Exporting Saves

General Discussion
Hi, I was wondering if it were possible to export my PC save for Diablo3 over to Play Station 4?
No not possible
well.. seeing as how there's no pc side 'savegame' to export... no

pc is hosted on their end, to try and reduce the amount of hacking. and why would you care? ps version is hackcity anyway, just make the gear you want
02/23/2019 04:35 AMPosted by Arawn

pc is hosted on their end, to try and reduce the amount of hacking. and why would you care? ps version is hackcity anyway, just make the gear you want

All PC character data (except inventory and stash, but it's not like they're special) is publicly available.
02/23/2019 04:38 AMPosted by apl

All PC character data (except inventory and stash, but it's not like they're special) is publicly available.

Character files are not publicly available...at least not available through legal channels.

Question - I assume you mean the API that the D3 website uses for Profiles. That does not include everything needed to replicate a character does it? I thought quite a few things were left out of that.
02/23/2019 08:04 AMPosted by MissCheetah
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Question - I assume you mean the API that the D3 website uses for Profiles. That does not include everything needed to replicate a character does it? I thought quite a few things were left out of that.

It doesn't contain inventory or stash, but adding those wouldn't pose any further threat. Importing characters from there to consoles would be completely safe. You could do it so that if you authenticate to battle.net, your inventory too is exposed, and you could import your whole character. I don't think they'll ever implement this, but to say that this would pose some kind of threat to the character storage is just wrong.
02/23/2019 07:48 AMPosted by CyLaNt

Character files are not publicly available...at least not available through legal channels.

Characters are not stored in files, but the character data is available.
02/23/2019 09:08 AMPosted by apl
I don't think they'll ever implement this, but to say that this would pose some kind of threat to the character storage is just wrong.

I am not sure where you got the idea of a threat from. I only asked if the API data had ALL the character info needed to copy.
02/23/2019 09:32 AMPosted by MissCheetah
02/23/2019 09:08 AMPosted by apl
I don't think they'll ever implement this, but to say that this would pose some kind of threat to the character storage is just wrong.

I am not sure where you got the idea of a threat from. I only asked if the API data had ALL the character info needed to copy.

From Arawn and CyLant. Well, maybe not threat per se, but there are no character files, and the character data is already publicly available.
02/23/2019 09:44 AMPosted by apl
02/23/2019 09:32 AMPosted by MissCheetah

From Arawn and CyLant. Well, maybe not threat per se, but there are no character files, and the character data is already publicly available.

If it was not directed at me, please don't quote me then provide that reply. It is rather confusing.
02/23/2019 10:06 AMPosted by MissCheetah
02/23/2019 09:44 AMPosted by apl

If it was not directed at me, please don't quote me then provide that reply. It is rather confusing.

Sorry, my bad. I read both your and cylant's posts, and answered both of them at the same time.
Pretty sure I didn't say anything about threatening anyone
02/23/2019 10:35 AMPosted by Arawn
Pretty sure I didn't say anything about threatening anyone

Yeah, I interpreted wanting to keep the character data in their end as a security concern. Even so, they're already making it publicly available.
02/23/2019 09:09 AMPosted by apl

Just a slight correction here - the characters aren't stored in files on our end (our computer(s)), but they are indeed stored in files on the servers. We wouldn't have any data to read into any API, in-game or otherwise, without those files. ;)
02/23/2019 03:27 PMPosted by TheTias
02/23/2019 09:09 AMPosted by apl

Just a slight correction here - the characters aren't stored in files on our end (our computer(s)), but they are indeed stored in files on the servers. We wouldn't have any data to read into any API, in-game or otherwise, without those files. ;)
i suspect they are actually stored in some sort of ACID Compliant database. ;)
02/23/2019 07:13 PMPosted by DogBone
02/23/2019 03:27 PMPosted by TheTias

i suspect they are actually stored in some sort of ACID Compliant database. ;)

Exactly, storing the characters into a file in the server would be really bad design.