Upgrading....

General Discussion
What is this garbage where the items I need to upgrade do not drop? I've been grinding GRs and from like GR50 to GR65 I haven't received a single upgrade. When I reforge a legendary it !@#$ing DOWNGRADES the thing. It's a %^-*ing joke at this point, why would I keep playing?
Welcome to the fantasy world of "Never Ending Frustration" and they call it RNG. Just think, if you ever do get a upgrade how good it will feel. ;)
Try targeting the items you need via other methods offered in game.

You seem to be doing pretty well with gear after a brief look at your seasonal crusader. /shrug
03/05/2019 07:56 AMPosted by Palpapally
What is this garbage where the items I need to upgrade do not drop? I've been grinding GRs and from like GR50 to GR65 I haven't received a single upgrade. When I reforge a legendary it !@#$ing DOWNGRADES the thing. It's a %^-*ing joke at this point, why would I keep playing?

Like you I have the worst luck with reforge.. All this season has been way to hard to find anything to upgrade.. I do know that this season has made it clear to me that the game ends as soon as you get a full setup of ancient gear. Primal drops are to rare, so you can't hope for an upgrade, and you have a better chance of getting a useless Primal, than something for your build.. It's all luck and more time than most people have in their life time to try for..
There's no upgrade - only reroll or slot machine rolls.
'Upgrading'

same here:
ancient drops are nerved to death, to destroy the LoN concept.
03/05/2019 12:08 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN

ancient drops are nerved to death, to destroy the LoN concept.

Nerved?
Source?
It definitely feels like the gear that is currently the meta for that class drops less frequently and gives the feeling that not only are the loot itself is random, but weighted against meta items dropping less frequently.

It also seems like when rerolling affixes, the affixes themselves act like they are weighted as well.

If you really want to drive yourself mad, try finding an ancient 'Endless Walk' jewelry with a natural socket.
03/05/2019 02:13 PMPosted by Pariahmonkey
It definitely feels like the gear that is currently the meta for that class drops less frequently and gives the feeling that not only are the loot itself is random, but weighted against meta items dropping less frequently.

It also seems like when rerolling affixes, the affixes themselves act like they are weighted as well.

If you really want to drive yourself mad, try finding an ancient 'Endless Walk' jewelry with a natural socket.

^so much this

As a DH getting impale damage on Shadow gear which it needs it is rare. Always rolls Multishot bonus.

Switch to UE Multishot build and guess what rolls on every drop, yup Impale damage bonus.
Drops have been OK for me this season. Crafting and Kadala hasn't been. Finding it really hard to get good weapon rolls though.
03/05/2019 02:26 PMPosted by Prology
As a DH getting impale damage on Shadow gear which it needs it is rare. Always rolls Multishot bonus.

Switch to UE Multishot build and guess what rolls on every drop, yup Impale damage bonus.

tin foil hat on

Or if you need fire damage on your bracers, you will see 20% cold damage 5 times before you finally get that 16% fire damage. Want to go for 20% fire? You are going to see that 20% cold damage 25 times before you see that 20% fire.

THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL!

tin foil hat off

rng is rng. Everything is working as intended. Nothing to see here, move along. These are not the droids you are looking for. There is no conspiracy.
Try this....

Change to a full set you have in your stash but never used, run some GRs, viola....gear u dont need for that set will drop...and usually ancient too.

Works every time ;)
03/05/2019 06:45 PMPosted by Alexismad
THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL!

tin foil hat off

rng is rng. Everything is working as intended. Nothing to see here, move along. These are not the droids you are looking for. There is no conspiracy.

D3 devs changed the "Seeded Random Number Generator" before the last big balance patch.

It can wipe out all your veiled crystals and DB just to roll 20% damage on bracers or ammy. (If you are a casual player)

One can tell it is seeded rng when you start the mystic upgrade and you get the same stat " 12% condemn damage" over and over. ( as an example )

When this happens i.e. " the same exact stat rolls so many times it seems a conspiracy" it is just seeded rng.

The devs like this algorithm.
They don't want you getting the 20% Fire damage after 8 rolls.

Because dps creep has ppl running gr100+ after first week in Season, the D3 devs realized they had to make something difficult to get.

In order to roll your ancient/primal gear you need to spend over 60+ hours (efficiently) farming bounties and rifts on T13 to collect all the mats necessary.

Otherwise one will be brilliantly disappointed trying to roll gear as they run out of mats.
^so much this

03/05/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Chetanji
THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL!

tin foil hat off

D3 devs changed the "Seeded Random Number Generator" before the last big balance patch.

It can wipe out all your veiled crystals and DB just to roll 20% damage on bracers or ammy. (If you are a casual player)

One can tell it is seeded rng when you start the mystic upgrade and you get the same stat " 12% condemn damage" over and over. ( as an example )

When this happens i.e. " the same exact stat rolls so many times it seems a conspiracy" it is just seeded rng.

Because dps creep has ppl running gr100+ after first week in Season, the D3 devs realized they had to make something difficult to get.

In order to roll your ancient/primal gear you need to spend over 60+ hours (efficiently) farming bounties and rifts on T13 to collect all the mats necessary.

Otherwise one will be brilliantly disappointed trying to roll gear as they run out of mats.

D3 Devs...what D3 Devs?
03/05/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Chetanji
THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL!

tin foil hat off

That is easy compared to rolling the right skill damage boost on off hand items for DH and Necro. So many Skill % boost to sort through.
entitled players at its best, LULW
03/05/2019 02:26 PMPosted by Prology

Seems item RNG weighted towards specific skill when dropped/gambled/cubed with that skill. So if Shadow boots dropped with multishot skill, then Mystic stats skill rolls such more than other RNG rolls. Patience and perseverance.