Advice on R6

Monk
Hi, all!
I wanted to ask you for advice regarding using R6 at paragon 3050ish.

How much Vitality should I strive for in order to take advantage of the leeching effect of Simplicity gem, say, 6000 Vitality?

How much Dexterity does this build need to be effective at my paragon level? I am able to solo 112 with Inna WoL. Should I be able to reach GR112 with similar quality gear and augments with R6 as well?

I'm still learning to use it at lower levels, but I'm just curious as to what potential it has at my paragon.

Thank you!
well since nobody want to answer i try to extrapolate since i'm only at 2.5 para and not the biggest expert on r6. i know how to play it but i'm not very familiar with it.
first: why only 112 with inna? you should be able to 120 pretty safe. maybe your items are not completely maxed out but then a 115 should be doable with ease. maybe you don't pull enough, you kill all elite or you do some wrong decisions during the rift. those 500 more para you have (at my 118 i only had 2410) are 2500 dex which would be a 10% dmg increase for me.
secound: for r6 ias rolls everywhere is crucial to have max spirit anytime. if you do not have at least 2.1 aps don't try gen monk. more often you'd hear 2.2 aps which i recommend. r6 dmg comes from max aps and striken proccs. with this build elite melt down really fast if you can just hit. one of the worst things about gen is it has no anti cc (try to get helm with reduction) and no nde since you have 4 mandatory passives. you could obviously through endless walk away for a hf amu and rorg. then you get diggers + cs shoulders and unity and coe and nde passive but the only passive you could change is harmony when you wanna stick to endless walk.
third i think at least 1.5 mio life (i reach this mark with my inna wol but then even more def due to double mantra + heal + ranged char) are needed. i'd say you probably need even more, you need to make sure you are never a one hit where a wol char can just dash away. this means round about 1.5-2k para go into vit and so with your "low" para it might be you dont have enough dmg left (and armor given by dex). i did a testing on 105 with 1k para in vit. dmg is ok for this lvl but much less than inna wol but i have no augments. i did a 115 on ptr with r2i6 and r6 dmg nowadays is pretty even to inna on ptr (you have more aps but less def with r6 but much more mobility on high). the 115 was very close but a 115 with wol was 10 min. so i think you might not have enough para that gen would be stronger.
r6 is nothing for low lvl but gameplay is make sure that you have always maxed spirit and dashes left over after killing a grp. usually your fd uptime should be 100% (at 2.2 unbuffed aps) but server lags make fd not procc as exoected. i wanna do some testings myself on.next ptr when i can do augments.
hope it helps a bit, as i said, i'm not n expert on r6
03/11/2019 12:51 AMPosted by Atomfurz
well since nobody want to answer i try to extrapolate since i'm only at 2.5 para and not the biggest expert on r6. i know how to play it but i'm not very familiar with it.
first: why only 112 with inna? you should be able to 120 pretty safe. maybe your items are not completely maxed out but then a 115 should be doable with ease. maybe you don't pull enough, you kill all elite or you do some wrong decisions during the rift. those 500 more para you have (at my 118 i only had 2410) are 2500 dex which would be a 10% dmg increase for me.
secound: for r6 ias rolls everywhere is crucial to have max spirit anytime. if you do not have at least 2.1 aps don't try gen monk. more often you'd hear 2.2 aps which i recommend. r6 dmg comes from max aps and striken proccs. with this build elite melt down really fast if you can just hit. one of the worst things about gen is it has no anti cc (try to get helm with reduction) and no nde since you have 4 mandatory passives. you could obviously through endless walk away for a hf amu and rorg. then you get diggers + cs shoulders and unity and coe and nde passive but the only passive you could change is harmony when you wanna stick to endless walk.
third i think at least 1.5 mio life (i reach this mark with my inna wol but then even more def due to double mantra + heal + ranged char) are needed. i'd say you probably need even more, you need to make sure you are never a one hit where a wol char can just dash away. this means round about 1.5-2k para go into vit and so with your "low" para it might be you dont have enough dmg left (and armor given by dex). i did a testing on 105 with 1k para in vit. dmg is ok for this lvl but much less than inna wol but i have no augments. i did a 115 on ptr with r2i6 and r6 dmg nowadays is pretty even to inna on ptr (you have more aps but less def with r6 but much more mobility on high). the 115 was very close but a 115 with wol was 10 min. so i think you might not have enough para that gen would be stronger.
r6 is nothing for low lvl but gameplay is make sure that you have always maxed spirit and dashes left over after killing a grp. usually your fd uptime should be 100% (at 2.2 unbuffed aps) but server lags make fd not procc as exoected. i wanna do some testings myself on.next ptr when i can do augments.
hope it helps a bit, as i said, i'm not n expert on r6

Hi, Atom! Thank you so much for your answer, it did provide me with valuable information I put to practice yesterday.
Actually, I found a typo in my post. I meant, if Im able to do 112 with Inna WoL, if it was possible too to do 112 with R6 similar quality gear and augments.

I was failing to dump that many paragon points in the build. Intead of 1.5-2k paragon I was only using 500. My vitality was really low.
I tried doing 105 with 16.000 Vitality and the run was much smoother, though it took me quite some time to finish, but I-m sure its because Im still learning to use the build and I suck atm. :D
Make sure to keep in mind that you should try to get cc on helm and rings, nightmarish and knock backs are a real pain!!
i'm always happy if i can help. just a comparison for my setup: i do 105 with inna wol in 5-6 min, with my r6 and many p in vit and almost no caldesan (wh, unity and ew amu do have it but no other gear) i need about 10-11 mins for that. maybe i should uncheck as many para as i have more caldesan for a better comparison but i think wol build is better on low rifts so it simply will be better. and i'm really familiar with wol, i did play it during the time all the others played r6 when it was top.build. i think there will be a turning point when r6 is simply stronger but as you can see on eu lb the inna wol did a 130 (the player switched to lon wol and did a 131) and the r6 is on 132 so it seems all builds are pretty close. but since there is almost bo inna wol left on top it feels lon wol and r6 is simply stronger with maxed para.
03/13/2019 01:58 AMPosted by Atomfurz
i'm always happy if i can help. just a comparison for my setup: i do 105 with inna wol in 5-6 min, with my r6 and many p in vit and almost no caldesan (wh, unity and ew amu do have it but no other gear) i need about 10-11 mins for that. maybe i should uncheck as many para as i have more caldesan for a better comparison but i think wol build is better on low rifts so it simply will be better. and i'm really familiar with wol, i did play it during the time all the others played r6 when it was top.build. i think there will be a turning point when r6 is simply stronger but as you can see on eu lb the inna wol did a 130 (the player switched to lon wol and did a 131) and the r6 is on 132 so it seems all builds are pretty close. but since there is almost bo inna wol left on top it feels lon wol and r6 is simply stronger with maxed para.

Exactly, I'm starting to feel like R6 is better for really high GR levels, even though Inna and LoN WoL can do that as well.
I'm loving LoN WoL and LoN LTK. Currently, I can manage 110 with a couple minutes to spare with LoN LTK, it's super fun. LTK made me want try R6, thinking I could also do 110 or 112, and oh, surprise, I was getting my !@#$ kicked. I'll keep leveling and practicing in the meantime :)
(and also, trying to get a better Travelers Pledge and Compass Rose...those are sooo tough to get right)
I'll make a guide tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/MacMephistopheles
03/17/2019 07:05 AMPosted by Achilles
I'll make a guide tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/MacMephistopheles

Awesome! Looking forward to it
As promised.
https://youtu.be/zXb_LJpcYYY
thank you!

03/19/2019 03:57 AMPosted by Achilles
As promised.
https://youtu.be/zXb_LJpcYYY
i could cry a bit since the cc effects.are so annoying but i only ran with 1.4 mio screen.dps, its a joke compared to your 7 :) but i feel like cdr is not needed if you have 2 more ias slots, i do not have spirit problems and i added a %life gem in my helm. nice to see it playing, in your vid it looked easy (squishy but compared to me running 105 is a joke). maybe i will do some caldesan after trying it on ptr. right now it don't feels right since my wol is so much stronger.