow Vyr's to be an effective RGK.
I just want cd reduction to be added to the vyr set.
Or, buff it by letting deathwish and everything scale with archon beam and make it like it was in vanilla where every killed mob extended the archon duration. That fixes the archon being bad and reversearchon being too good if anything gets buffed -> makes the build and the skill unique
20 is WAY too short. We shouldn't have to stack CDR. That's just dumb.

The set should grant perma Archon. Simple necessary fix.
Apologies to OP but I disagree with every single one of the suggestions if the goal is to make Vyr Archon competitive again (not that it matters, we're not the ones making the decisions).

Swami is already one of the most powerful legs in the game. Adds all runes + stacks? That's way over the top.

The problem with archon is swami and the fact that reverse archon builds are way stronger than Vyr archon. Vyr frozen orb, Vyr deathwish and LoN star pact will become stronger with any change to Vyr (not the latter build obviously), Fazula or Swami.

Even the suggested starfire bonus really buffs Vyr deathwish (takes the place of Pigsticker, the other weapon is Deathwish). Also, cancelling archon whenever runs the risk of bringing back Tal6/Vyr4 archon (not a Vyr build) and strengthens the two already strong reverse archon Vyr builds (infinite kiting, cancels on CoE circle, restarts kiting).

The key to having one proper archon build is to only buff archon abilities using items exclusively used by it. Since Vyr archon is a build with no "mandatory" weapons and off-hand (probably the only in the game), I would change Chantodo completely. Chantodo cannot be used by any of the aforementioned builds and its mechanism is really outdated (really low damage at high GR, makes you stay in weak non-archon form to gain stacks). A simple change to something like "your archon abilities do triple damage" immediately gives 7 GR levels, a bonus that cannot be used by any reverse archon build (or Tal/Vyr, only Firebird archon).

This change, in addition to opening the window of Manald procs once again to 2.4.3 levels will lead two builds (Vyr archon - and not Firebird due to Manald buff - and Vyr Deathwish reverse archon) into the 120s, instead of having only Tal meteor shower and LoN starpact in that range.
I thought they were never planning on changing class mechanics in this game again. So far the only thing I've seen are number tweaks.
03/10/2019 12:34 PMPosted by alex
I would change Chantodo completely. Chantodo cannot be used by any of the aforementioned builds and its mechanism is really outdated (really low damage at high GR, makes you stay in weak non-archon form to gain stacks). A simple change to something like "your archon abilities do triple damage" immediately gives 7 GR levels, a bonus that cannot be used by any reverse archon build (or Tal/Vyr, only Firebird archon).

Imo, Chantodo should never had been tied to archon exclusively.
02/28/2019 10:15 AMPosted by Oblivion
I just want cd reduction to be added to the vyr set.

Omg I agree so much! If the Akkhan set reduces their ultimate ability by 50%. Vyr should do the exact same thing!
Add Hydra to Archon.
Add to Serpent's Sparker for each hydra the wizards deals 50-65% more damage.
Make chantodos actually beneficial to an archon build.

2 piece bonus:
Reduce archon cooldown by 25%.
Increases damage while in archon by 1% per archon stack.

I think cooldown should be mandatory, but I'm lenient on the damage increase. Perhaps a fixed percent like 10,000%? What do you guys think about buffing chantodos?
Chantodo's attacking when you do would be awesome.

Chantodo's not requiring archon would also be amazing.

Archon could also have the last illusionist skill, mirror images. Allow them to earn stacks or something.