$5.99 Monthly Fee - D4, you in? Idea - not fact.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
5.99 xp boost would be better
if it means 12 years of well polished content why not. i'd go higher even.

it's sad to see diablo titles being abandoned after the bulk of the sales happened. i'd be game to go subscribtion based if it means quality content and polish. probably even higher than the amount you suggested.

bring it on, world of diablo ;)

not sure if it's the best timing though, a lot of ppl seem to have lost a bit of faith
It's not much different than paying $60, plus $20 for a season pass, plus $30-$60 for each DLC.
d4 will never happen, LOL
No, sub would be insta pass.
Blizz charge for WoW almost x3 this price, $$$ every new xpack, in game shop.

Perfect example of how "more money you pay for the game" =/= "good game"

From the creators of "You think you want it but you don't" comes
"we bring you real classic experience building it from late Legion game"

Not wow hater, played it from 2006. Diablo2 2002. im just really sad about blizz
02/09/2019 05:21 AMPosted by Orrion
So what’s the alternative?

And here is the issue of gaming today. Thanks to the p2p aspect of mobile gaming and the massive profits for gaming companies due to the idiots pumping funds into these companies for tiny boosts/bonuses/content, we have people thinking there's no alternative to either a total crap p2p system or a subscription system.

No, there are more alternatives. How about creating a very good game that will sell millions likely on your name alone, taking some of the hundreds of millions of dollars in profit, offering a free server-based platform and supporting it? In the meantime, create solid expansions that will introduce even more hundreds of millions into your coffers to keep the server-based platform supported.

You know, the exact same thing that Blizzard did with Diablo 2 for longer than a decade and what they've been doing with Diablo 3 for seven years.

But no, everything is now about record profits for shareholders and chintzy p2p microtransactions. It's not about the game and the gamers anymore. The fact that Blizzard announced a mobile Diablo game, received a poor reception and continued to support it's development speaks volumes.

You don't need to keep pumping millions into these companies for them to deliver solid games to you and support them.
02/14/2019 06:21 PMPosted by RaDaC
It's not much different than paying $60, plus $20 for a season pass, plus $30-$60 for each DLC.

Season passes piss me off, honestly.
It truly depends.

If we are getting consistent great content updates, and the game is always fresh and top of the line, then I may.

But it would make everyone far more judgmental than they already our over the quality of the game.

Being honest, it will be Buy 2 Play. Not sure any ARPG will ever break against that mold, unless it is more of an MMO.
I already said it once but this is a DUMB idea. I'm actually baffled this was even suggested.

02/15/2019 09:25 AMPosted by Demonmonger
It truly depends.

If we are getting consistent great content updates, and the game is always fresh and top of the line, then I may.

[/quote]The game doesn't need constant updates to be fresh. It stays fresh by having a bunch of different builds for each class and different gear setups when those to create unique characters. Its also stays fresh with good randomized dungeons.
02/14/2019 08:34 PMPosted by Kendo
Blizz charge for WoW almost x3 this price, $$$ every new xpack, in game shop.

Perfect example of how "more money you pay for the game" =/= "good game"

idk about good game or not but wow receives a whole lot more love from the devs than diablo ever did.

it's pretty fkn obvious.
I don't play any game enough to pay a subscription fee. So no. I've chosen not to buy games solely because they required subscriptions. Now, if those subscriptions were hourly based, maybe (like you bought say, 60 hours at a time, rather then a monthly fee). Then at least I'd know I'm getting my money's worth,
I don't pay monthly fees, that's for cattle.
02/08/2019 06:23 PMPosted by Absting159
$5.99 monthly fee - would you pay?

for this epic game/franchise: yes

-if i get a protected PvE aRPG part, with extra fun for solo players
-if there are monthly free PvE surprises, sometimes BIG ones :)
-if i get a stash per character
-if i can get all season PETS and all other season stuff in solo normal

-if i get a guarantee, that the game will stay in maintanance mode for free and for years, if so decided

-if the money part STAYS with that fee and not a single other way to earn money on the game; not for the corp, not for any player

THEN i'll pay 5$ a month.
stupid post. might as well delete this thread.

didnt bother to read it. auto downvote. booo!
I would pay a monthly sub if they were providing content engaging enough to keep me wanting to come back and keep playing. It's really going to come down to the game they present. If they are going to try to do an MMO style game then a monthly sub makes alot of sense, but if it's just a ARPG like past Diablo games or like POE then a sub model wouldn't work.
02/15/2019 10:40 PMPosted by DOA
I don't pay monthly fees, that's for cattle.

Oh?

Phone plan? Internet? TV? Water? Garbage? Electricity?

Betcha you have 1 or more of those.

Congrats, you’re a cow!
didn't know diablo players were so cheap, heh.

scared of a few bucks a month even if it means quality and longevity?

yall are weird.

tells a lot about the kind of community this game has ; not sure if losing the free loaders is such a bad idea ;)

cheap players mean extra load on the servers for no extra money.
id rather have a quality game tbh.
02/16/2019 03:32 PMPosted by Teksuo

yall are weird.

Throwing money at something doesn't guarantee you'll get something in return. That's the big problem here, with a subscription you're paying for a hope something gets added to the game. You're paying for a potentially empty promise.

I may a bit oldschool but I'd rather pay a single time for a complete product than tiny amounts gradually for an incomplete one.
02/16/2019 03:32 PMPosted by Teksuo

yall are weird.

tells a lot about the kind of community this game has ; not sure if losing the free loaders is such a bad idea ;)

cheap players mean extra load on the servers for no extra money.
id rather have a quality game tbh.

It's more of the game having a long history of no micro-transactions and no additional fees other than the purchase of the initial game, expansions and DLC releases.

For many of us it's a inexpensive go to game when we are not playing more time consuming games that we also enjoy. Personally I have been playing MMO's for many years now that do require content purchases, have a store and a monthly subscription. Games like Diablo are the one time expense games that I enjoy playing when I wish to do something different.

I for one could not see me paying a monthly fee for a what's intended to be a casual game.