Path of Exile did it again

Games & Technology
new and innovative game play has been added to the game in Synthesis
the game just gets richer and more complex nothing ever feels old in that game
The Power of microtransactions and mystery boxes (aka lootboxes)
yeah.

i will say this though - having a multitude of content isn't always a good thing.
at some point, people just skip most mechanics just to focus on the new one.

it's nice and keeps it fresh, i'll give it that.

That being said - this is a Diablo forum.
02/19/2019 10:46 PMPosted by whaso
nothing ever feels old in that game

Except for the horrid performing engine, the archaic and obsolete trading system, and the awful artwork.
LOL yeah.......that's why you're here flapping your gums instead of playing it. Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

Happy people are too busy being happy to bother with such trivialities as gloating.

You ain't fooling anyone, sista.
will ctrl+v this in every poe thread

i played poe for a long time, killed shaper, bough supporter packs and i thought i will never come back to diablo. but here i am. your statement can get some reaction from non-poe public or for those who didnt figure out in that game.

- if you are not paying real money you cant trade (you need to buy premium stash tabs)
- if you are not paying real money your character will look like garbage because there is no interest for developers to make your default char look good, they want to sell you extremely overpriced microtransactions
- real money trade, you can buy all orbs on selling sites and of course you cant even talk about any "competition" with this kind of conditions
- trading process itself is extremely unconvinient and you HAVE to trade if you want faster progress. whispering to tons of people that will never answer, then inviting to party, then teleporting to hidout, doing trade, drop party, teleport back, and all this !@#$ just to obtain one map. for betrayal league masters spawn on random maps and you HAVE to trade to buy those maps that you dont have but masters spawned on them.
- ssf mode is !@#$ed up because orbs and uniques drop rates are not adjusted for player's comfort, so you cant get the build you want because you will lack build-defining unique etc.
- %^-*ton of bots farming currency and that makes your playtime less valuable
- crafting in trade leagues is very rare thing, usually its better to buy a gear from another player than craft it yourself
- online players count one month after the start of any league it 20-25k (2 months into league - online is 14k players), for betrayal, ok, its 30k now.
- you need to do all 10 act storyline with skill-quests again on EVERY character, you need to do all labyrinth again on EVERY character. doing storyline ten times in a row feels horrible, lab itself is trash content according to thousands of poe players who rage on the forums about that content. you NEED to do pantheons. all this just to make your char "ready to play properly".
- flasks. you NEED to have one or two quicksilver flask mandatory and you NEED to press it every 5-6 seconds because otherwise you will move super SLOW because game designers have no idea at what speed char should be moving so this would be comfortable for player.
- you need to LMB on every scroll of wisdom, orb, portal scroll, identify every single item, lots of useless micromanagement
- build diversity in betreyal is better, but in previous leagues 30%-40% of all playerbase played THREE f**** builds (blade vortex, ele hit, molten strike), in the past (in incursion) 50% of playerbase played with TWO skills (bv, arc), thats all what you need to know about the build diversity, and, of course, because you cant adjust difficulty, all your smart "diverse" off-meta builds will be killed by overtuned endgame bosses or you will have to spend s.t tons of currency to make them average at best
- endgame bosses are gated behind RNG (uber elder) or extreme RNG. streamer Mathil played whole delve league leveling 20+ chars to 90+ levels, but still didnt see endgame boss of league content, nuff said.
- there is no competition and there is no any meaningful purpose of your existence there. in d3 you do highest rift, you are good, in poe you do obnoxious challanges nobody cares about that always involve tedius rng elements.
- xp penalty so you cant level your "diverse, deep" build to really high levels because even if your defense layers are good, you will get killed and that will take weeks of grinding to get back.

- graphics and engine are absolute outdated unoptimized trash
- animations and combat are clunky, combat is schematical one-tap all screen clear
- you cant even select the gender of your hero or other visual options

path of exile is extremely overrated, infested by tons of rudimental, outdated elements, ppl play it because there is no alternative. if d3 wakes up and just starts with copying some of its legue content, that game will die fast.
Thats very true. I shouldn't complain tho, for a free DL game I had a LOT of fun, especially second and third year after the release. Not so much now tho because of all the acts you have to do with every single chatacter just sucks very hard and thats actually the obly big reason I quit.
I dont care, i dont like PoE, I like D3, im on D3 forums, can you !@#$ about that game already. I tried, i played maps, it wasnt fun.
to each their own.
if you have ever played titan quest, you would know what a great game looks like
Really it's not the place for such discussion, and there is no point in such threads. And you can't simply compare poe to d3. It's like comparing apple and car.

Both games are unique, they both bring what customers want. Why such pointless discussions?

P.S for the last 1.5years - i play PoE much more than D3, but I really like both games.
02/20/2019 05:03 AMPosted by Eskimo
Really it's not the place for such discussion, and there is no point in such threads. And you can't simply compare poe to d3. It's like comparing apple and car.

Both games are unique, they both bring what customers want. Why such pointless discussions?

P.S for the last 1.5years - i play PoE much more than D3, but I really like both games.

i don't think the discussions are pointless.

I think that people here would have like to seen the depth and consistent content update that PoE gets to come to Diablo 3. I agree with you that both games are different, as they should be but it's almost impossible not to make comparisons when you love a game that doesn't have what another game has. it's only human to do so.
I’m someone who loved d3 but got sick and tired of the only thing that came patch by patch. Simply bigger numbers. And grind higher gr. D3 has not got any new content since like season 1 which was “new”.

I started playing Poe again in December and idk how people can say the gfx are bad in that game as is now.

There is a lot to grasp at first in Poe. But with some time invested you’ll catch up.

Also yeah there is a lot of content in the game that you end up skipping. But isn’t it great that there is so much you skip content not to overwhelm yourself ? Look at d3. The only thing you skip is farming t1-6.

Also love the fact people say you need to spend money on Poe. While it’s true and not true at the same time. About 30$ is what will make your life easier with stash tabs. That’s all.

Any currency websites that do sell are against the rules. If you use them. Well you’re simply scamming yourself out of game play.

Now some may say but spending money on a game isn’t something you do. Well there are some of us here who go d3 basically for playing wow. So in the end we can say d3 was free. But ROS wasn’t free. Also the necro wasn’t free. So In the end you’ll spend about the same about of money for playing both games.

But at least in Poe you won’t be scammed out of money. You’ll get new stuff to play around with pretty much every patch. D3 main is has been lack of content. And it’s what is killing the game as is today. We all played d3 or still play d3. Because we enjoy it or enjoyed it. But come on how long can you go on support something that gives you nothing in return
02/20/2019 05:23 AMPosted by Dmoney
I’m someone who loved d3 but got sick and tired of the only thing that came patch by patch. Simply bigger numbers. And grind higher gr. D3 has not got any new content since like season 1 which was “new”.

I started playing Poe again in December and idk how people can say the gfx are bad in that game as is now.

There is a lot to grasp at first in Poe. But with some time invested you’ll catch up.

Also yeah there is a lot of content in the game that you end up skipping. But isn’t it great that there is so much you skip content not to overwhelm yourself ? Look at d3. The only thing you skip is farming t1-6.

Also love the fact people say you need to spend money on Poe. While it’s true and not true at the same time. About 30$ is what will make your life easier with stash tabs. That’s all.

Any currency websites that do sell are against the rules. If you use them. Well you’re simply scamming yourself out of game play.

Now some may say but spending money on a game isn’t something you do. Well there are some of us here who go d3 basically for playing wow. So in the end we can say d3 was free. But ROS wasn’t free. Also the necro wasn’t free. So In the end you’ll spend about the same about of money for playing both games.

But at least in Poe you won’t be scammed out of money. You’ll get new stuff to play around with pretty much every patch. D3 main is has been lack of content. And it’s what is killing the game as is today. We all played d3 or still play d3. Because we enjoy it or enjoyed it. But come on how long can you go on support something that gives you nothing in return

if you enjoy a game almost 7 years after it was released, i don't think that it gives you nothing in return.
PoE is designed around constant content. It's also not beholden to a CEO whos whole goal is sucking the life out of the industry to make profits while slashing jobs for even more profit.

You can give it a rest. Diablo is not going to get attention. No matter how much you try to show how "good" PoE is.

Blizzard is basically dead.
02/20/2019 05:38 AMPosted by KushiSensei
02/20/2019 05:23 AMPosted by Dmoney

if you enjoy a game almost 7 years after it was released, i don't think that it gives you nothing in return.
It’s hard to say I enjoyed it for 7 years. There was almost no content released In those 7 years. I’m one of the people who can grind out a season 1-70 in one night and gear up in two days and get bored. Because I don’t have gear to grind for anymore usually by then. I don’t enjoy the paragon grind. I usually get around 800 and just drop the game till next season. I enjoyed the gear grind back in vanilla and early pre season ros.
Grinding for loot is what made it fun. It was fun finding an actual upgrade or item that supported my build. Now it feels like a .25$ arcade game that is only “fun” to play when you start a season for a few hours.

I used to hate Poe but it gives me something to grind for. Try new builds and attempt to clear end game bosses and maps. Crafting isn’t my favorite but at least it allows me to fill in the gaps if I get lucky.

I think we all as a community killed the gear grind in d3. It was hell if you couldn’t find an item back in the day. But at least you had something to always look for.
02/20/2019 01:24 AMPosted by TaintedFate

Could you at least make it more readable, and spell check it?

Sheesh - what a wall of text.
02/19/2019 10:54 PMPosted by Imperius
The Power of microtransactions and mystery boxes (aka lootboxes)

...Which are purely cosmetic.
02/20/2019 12:11 AMPosted by TobiasPeste
02/19/2019 10:46 PMPosted by whaso
nothing ever feels old in that game

Except for the horrid performing engine, the archaic and obsolete trading system, and the awful artwork.

At least it has a trading system.
02/20/2019 06:32 AMPosted by DonMartin
02/20/2019 01:24 AMPosted by TaintedFate

Could you at least make it more readable, and spell check it?

Sheesh - what a wall of text.

That is not necessary. Any real PoE player is use to decoding huge walls of gibberish because Chris Wilson over at GGG likes to run unfinished patch notes through a Markov chain text generator to tease the community.