Path of Exile did it again

Games & Technology
I don't mind the idea of playing another game, but I also don't mind playing D3.
02/20/2019 12:11 AMPosted by TobiasPeste
02/19/2019 10:46 PMPosted by whaso
nothing ever feels old in that game

Except for the horrid performing engine, the archaic and obsolete trading system, and the awful artwork.

I find the artwork quite good, way better than D3.
02/20/2019 07:48 AMPosted by Chipoodle
02/19/2019 10:54 PMPosted by Imperius
The Power of microtransactions and mystery boxes (aka lootboxes)

...Which are purely cosmetic.

Which doesn’t make it ethical... still gambling
02/20/2019 09:01 AMPosted by Imperius
02/20/2019 07:48 AMPosted by Chipoodle

...Which are purely cosmetic.

Even if you can skip the gambling and buy the individual item you want... wich it DOES make it ethical.
Synthesis actually looks very boring and unimaginative.

Think I'll skip it.
02/20/2019 09:31 AMPosted by Chipoodle

Even if you can skip the gambling and buy the individual item you want... wich it DOES make it ethical.

No it doesn’t, but I understand that you want to defend PoE for preying on people with gambling addiction just because you like the game and YOU are able to ignore this feature.
02/20/2019 12:11 AMPosted by TobiasPeste
nothing ever feels old in that game

Except for the horrid performing engine, the archaic and obsolete trading system, and the awful artwork.

Woooooooow this.
new and innovative game play has been added to the game in Synthesis
the game just gets richer and more complex nothing ever feels old in that game

What!? You mean, unlike Blizzard, gg has NO other care in the world than Poe and that's why it is the way it is?!

Madness!!!

Really though. Comparisons like this need to stop. It's sad that d3 has had no content for a while but even wow doesn't have the content rate of poe.

When gg has multiple ips under its name it's working on THEN it's update rate will be impressive. Until then it's not surprising in the least.
poe>D3
02/20/2019 11:06 AMPosted by Imperius
No it doesn’t, but I understand that you want to defend PoE for preying on people with gambling addiction just because you like the game and YOU are able to ignore this feature.

They make their money from supporter packs for the most part I would say. You get points to buy the chests if you want from buying supporter packs. I usually buy a $60 supporter pack each time.
they copied us and made something better ;

BUT

we're in the process of doing the same thing to them!

it'll be great ; diablo 4 for game of the year 2022
diablo 4 for game of the year 3022

Fixed.
it's just disappointing to see how little gets put in to this game

$40 for a cosmetic item is not ethical. It's #%%!%*%*.
02/21/2019 04:47 AMPosted by Pestilence
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Most people spend over 100$ for d3 and it’s expansion plus necro. Please enlighten me how 40$ for some cosmetic you like is so bad. Plus some qol stuff you can do with the points you get ?

It’s there if you want to support their work. And still get something in exchange. Other wise the game is free there is no pay to win. Outside the 3rd party sites which are impossible to stop unless you don’t allow trading.
02/20/2019 11:06 AMPosted by Imperius

Yes it does but i understand you want yo defend your point no matter how absurd it is. That's ok, but You can't deny facts.
will ctrl+v this in every poe thread

And I will ctrl+v this reply to your post in every thread you post this cr*p since you're too much of a pu**y to argue with me:

01/12/2019 11:26 PMPosted by TaintedFate
if you are not paying real money you cant trade (you need to buy premium stash tabs)

You can trade. There are 3rd party tools like acquisition. I used acquisition for years before I bought a single premium stash tab. Sometimes it's even easier to trade using acquisition than in-game tabs (you can sort by price or search by various mods using acquisition, also you can price multiple items at once).
if you are not paying real money your character will look like garbage because there is no interest for developers to make your default char look good, they want to sell you extremely overpriced microtransactions

Well, what do you expect? Their game literally lives off those mtx. I'd rather have expensive cosmetics than pay to win stuff. Besides, not everything looks so bad in game. You can even get skin transfers for very cheap and build your own mtx with innate skins of other items.
real money trade, you can buy all orbs on selling sites and of course you cant even talk about any "competition" with this kind of conditions

Real money trading is also illegal and risky.
trading process itself is extremely unconvinient and you HAVE to trade if you want faster progress. whispering to tons of people that will never answer, then inviting to party, then teleporting to hidout, doing trade, drop party, teleport back, and all this !@#$ just to obtain one map. for betrayal league masters spawn on random maps and you HAVE to trade to buy those maps that you dont have but masters spawned on them.

This is the biggest problem the game has right now. Hopefully, they will address the trading mess soon.
ssf mode is !@#$ed up because orbs and uniques drop rates are not adjusted for player's comfort, so you cant get the build you want because you will lack build-defining unique etc.

They're not adjusted because you can migrate to trade league and that would mess up the economy. The mod is just a difficulty increase for those who don't want to trade and it also provides leaderboards.
%^-*ton of bots farming currency and that makes your playtime less valuable

Yep, can't argue with this one. Probably all games will have bots. This you totally fix, but can control to a certain extend.
crafting in trade leagues is very rare thing, usually its better to buy a gear from another player than craft it yourself

Far from truth. You need to know what to craft and how to craft. I made a lot of profit during all leagues I played in the past.
you need to do all 10 act storyline with skill-quests again on EVERY character, you need to do all labyrinth again on EVERY character. doing storyline ten times in a row feels horrible, lab itself is trash content according to thousands of poe players who rage on the forums about that content. you NEED to do pantheons. all this just to make your char "ready to play properly".

I can agree with this. I absolutely hate the lab. But the time spent on preparing your character is pretty small compared to how much you can play on it until you complete all challenges / level to 100 or something else.
flasks. you NEED to have one or two quicksilver flask mandatory and you NEED to press it every 5-6 seconds because otherwise you will move super SLOW because game designers have no idea at what speed char should be moving so this would be comfortable for player.

False again. The game is pretty balanced when it comes to movement speed. Sure, a quicksilver flask is mandatory due to how much movement speed it provides, but there are a lot of other items to increase your movement speed and movement skills as well.
you need to LMB on every scroll of wisdom, orb, portal scroll, identify every single item, lots of useless micromanagement

You trade time for currency. It's up to you to decide what is worth picking up and what is not. If you're picking portal scrolls at level 95 while you have a 100 exalt bank, you're doing it wrong.
build diversity in betreyal is better, but in previous leagues 30%-40% of all playerbase played THREE f**** builds (blade vortex, ele hit, molten strike), in the past (in incursion) 50% of playerbase played with TWO skills (bv, arc), thats all what you need to know about the build diversity, and, of course, because you cant adjust difficulty, all your smart "diverse" off-meta builds will be killed by overtuned endgame bosses or you will have to spend s.t tons of currency to make them average at best

While the first part is true, the second is not. Bosses can be tackled by a ton of builds. For example, I killed uber elder with my MAGIC FIND bow build. It's just that people prefer to play the 'meta' builds because they are sheep and have no critical thinking or simply can't bother to theorycraft build themselves for various reasons.
endgame bosses are gated behind RNG (uber elder) or extreme RNG. streamer Mathil played whole delve league leveling 20+ chars to 90+ levels, but still didnt see endgame boss of league content, nuff said.

Yea, league content is usually bull!@#$, but uber elder is extremely easily accessible. If you run a tier 1 map while you have it elder orbed on the atlas, the game will consider you are running tier 16 for the purpose of influence spawning and will spawn it near center of atlas. It takes like 10 minutes or less to spawn influence for uber elder, depending how fast you can run those low tier maps.
there is no competition and there is no any meaningful purpose of your existence there. in d3 you do highest rift, you are good, in poe you do obnoxious challanges nobody cares about that always involve tedius rng elements.

No competition? Have you seen how hard do people hard for the first level 100 in a new league? The second player to 100 was like 10% exp away from level 100. It was actually very competitive this league due to pure breachstones.
xp penalty so you cant level your "diverse, deep" build to really high levels because even if your defense layers are good, you will get killed and that will take weeks of grinding to get back.

Then your layers of defense aren't good enough. Rethink your build. This game is challenging. If there wasn't any penalty for death, everyone would build glass cannons and race to 100. Now THAT'S boring.
graphics and engine are absolute outdated unoptimized trash

Path of exile computes significantly more calculations than diablo 3. It is limited by server connection to client, not by engine. If you have no idea about technical stuff, don't talk about it.
Besides, they're going to make further improvements to the engine next expansions with a possible model rework.
animations and combat are clunky, combat is schematical one-tap all screen clear

Read above. Also, combat is not always all screen clear. There are a lot of monsters in the game that don't simple die in 1 tap, unless you have mirror gear.
you cant even select the gender of your hero or other visual options

Each character has his own story. Selecting gender would break their story in some cases. Why do you need to select gender? This seems like one of the lamest complaints I hear regarding game choices. You want to see female %^- or something? Get a girlfriend?
path of exile is extremely overrated, infested by tons of rudimental, outdated elements, ppl play it because there is no alternative.

Yea right. There is torchlight, grim dawn, diablo 3, lost ark, others as well. But people still decide to play poe. The problem is with you mate.
if d3 wakes up and just starts with copying some of its league content, that game will die fast.

No, it won't. Your game is rotten to its core. Itemization is absolutely abysmal. Builds are dictated by sets. Leaderboards are dictated by greater rift rng. Greater rift is the only real endgame content.
Diablo 3 can't possibly be fixed just by adding content on top of it. It would be like sprinkling sugar on top of a pile of *!@#. It's just really bad and numbers tell the truth.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Most people spend over 100$ for d3 and it’s expansion plus necro. Please enlighten me how 40$ for some cosmetic you like is so bad. Plus some qol stuff you can do with the points you get ?

It’s there if you want to support their work. And still get something in exchange. Other wise the game is free there is no pay to win. Outside the 3rd party sites which are impossible to stop unless you don’t allow trading.

Paying a full game price for a skin is a rip off. Comparing it to buying an actuall game and additional content is misplaced. For a $100? I get beyond hundreds of hours of gameplay. With that $40? I look pretty. Skins are barely worth $15-$20 at most.

I have no problem with cosmetic shops and even want a shop like the one d3 China has. But Poe is greedy with some of theirs.
02/21/2019 02:35 PMPosted by Pestilence
... Most people spend over 100$ for d3 and it’s expansion plus necro. Please enlighten me how 40$ for some cosmetic you like is so bad. Plus some qol stuff you can do with the points you get ?

Paying a full game price for a skin is a rip off. Comparing it to buying an actuall game and additional content is misplaced. For a $100? I get beyond hundreds of hours of gameplay. With that $40? I look pretty. Skins are barely worth $15-$20 at most.

I have no problem with cosmetic shops and even want a shop like the one d3 China has. But Poe is greedy with some of theirs.

If you only knew the thousand's I have spent on skins in free to play games and not free to play games from league of legends to paladins to borderlands 2 dlc and everywhere in between.

The reason, skins are awesome to have and it supports the company. If I love the game I do not mind.
Different games. D3 keeps me entertained for 2-3 days then i quit. Its fairly fun for those 2-3 days aswell. PoE i can play for 2 months in a league and il be entertained.

They are just meant for different audiences thats all. As far as graphics and all that stuff goes, they are still different games. Even though i prefer PoE artstyle and graphics myself. I can see why people prefer D3.