Disgusting layoffs, Activision

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
800 people lost their job today and the real problem is still here.

The CEOs salary is $1,750,000 and on top of that $2,808,688 was received as a bonus + multiple millions of stock bonus.

A real leader would take responsibility and would have halved his salary first before destroying hundreads of familys. They don’t cut down their loyal workers to make investors happy. This is so disgusting.

I will refuse to spend a single cent on your games. I am so done with that company. I wont feed the shareholders and that greedy managment.

#FireBobbyKotick
You didn't think anyone in the leadership tier were going to lose their jobs did you? At best, some low or low/mid level managers get the axe when these things happen but nobody at high level management ever has to worry. They get a golden parachute and early retirement at most. And the execs will all give themselves bonuses with all the money saved by laying off the actual employees.

This is basically every large corporation.
The unfortunate thing about all of this is they had a record year in terms of revenues...

I feel for the Esports team at Blizzard... Their worst fears were confirmed today.
02/12/2019 03:50 PMPosted by lazy
A real leader would take responsibility and would have halved his salary first before destroying hundreads of familys. They don’t cut down their loyal workers to make investors happy. This is so disgusting.

HAHAHAHA !!!! where do you live cause that is hilarious in any capitalist society.

no CEO will do that , and compared to other multi billion dollar valued companies Blizzard's CEO makes way less.
02/12/2019 04:11 PMPosted by Soma

HAHAHAHA !!!! where do you live cause that is hilarious in any capitalist society.

no CEO will do that , and compared to other multi billion dollar valued companies Blizzard's CEO makes way less.

Oh really? Where do you live, because Satoru Iwata (Nintendo) did it.
02/12/2019 03:57 PMPosted by Imperius
The unfortunate thing about all of this is they had a record year in terms of revenues...
Black Ops 4 is one of the best selling games of 2018 but shareholders were not happy.

Record revenue and the shareholders are still not happy.

See where the problem is?
02/12/2019 04:19 PMPosted by lazy
02/12/2019 04:11 PMPosted by Soma

Oh really? Where do you live, because Satoru Iwata (Nintendo) did it.

Yes when Nintendo was losing a ton of money, as Blizzard-Activision is making money why would the CEO take a cut , they eliminated positions that were not needed anymore which makes sense (plus they gave good severance)
02/12/2019 04:31 PMPosted by Hypersonic
02/12/2019 03:57 PMPosted by Imperius
Black Ops 4 is one of the best selling games of 2018 but shareholders were not happy.

Record revenue and the shareholders are still not happy.

See where the problem is?

Bobby bent over for the shareholders, since 2019 will probably be very average. Blizzard will not release anything major and Activision will probably stick to Call of Duty as usual... Unless King releases another Candy Crush its safe to say 2019 won't be a smooth sailing year.

Blizzcon 2019 is probably very important. It will set the mood for 2020, for both the fans and the shareholders.
This company is a joke now.

Here you go Blizzard, we have a plot reserved for you next to your Golden Age cousins Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, Maxis and all the rest.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
More than 800.

They said net reduction of 8% which implies total number of people reduces by 800, however they're also increasing the number of developers working on core titles by 20% so if you account for them the number of people losing their jobs is higher than 800.
02/12/2019 04:57 PMPosted by Dean478
This company is a !@#$ing joke now.

Here you go Blizzard, we have a plot reserved for you next to your Golden Age cousins Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, Maxis and all the rest.

Well, Blizzard isn't to blame, but the anger is justified
Activision is deplorable they have no respect for their customers who make them money and they have no respect for their employees who maintain their company.

Activision doesn't deserve to be in the gaming business or any business for that matter...
a seriously pathetic company
if you get bad results with x employees ; might aswell get bad results with (x-800) employees. sounds logical ;)
02/12/2019 05:59 PMPosted by Teksuo
if you get bad results with x employees ; might aswell get bad results with (x-800) employees. sounds logical ;)

It was a record year for the earnings and the people who lost their jobs weren't devs, well... not Blizzard devs.
800 people lost their job today and the real problem is still here.

The CEOs salary is $1,750,000 and on top of that $2,808,688 was received as a bonus + multiple millions of stock bonus.

I will refuse to spend a single cent on your games. I am so done with that company. I wont feed the shareholders and that greedy managment.

Very sad day for us all, and especially for the hardworking people who got laid off. I wish them all well and good fortune surely and quickly.
I will refuse to spend a single cent on your games.

If only everyone did that then ... I guess more people at Blizzard would lose their jobs?
02/12/2019 10:06 PMPosted by Jinx
I will refuse to spend a single cent on your games.

If only everyone did that then ... I guess more people at Blizzard would lose their jobs?

5000 people would lose their job and their families would have to live through tough time. That’s only if Blizzard is shut down without affecting the other subsidiaries, which is almost impossible.

I can’t believe anyone would want that.
What I find particularly disheartening is the small bump in the stocks after announcing cuts... i know it’s probably more about the statement that financially Activision Blizzard had the best year in its history, but I don’t know... kinda feels wrong