News update?

General Discussion
02/06/2019 06:02 PMPosted by MOE
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I am not sure what you are reading, they had 2 expansions planned, one became RoS, and the other one was broken up and the content was given to us for free.

Apparently they were considering Amazon and Druid for D3. Not sure if they've actually began any work on it. Source: Blizzcon 2016.

Yep, there's fairly major hints to that in the game right now, the whole Skovos Isle dialogue between Tyrael and Lorath is one, as its the area Amazons originate from.

Also some new mob types that were added in later such as treants and werewolves who are usually tied to Druids within the Diablo universe.

But Activi$ion pulled the plug on that early as Diablo 3 just wasn't "monetizable" enough in their opinion.
D:I = D4. Its very unfortunate.
Back in the old days, you'd find weird religious sects that liked whipping themselves over things they thought were sure to be announced by some super secret religious thing that only the faithful could understand. But really...they just liked the physical pain.

These days whips have been replaced by wishful thinking and prophesy by super secret game release notices that only the faithful can pull out of their collective backsides. But really...they just like the mental pain.

Not much has changed.
I will take care of the Diablo 4 controversy right now!! Here is the title.

Diablo IV "The Rise of Maintenance Mode"

Released with the last patch!

There ya go!!!
02/06/2019 02:54 PMPosted by Arawn
02/06/2019 02:20 PMPosted by MissCheetah
A major game announcement like D4 does not happen outside of a major convention.

PAX East in March, Gamescom in August, or Blizzcon in Nov are possible options, if we hear anything this year.

*crosses fingers for March announcement*

If they were smart, no matter how incomplete it is at this time, they would still announce it. Just to counteract some of the negativity still brewing from the Immortal announcement.
EVEN if they say it's still 3 years away, at least we KNOW SOMEthing is coming

That is so not true. If they came out and said they are aiming for a 2023 release date players would lose their freaken minds. There would be post upon post asking why it's taking so long... You might be fine with it, I might not be to worried about it, but the louder people with go ape$h1t
EVEN if they say it's still 3 years away, at least we KNOW SOMEthing is coming
We already know to expect something.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22549433/diablo-at-blizzcon-2018-10-17-2018
We know what many of you are hoping for and we can only say that “good things come to those who wait,” but evil things often take longer.
While we won’t be ready to announce all of our projects, we do intend to share some Diablo-related news with you at the show.
Translation: The something (i.e. Diablo 4) you expect us to announce at BlizzCon 2018 will not be announced, but is currently under development. (Job listings would seem to confirm this, as well.)

But, seriously, do not expect them to announce a major project on the forums or give an estimated time frame on how close the game is to completion. Something tells me that if they were ready to announce Diablo 4 in March, they could have just as easily done so in November of 2018. But, they had nothing to unveil, not even a flashy title screen. (Again, job listings would confirm that Diablo 4 is in its infancy... like Blizzard did not have five whole years to follow up on RoS, or something.)
I want a druid in D3 before D4 in 2024.
02/06/2019 02:20 PMPosted by MissCheetah
A major game announcement like D4 does not happen outside of a major convention.

PAX East in March, Gamescom in August, or Blizzcon in Nov are possible options, if we hear anything this year.

Which shows again: The drop of the stock is not bit enough. They still do not care about community and stock holders. Otherwise they would have announced something in the past 4 month instead of thinking "they will all forgett".
Blizzard:
We hear you.

Community:
We listen.

So... where do we go from here?
If you are genuinely curious, you should read up on the article "The Past, Present, And Future Of Diablo" that explains where they currently are. D3 went through at least 3 redesigns. D4 is currently on its second but it's looking promising right now. Sadly we lost Josh Mosqueira when the first one didn't pan out.

Blizzard doesn't want to announce anything until they are confident that the current iteration of the next Diablo is what we will get. If they announce it, there's no going back to the drawing board and redesigning it, it becomes locked in due to community expectation, which can be a bad thing if the game is fundamentally flawed (eg not fun).

They don't want to say "D4 is on the way" and there's a couple reasons why. For one, they absolutely want to show something. Just saying it might tide us over, but it means little to others. An announcement has to be big, that's why they have to show us, not tell us. Another possibility is it is not called Diablo 4. Maybe they want to go back in time when Deckard was still alive? Maybe they are modifying the formula and want to try a more open world and they think that deserves a new title like "Sanctuary" (The world of the nephalem)
Just to counteract some of the negativity still brewing from the Immortal announcement.

What gave you a hint about Blizzard wanting to counteract any negativity? I don't know about you but I haven't get that vibe yet. They doubled down on their decision when a fan uproar happened and evaded to comment on it. After being neglected, some recognition would be nice once in a while, beside a huge sticky at the top for venting and not a single response for months.
02/08/2019 08:52 AMPosted by naksiloth
Just to counteract some of the negativity still brewing from the Immortal announcement.

What gave you a hint about Blizzard wanting to counteract any negativity? I don't know about you but I haven't get that vibe yet. They doubled down on their decision when a fan uproar happened and evaded to comment on it. After being neglected, some recognition would be nice once in a while, beside a huge sticky at the top for venting and not a single response for months.

I have to agree with you. This is someone complaining that their girlfriend is not returning phone calls and was seen with some other guy having dinner. Clearly their phone must be broken and that guy she is with is trying to help her fix it. Right?
02/07/2019 01:59 PMPosted by Dusky
That is so not true. If they came out and said they are aiming for a 2023 release date players would lose their freaken minds. There would be post upon post asking why it's taking so long... You might be fine with it, I might not be to worried about it, but the louder people with go ape$h1t

They have already driven away millions with their gaffe 3 months ago, but gamers are plenty used to waiting out the development cycle if there is actually something worth waiting for. Elder Scrolls VI is still over a year out but I'm plenty happy to know its on the radar, compare that to this crap company who can't even commit to a PC game at all in the next decade and they deserve the scorn they get.
At this point I feel most people are actually just here to watch the fire burn. Let them take 20 years to announce D4, not like people will buy it considering the fiasco that is Diablo Immortal.

We all know Blizzard is on it's last legs, some of us just feel it would be disrespectful to let Blizzard die alone. We are Blizzards children, let's be here when they pass on.
Yeah d4 is coming to Poe patch 4.0 next year. See you all there