News update?

General Discussion
Can you quit beating around the bush now blizz? Are you or are you not making Diablo 4? Yes you did a youtube video on news on future projects but never confirmed it. Can you give fans a light at the end of the tunnel to give us hope a new installment is being produced. IDGAF if its written on scratch paper. We just need to know its happening.

-Thanks
It's not happening.

-Blizzard
Any announcements won't be until spring at the very earliest. Maybe summer and definitely at blizzcon in the fall.

It's funny how, even days after the new year, people were demanding "where are these projects!? Hmmm?".
A major game announcement like D4 does not happen outside of a major convention.

PAX East in March, Gamescom in August, or Blizzcon in Nov are possible options, if we hear anything this year.
02/06/2019 02:20 PMPosted by MissCheetah
A major game announcement like D4 does not happen outside of a major convention.

PAX East in March, Gamescom in August, or Blizzcon in Nov are possible options, if we hear anything this year.

*crosses fingers for March announcement*

If they were smart, no matter how incomplete it is at this time, they would still announce it. Just to counteract some of the negativity still brewing from the Immortal announcement.
EVEN if they say it's still 3 years away, at least we KNOW SOMEthing is coming

They HAD a convention, Blizzcon, that they screwed up royally, remember? Do they really think already miffed customers are going to wait around a year after that to hear what new crap they're half baking?

I can only hope that they don't put out another "forges are burning hot" hype video, when they got practically nothing to show.
Would you even buy it if they did made it? I wouldn't. In fact i can all but guaranter you that even if Diablo 4 becomes a reality, it will suck.

They will probably notify us via text message through D:Immortal.
02/06/2019 03:01 PMPosted by Shadeofdeath

They HAD a convention, Blizzcon, that they screwed up royally, remember? Do they really think already miffed customers are going to wait around a year after that to hear what new crap they're half baking?

Lol you say that like they had their chance to announce d4 and now there's no turning back. They let fans know before the convention that they were never going to announce it last year. Do remember that?

Yes, people will wait around cause they know that last year's blizzcon was not the end of the world.
In other news Actiblizz stock market crashed again.
Don't hold your breath, man. Blizzard is slowly being consumed by Activision, and within a decade we probably won't even be able to recognize them. Overwatch might literally be the last good game they ever make. I'm open to being proven wrong, but I guess after the last few years I'm going old school - you've gotta show me.

Here are a couple of suggestions for you:
Try POE if you have never played it - I did and enjoyed it.
Watch the development of Wolcen - could turn out to be an interesting alternative

Upcoming 2019 Games that might be cool:
Far Cry: New Dawn (Feb Release)
Crackdown 3 (Feb Release)
Anthem (EA...Barf - Feb Release) - I tried the beta and was very pleasantly surprised. Has some kinks to work out, but lots of potential if EA can get the hell out of its own way.
Doom Eternal
Dying Light 2
The Division 2 (Looks pretty cool to me, though I never tried the first one)
The Outer Worlds - This is the game I am most excited for this year. Obsidian is one of the few game developers out there that I have high confidence in.

In all honestly, I sincerely hope Blizzard proves me wrong. I hope they release Diablo 4 and it absolutely knocks my socks off. I'm just done letting them disappoint me, and I would encourage you to adopt the same mindset. I have been a loyal consumer of Blizzard products for years, but I no longer am. They are going to need to win me and many others back, and I am skeptical they even have the inclination to do so at this point. How are we supposed to view Blizzard, especially as it relates to Diablo, as anything other than tone-deaf after what they did at Blizzcon? It isn't even just Diablo, either - go look at the state of WoW and Overwatch. Overwatch has been nothing but GOATS comp for the better part of the last year, and nobody seems to be happy with WoW, either. The Overwatch meta and ranked scene has been so depressing that even a number of the OWL pro players are getting burned out.

None of the Blizzard titles feel as stable to me as they used to. It sucks and I wish that wasn't the case, but I'm also not going to lie to myself.
We are please to announce the official Maintenance Mode for Diablo 3. This is now with the Classic Games team and is currently well on life support so to speak, therefore no new content will be coming to this game. To be honest even where surprised the server even powers on at this point.

In regards to our multiple projects thats just us dangling a carrot in front of you hoping you all make up hype to only disappoint yourselves at the next BlizzCon when we announce nothing.

However for some good news Netease has finally locked down the high microtransaction prices we will be implemented in Diablo Immortal. This is where most of our resources are going cause its about making money not the gamer. Therefore our focus is the China Market not the Western Market.

For all those nephalem eagerly awaiting to slay some demons in what might be a follow up to Diablo 3 ( Title Yet to be confirmed ) .. cough cough D4.
At this stage we cannot confirm nor deny anything. However if you buy tickets to the next Blizzcon and give us money. You may or may not be surprised. #monetisation

-Blizzard
We're listening

-Blizzard
I read somewhere that there were few more expansions planned for D3 that was never released. So I'm not going to be anticipating D4 till there is an official announcement by the Devs.
02/06/2019 05:05 PMPosted by MOE
I read somewhere that there were few more expansions planned for D3 that was never released.

I am not sure what you are reading, they had 2 expansions planned, one became RoS, and the other one was broken up and the content was given to us for free.
The upcoming quarterly earnings call will be very interesting "listening" too.
02/06/2019 05:47 PMPosted by Avalon
02/06/2019 05:05 PMPosted by MOE
I read somewhere that there were few more expansions planned for D3 that was never released.

I am not sure what you are reading, they had 2 expansions planned, one became RoS, and the other one was broken up and the content was given to us for free.

Apparently they were considering Amazon and Druid for D3. Not sure if they've actually began any work on it. Source: Blizzcon 2016.
I was hoping for an expansion, or a new DLC, or massive content patch at the CON., and what did the PC/Console players get, absolutely nothing.
02/06/2019 06:07 PMPosted by Avalon
I was hoping for an expansion, or a new DLC, or massive content patch at the CON., and what did the PC/Console players get, absolutely nothing.

The game is in Maintenance Mode. I dont know why you expected anything